SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

today i went down to Planet do EO change and spark plug change. Is my spark plug really bad? I took a photo of it. The mech told me my air fuel mixture rich so the tip is black. I changed to a NGK spark plug and the same mech told me it can last 15000 km? Is that true? I also did an air filter change. Dont think it's very dirty though. Is there any way to clean it myself in the future?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4929843264_6a01c7d983_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4929249951_036306e527_b.jpg

its good to change your spark plug every now and then... yes, your air fuel mixture is rich. and don't worry... the plug probably can last 25000km...

as for your air filter, no it isn't exactly washable. its meant to be replaced, unless you buy a k&n air filter instead which I cannot recommend, since it is expensive and you have to clean it every 10000km or so... and each time you clean it you would have to spend quite a sum of money on the filter cleaner and filter oil

:cheers:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Always after a ride when I turn off my ignition, I'll hear a tick tick sound that will go on for a quite a while. It's been like this since 1 month ago when i started riding my TA200.

My rear brakes are just serviced not long ago because it's pressing too hard on the disc making it little hard to push the bike, and it will squeek a little when i move it. And now 2 weeks after it was serviced, the problem came back, this time it squeeks even when i ride at a decently higher speed( around 20-30km/hr while squeezing through cars), it gets quite loud at times.

My clutch sometimes have no power, but at times it do, not sure its the engine or the clutch which has no power though. And normally only at gear 1 there will be a sudden pick up(its a small jerk/sudden push) when clutch almost fully released. Now it happens even at higher gear when the clutch loses power, and I don't really think I'm at a too high gear to move off.

*I don't entertain bullsh*t

Ticking sound - exhaust is cooling down. This is normal.

Disc brakes - is anything scraping the pad? That will cause the metallic squeal.

Power - I need to test ride the thing to really know what's wrong. Quite a few ways to make engine lose torque.

It's better to get Dr Chong to test it for himself since he'll know exactly what to fix. Forum can only tell you what areas to look out for.

Went to planet(heard them saying Chong's on MC or not there), they said my brake pads not good so it's changed. So solved i assume. So far no squeeky sound. Power wise, how to make the engine lose its torque?

And regarding FC, mine is quite high (30km/L) for my size (170cm 50+kg). I'm wondering if its because the fuel component is too high, any idea how to check if its too high and how to adjust?

Thanks Kalyan for replies. ^^

*I don't entertain bullsh*t

FC is a can of worms, some bikes just get very low FC others act like Toyota Prius.

Not to steal Joshua's limelight, his bike is considered almost max cargo setup and he is getting very good FC because he is very small sized as well.

Mine is absolutely strange because out from the shop in March it does 45km/l (eat that Pulsar!), once modified for greater torque (DIY VTEC :p) it does 36km/l racing Super 4s in backroads - I then did some things to optimise it even more and now it's back to 40km/l. With the X-ring chain and optimised sprockets I could possibly ease more miles out of the thing if I didn't ride at high power settings all day.

Rider size wise I'm ang moh sized and 6ft 5in 80kg so... drop me a line (PM) if you want me to look at/discuss carb settings. You are probably running over-rich if it tops out at 30km/l.

Went to planet(heard them saying Chong's on MC or not there), they said my brake pads not good so it's changed. So solved i assume. So far no squeeky sound. Power wise, how to make the engine lose its torque?

And regarding FC, mine is quite high (30km/L) for my size (170cm 50+kg). I'm wondering if its because the fuel component is too high, any idea how to check if its too high and how to adjust?

Thanks Kalyan for replies. ^^

hmmm... ah chong was only away at 12 noon for a short while... does that mean you ride a phantom with a puig windshield...?

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

Saturday Local Outing(s)

OP1: TECHNICAL SESSION

Time: 1300hrs (Confirmed)

Venue: Planet Motor Cycles (Ubi Rd 1)

Participants:

1. Kalyan

2. 2x Phantoms

Primary topic:

Mechanical condition vs fuel efficiency

Basic carb settings and how to safely DIY

Learn to recognise lean / rich running conditions and characteristics

Using Phantom 200s for demonstration and hands-on with Ah Chong of Planet

** Template for Sat night outing/road recon in another forum. **

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

Saturday Local Outing(s)

OP1: TECHNICAL SESSION

Time: 1300hrs (Confirmed)

Venue: Planet Motor Cycles (Ubi Rd 1)

Participants:

1. Kalyan

2. 2x Phantoms

Primary topic:

Mechanical condition vs fuel efficiency

Basic carb settings and how to safely DIY

Learn to recognise lean / rich running conditions and characteristics

Using Phantom 200s for demonstration and hands-on with Ah Chong of Planet

** Template for Sat night outing/road recon in another forum. **

ermmm saturday as in tomorrow 4th of september saturday? =(

and to all pks, would like to ask one thing, if my battery is dry cell, how do i "maintain' or at least know when its going to die? does using a multimeter to check its voltage work?

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

i might be there easlier to get my EO changed... cannot 1pm la.. cause i working later..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Yes. Today is caturday :3

Battery die = omg push start!

But frankly, really low chances of that provided you're not having giant spotlights, LEDs everywhere, super4 or worse... CAR spec HID and things start getting screwed up cos the generator only has so much charging power per RPM.

So stock ftw. Never run outta battery :D

If you've problems with starting (battery can't hold a charge, or starter needs cleaning) then look into the electrics (yes, multimeter is good for that, or grab a voltmeter off someone). I think if voltage under 11.7 then the starter won't turn.

u will have prob starting your bike. that's when u need to change battries.. Yes it's dry cell... battries cannot maintain.. old liao.. throw!

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• 1 month later...

This is what happened.

I parked my bike exposed to the sun (around 11.30am) and went for lunch. When I came back 45 minutes later, I pushed the bike and it refused to budge. It seems that the wheel got locked, I need to exert a huge amount of force before I can move the bike.

I then started the bike and ride it to a nearby shady area so that I can take a look. Although the bike can move with the engine running, it still feels like driving a car with the handbrake on. There was alot of resistance.

I have no idea what happened even after inspecting the wheels. My guess was that the brake disc expanded due to heat from the hot sun. So i sprayed some water to the braking system to "cool" it down hoping it will contract. True enough, my bike can move freely afterwards!

Anyone experienced this before?

This is what happened.

I parked my bike exposed to the sun (around 11.30am) and went for lunch. When I came back 45 minutes later, I pushed the bike and it refused to budge. It seems that the wheel got locked, I need to exert a huge amount of force before I can move the bike.

I then started the bike and ride it to a nearby shady area so that I can take a look. Although the bike can move with the engine running, it still feels like driving a car with the handbrake on. There was alot of resistance.

I have no idea what happened even after inspecting the wheels. My guess was that the brake disc expanded due to heat from the hot sun. So i sprayed some water to the braking system to "cool" it down hoping it will contract. True enough, my bike can move freely afterwards!

Most likely yr rear brake pump has busted & jammed.

Go to the nearest or yr bike shop to get it done, best is tow over.

Riding with the jammed brakes is not a joke.

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

TA200 has a common problem with the rear brake pump. as it's located at the bottom, watter sip in easily.... get it replace asap.. tow your bike... call 96166852 bike tow number $ 20 per tow.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

This is what happened.

High probability that your brake piston is jammed.

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

Hi all,

Would like to ask what could have went wrong if my right signal light(front/rear) not working anymore , and at the same time i can hear BUZZ-ing sound from the right chrome cover when i switch on the right signal?

your relay could been busted...

your switch faulty..

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

hello... today i rode a short distance for lunch. Then went back to bike saw the seal at the fuel tank area leaking fuel.. sian half.. I din notice it when i start up the bike.

so much problem :( .. i attached 2 pics.. anyway to salvage? or i'll have to go down change whole tank? Anyone done before?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/5088595621_d9ee9df4d7.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/5088595473_71d72dc02a.jpg