SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good day!!! Just wan to chk if is it normal for EO motul300v to evaporate in ard 3wks+ time frame to low?? Mileage travelled ard 400+km

normal engine oil won't really evaporate. great oils like 300v surely won't. the only two ways for the engine oil to disappear is either the oil get burnt off by the combustion, or get forced out of the engine through the engine breather

400+km... the distance should be too short to affect engine oil levels significantly

but to be sure, just check your engine oil levels

:cheers:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

normal engine oil won't really evaporate. great oils like 300v surely won't. the only two ways for the engine oil to disappear is either the oil get burnt off by the combustion, or get forced out of the engine through the engine breather

400+km... the distance should be too short to affect engine oil levels significantly

but to be sure, just check your engine oil levels

arhh ic. Think will do a proper engine oil lvl chck tml before riding to work. I just popped up and do cold engine oil lvl check today and find it too low. No white smoke so I assume the engine should be fine.

I have such engine oil problems too. I lose 200-300ml of oil every 500km. No white smoke no oil leaks, so its irritating that i got to top up the oil once in a while. Is it possible the oil is burnt off by combustion but because of small amounts, there is no white smoke?

And when fuel mixture is rich (not extremely rich), is it normal to have black smoke when i rev hard at neutral? Or is that black smoke from my EO? -_-"

*I don't entertain bullsh*t

I have such engine oil problems too. I lose 200-300ml of oil every 500km. No white smoke no oil leaks, so its irritating that i got to top up the oil once in a while. Is it possible the oil is burnt off by combustion but because of small amounts, there is no white smoke?

And when fuel mixture is rich (not extremely rich), is it normal to have black smoke when i rev hard at neutral? Or is that black smoke from my EO? -_-"

The black smoke is unburnt fuel. Lots and lots of it!

My engine is hot enough that mineral and semi-syn won't cut it. Full synthetic (chex 9k) solved the oil consumption issue for good.

CJP isn't as "hot" as mine so something else is amiss :p

black smoke shouldn't be unburnt fuel. it should be burnt eo

water smoke is water

since phantom's exhaust has a catalyser, the exhaust is extremely hot. any petrol not burnt in the engine would be detonated in the exhaust pipe, resulting in a backfire

Vidak does make a point. However, I suspect its unburnt fuel for a reason. When i tune my fuel mixture lean and rev hard, there isn't any black smoke. Only when rich there is black smoke. But of course, that doesnt mean no EO is being burnt. The rate of EO dropping is quite low i assume. =)

*I don't entertain bullsh*t

• 1 month later...

yep.. it takes some time for the pads to bed in into the disc... whenever u go to a bike shop, ask the mechanic to blast air at ur calipers.. brake dust accumulates alot during this period...

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Okay this will sound like a damn stupid question but, what do I use to oil the chain?

if you are using an oiler you can just use engine oil or gear oil... if you are not you should use chain lube instead...

Okay, second stupid question. What is an oiler? Is it a stock part or is it a mod? I highly doubt that I have an oiler though.

alamak, no such thing from motorcycle manufacturer...its an innovative idea by bikers to improve the life span of the chain, spocket, and engine performance. there are oiler system in aftermarket but very expensive.

if u need an oiler, go see ezzyoiler thread under "the clinic", his oiler system is DIY and he will be proud to show you his better one now as compared to his protol type one. go check with him for his updated DIY oiler system.

Edited by vvss

Need some advice.

My TA 200 keep dying in the rain!

i just change spark cap and distributor.

Its like losing power and keep back firing!

only raining day then happen!

there could be a pssibility of circuit.s.. shorting.

if this the case..very troublesome to trouble shoot...ie need to friled check wires and bad connections..takes a lot of time..

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

Anyone can help me on the below qn ? thks. :-)

maybe you can disconnect the battery everytime you park your bike

or go ebay look for battery charger

normally charger is AC supply, in other words, you have to remove your battery from bike and bring home or wherever you get power supply for your charger.

Anyone can help me on the below qn ? thks. :-)

....well it look like you have a weak battery or a leaky system..

..start your bike every now and then and revive your battery...but need time

....the best is get a trickle charger that will keep your bike in tip top condtions..but you need acess to power supplies..many diff type. it cost $10 or so to hundreds. the range is very wide.

...disconnecting your battery...is also another alternatives..

so u see bike collectors like yourself need to prepare the bikes for riding when you take them out..

no choice one.....

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer: