SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

We're at risk of creating the first ever SBF Giant Suspension Discussion :3

Well I could post all I know here but it's more efficient to discuss them over a chicken chop and ice coffee LOL.

The things I'll explain are not for public consumption - the very concept of a TA going against a S4 is unheard of (but definitely possible and done before). Not even that. Who uses a TA to play corner? It's brilliant, I love it :D

As you suspect, the suspension settings have a part to play in that. I don't have skidding problems; on the contrary, deliberately inducing oversteer and/or instability is my game.

i like that.. but seriously a ta vs s4.. its really darm exciting man.. but imo i think the most ta can do is to stay side by side till 100km.. unless insanitly mod:angel:

100 on our meter is only abt 80, most likely his going 90 or + abit which will b abt 110 +- on our meter, which is still considered legal :cheeky:

ya.. agreed!.. used to fix digital meter on my last bike... 100= 82 :( on gps.. sucks man.. so i rathe cheat myself that i am actually riding darm fast lolz

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i adjusted my suspension the the most solid and hard one already.. cause got 3 boxes ma.. yes going throught hump sux.. but it's okay ;D

aiya.. ride slow and safe better ma.... so fast for what..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

i adjusted my suspension the the most solid and hard one already.. cause got 3 boxes ma.. yes going throught hump sux.. but it's okay ;D aiya.. ride slow and safe better ma.... so fast for what..

Bro, having lots of space is not an excuse to carry junk around. I may be wrong & you have some pressing need to carry around loads of equipment, but perhaps you can go through your box & take out anything that you have not touched in 3 months....

Stiff suspensions are indeed a pain in the ass....

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Bro, having lots of space is not an excuse to carry junk around. I may be wrong & you have some pressing need to carry around loads of equipment, but perhaps you can go through your box & take out anything that you have not touched in 3 months....

Stiff suspensions are indeed a pain in the ass....

haha bro ;D u'r 50% correct... the equipment i carry in my box is toolkit and cableties... The rest of the junk for example raincoats only ;D

Love the boxes on my bike alot alot =D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

I was caught in the rain yesterday morning. My bike died several times at junctions. After that the bike can not be started untill I pushed it to the carpark and took a rest for mins. Later when the rain stopped, there is no problem at all.

It is damn annoying, and I suffered in the rain.

I wonder what is the problem, and how much would it cost to get it repared?

Thank you

I was caught in the rain yesterday morning. My bike died several times at junctions. After that the bike can not be started untill I pushed it to the carpark and took a rest for mins. Later when the rain stopped, there is no problem at all.

Thank you

it could b a case of shorts...check your spark plug and cap..high tension cablefor shorts..

it could be a leaking spark plug cap..temporary solution get some electrical tape and wrap it up nicely...start engine..spray water on to the engine at the spark plug area..if engine okay..u have solve the problem..:cheeky:

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

Thank you

its e spark plug cap... very small problem... water is entering the spark plug area n thats why ur bike dies off. so in dry weather no problem, wet then got problem, but once u stop, water evaporate, then u can start again... just get e spark plu cap changed for i think $18... :)

hi my fren riding ta200 and i were thinking of doing valve clearances to our bikes. however he think that he should do a top overhaul instead. although i more senior den him in riding, yet i dono wads the ans to this qn. so wad i wanna ask is about wad are the different SYMPTOMS for valve clearance and top overhaul respectively.

anw his ta200 fuel consumption v high. den when idling the sound like not uniform. dats wad i see. thanks guys.

spark plugs, air filter, coolant, engine oil & oil filter, OWS flush, front forks, front wheel bearing, brake pads, brake fluid, alarm, carb washed, steering cone, rear brake light, fuel filter, jets, front tyre, dyna carb tuning, rear tyre, rear tyre inner tubing, rear wheel bearing, fuel tubing, alternator, rectifier, battery, valve clearance/top overhaul, chain & sprocket.

haha bro ;D u'r 50% correct... the equipment i carry in my box is toolkit and cableties... The rest of the junk for example raincoats only ;D

Love the boxes on my bike alot alot =D

I know what you mean. Having ridden the last 3 years without a box, suddenly having a 46L rear & 2 big saddlebags are indeed convenient. Normally the bags are almost empty, but they are indeed handy to have around. I rain tested the saddlebags toda & they stayed Dry :thumbs:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

I know what you mean. Having ridden the last 3 years without a box, suddenly having a 46L rear & 2 big saddlebags are indeed convenient. Normally the bags are almost empty, but they are indeed handy to have around. I rain tested the saddlebags toda & they stayed Dry :thumbs:

Tumbs ups for boxes bro ;D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Thank you

it could b a case of shorts...check your spark plug and cap..high tension cablefor shorts..

it could be a leaking spark plug cap..temporary solution get some electrical tape and wrap it up nicely...start engine..spray water on to the engine at the spark plug area..if engine okay..u have solve the problem..:cheeky:

its e spark plug cap... very small problem... water is entering the spark plug area n thats why ur bike dies off. so in dry weather no problem, wet then got problem, but once u stop, water evaporate, then u can start again... just get e spark plu cap changed for i think $18... :)

Confirm it's spark plug old/loose, and therefore leaking water in and causing it not to spark properly resulting in the engine dying.

Either get it changed at your favorite motorcycle workshop, or do as ezzyoiler says.

If not, during riding and it dies off, clutch in, shift to neutral, let the bike coast and count about 30 secs or until the bike about to stop, then press the starter. Water usually evaporates by 30 secs or so when the engine is hot. :cheeky:

Did this repeatedly when riding in the rain on the way back from Malaysia before and maintained a speed above 50km on the road shoulder. :lol:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

hi my fren riding ta200 and i were thinking of doing valve clearances to our bikes. however he think that he should do a top overhaul instead. although i more senior den him in riding, yet i dono wads the ans to this qn. so wad i wanna ask is about wad are the different SYMPTOMS for valve clearance and top overhaul respectively.

anw his ta200 fuel consumption v high. den when idling the sound like not uniform. dats wad i see. thanks guys.

i'll give a very frank opinion or maybe even close to advise on the above.

1. top overhaul - only do this when white smokes starts exiting out of the tailpipe of a ta200, if not dont bother thinking about it, as its a waste of preventive maintainence. top overhaul involves removing of top engine block, reboring of block slightly, changing of piston rings, gasket and engine oil, this is the basic overhauling of a combustion engine.

2. valve clearance - only do this if the combustion chambers leaks pressure, this can be check using a compression gauge, why i say this is because ta200 is meant as a transport bike or leisure bike, hence power loss is not that dramatic to cost u loss of power.

anyway, i've yet to hear a ta200 doing valve clearance as its a very rudimentry engine design and its made to be rugged, hence tolerance level of the engine is very high, its almost made close to be bulletproof....

anyway if u still feel there is a need to do either of it, my best advise is, do both at the same time then, as the block is already opened up, but my advise is doing top overhaul is more than sufficient if the need ever arises

another thing is how bad is the fuel consumption

huat ah

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

hey thanks hamsterwhale. his petrol economy like 22km/l around dere. depends on city/highway. and also his idling. if put idling speed too low sounds as though not uniform, so i told him to put higher so it sounds better. yup.

spark plugs, air filter, coolant, engine oil & oil filter, OWS flush, front forks, front wheel bearing, brake pads, brake fluid, alarm, carb washed, steering cone, rear brake light, fuel filter, jets, front tyre, dyna carb tuning, rear tyre, rear tyre inner tubing, rear wheel bearing, fuel tubing, alternator, rectifier, battery, valve clearance/top overhaul, chain & sprocket.

22km/l sounds really bad. I would look at carb settings; it should be no less than 30km/l in the worst of conditions. Remember you lose power, efficiency, and throttle response on over-rich settings.

Optimal should be about 38km/l (which is rich for my bike) & I've maintained that for about 6,000km (usual load of 2 side boxes, 10kg cargo, 76kg rider, no throttle discipline at all)

hey thanks hamsterwhale. his petrol economy like 22km/l around dere. depends on city/highway. and also his idling. if put idling speed too low sounds as though not uniform, so i told him to put higher so it sounds better. yup.

as what kalyan mentioned, look at the carb jetting 1st, but does your fren knoes ta200 got 6 gears....no offence sometimes its this little things that get caught up...anyway look thru the carb 1st...after that slowly poke the spark plug, air filter, brakes, chain all those friction robbing parts....

J. P. Morgan

Hey all, I would like to get your advice on two things...

Firstly, the mech I normally go to recently started saying that my rear tyre was 'balding unevenly', and best to get it changed. But I ride even during wet weather it still feels pretty okay, and also around the corners, regardless of wet or dry... The threading on the tyre still appears quite deep to me say about 2-4 mm? So is he trying to chop or the way I'm looking at the balding is wrong?

And secondly, he mentioned that my engine is leaking engine oil, he mentioned something about the engine gasket slight leak, but nothing to worry about, again, is there any remedy for this while its still early?

Thank you all for your time

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

Firstly, the mech I normally go to recently started saying that my rear tyre was 'balding unevenly', and best to get it changed. But I ride even during wet weather it still feels pretty okay, and also around the corners, regardless of wet or dry... The threading on the tyre still appears quite deep to me say about 2-4 mm? So is he trying to chop or the way I'm looking at the balding is wrong?

And secondly, he mentioned that my engine is leaking engine oil, he mentioned something about the engine gasket slight leak, but nothing to worry about, again, is there any remedy for this while its still early?

1. Balding unevenly?

Riding with overinflated tyres can cause the centre tread to wear fast, however you may benefit from less rolling resistance, better FC.

Furthermore unlike car tyres, the bike's tyres are designed to be able to let you roll in corners. If your daily commute involves cruising on highways all year, definitely the centre will be flattened.

Therefore, unless strange wear patterns appear on your tyre, ride it until you need to change it. Post a pic for the boys to comment?

2. Oil leak

I suggest letting the engine cool off, lay on your side to the right of the bike and look at where the oil is dripping from. Sometimes, overenthusiastic mechanics damage the oil drain screw and seal when they change your oil leading to a slight oil leak.

The repair may cost just a few dollars. Target this low cost yet critical item first to avoid big and unnecessary repair bills.

if tyre is wearing fast on 1 side, then its a mechnical problem, solve it 1st b4 changing a new tyre, if not u'll end up with the same old problem, but if centre is wearing faster than side, its normal as wat kalyan has mentioned, what causes a side to wear faster, poor alignment of wheels whilst tightening of chain, bearing worn out, or the less common one is, u've been making more turns then the other side....lol

engine gasket leakage is not by diagnosing from the engine oil cap, if the mech say gasket gone, look at ur engine block, esp the fin area, u see black stain tio boh???it means the gasket is gone and oil is being forced out by that poor sealing area, best to change the gasket while doig a top overhaul, if not dont bother changing a 10 bucks item with labour cost that goes more than 80 bucks, so its pointless, a leaky gasket is a minor problem, it doesn't need to be fixed as soon as possible, but do watch your engine oil level, thats all....

huat ah!!!

J. P. Morgan

Kaylan: Thank you for the quick reply, I've attached two pictures that shows my tyre, hopefully its clear enough.. =)

Hamsterwhale: Thank you too for your input.

The engine oil is not leaking out per se, he says its leaking, but inside? :shy:

Sorry he just told me the engine block ..... gasket..... leaking, but not serious, and just monitor engine oil level and do regular maintenance, thats all =P

Gasket is just the little piece of paper that rims the engine block right?

19082010131.jpg

19082010133.jpg

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg