SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI guys..

I have ride for 1year ++ on this, and recently I feel that my baby TA200 is vibrating quite harsh, compare to last time, especially can feel on my feet. It come to worst for my Pillion at the back, directly on the back tire. His leg will go numb after the ride.

Anyone have encounter this matter can give me advise on the problem. THx

HI guys..

I have ride for 1year ++ on this, and recently I feel that my baby TA200 is vibrating quite harsh, compare to last time, especially can feel on my feet. It come to worst for my Pillion at the back, directly on the back tire. His leg will go numb after the ride.

Anyone have encounter this matter can give me advise on the problem. THx

change your engine oil, check (and possibly change) your chain and sprockets, tighten the bolts that mount the engine onto the chassis... your bike should vibrate less :cheers:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

i hate such kind of person who post questions and ask for opinions then cannot accept fellow forummers' point of view and openly discriminate them.

no point to share our opinions with such an ignorance person here.

be warned for those people who intend to reply to such an ignorance and unrespect to others...later he again claimed that your comments are non-relevant and irritating.

change your engine oil, check (and possibly change) your chain and sprockets, tighten the bolts that mount the engine onto the chassis... your bike should vibrate less :cheers:

vicky,

i dont think he ever before touched the bolts on the engine mounting.

in my pov, i think the problem might be due to loose foot rest or exhaust.

Edited by vvss

precisely, there are many factors that you need to consider when buying a merchanise.

come to buying motorcycle, there are such factors too...example like, WHAT IS YOUR OBJECTIVE AND YOUR BUDGET??

if budget is your concern, go buy a bicycle.

if technical is your concern, go buy a first hand bike.

so why replied such an ignorance reply where you think THIS IS FORUM ONLY where IT IS FREE FOR ALL BIKERS WHO ARE SHARING EXPERIENCES. if you cant accept fellow forummers' comment pertaining to your TECHNICAL QUESTION, PLEASE CALL HONDA ENGINEER for further enquiry.

Hi,

Ytd when i am riding and i stop at the traffic light, my bike suddenly die on me... i try to start my engine but it refuse to start. I have try to push start it does not work either. i give up and push my bike to park.This morning i go to my bike again then try my luck in starting in... it managed to start... i don understand why...

Hi,

Ytd when i am riding and i stop at the traffic light, my bike suddenly die on me... i try to start my engine but it refuse to start. I have try to push start it does not work either. i give up and push my bike to park.This morning i go to my bike again then try my luck in starting in... it managed to start... i don understand why...

Sounds like a battery problem, i initially had this problem too. One day bike fine and all riding halfway stopped at traffic light just died. Can crank for a while then die. So left it at carpark. Next day for fun go down,crank and start. Just fine.

Yours got cranking sound? I'm not too sure about the function of a CDI so can't really advise there, but to me, sounds like time for a battery swap.

Ah CHONG!!

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

sighz...I just change my battery like 1mth plus ago... tis is my 2nd battery in 5mths...

what... uh oh this might mean that the problem lies further than the battery... bring it to your workshop and ask the mechanics to test if the rectifier and magnetic coils are working fine...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

sighz...I just change my battery like 1mth plus ago... tis is my 2nd battery in 5mths...

Yeap oh wait, scratch my theory then, can't be battery....

Think its really time for a trip to the mech's

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

Hi,

when was the last time you have cleaned/changed the air filters??

when was the last time you have cleaned and reset spark plug gap or have it replaced .?

when was the last time you have cleaned or check your perol/tank for contaminations??

when was the carbureta cleaned or tuned ??

if you answer is i have no idea??/ just bought the bike or something like that..

its time to get your hands dirty..

i will do that first..

if the problem occurs again and frequently...best is go and have a mechanical/electrical check up..

one of the common issue is that the fuel mix is auto lean with time..sometimes the mech purposely tune it to lean to gine you a high on good fc..

lean engines when hot is very difficult to start...if the bike cools down it can be started easily.

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

it seems the highly possibility is due to electrical problem, make a check and trouble shoot on electrical system, i.e., spark plug cap, spark coil, rectifier, and worst CDI....

mechanical also can be the issue, like carburetor tuning.

take the advice mentioned from fellow forummers and make as guide when you visit the motor diam for checking so that you will know whether if the mechcanic is bull shiiting to you or not.

Today I went to google and learnt about CDI, so

Quick fill in, CDI stands for Capacitor Discharge Ignition

It basically supplies power to the coils.

Huh coils? The advantage of a CDI is that the spark energy is very high, you get a very powerful spark, very high voltage, so it's ideal for 2-Strokes that would otherwise have fouling plugs. This was especially the case in the old days, gas and carburetion was pretty bad, lots of premix issues .

So a CDI was a big advantage. The disadvantage of the CDI is that spark is very short in duration, so if the mixture doesn't ignite exactly under spark occurrence, it doesn't get a second chance. To ignite, it has to be right. That's a capacitor discharge ignition. It's very powerful in most dirtbikes using CDI ignitions, 4-strokes as well as 2-strokes. Most multi-cylinder street bikes use a different variation of the electronic ignition, called a transistorized ignition.

I'll just leave this here for more reading if you need =)

TGIF Guys!

Is it possible to change the sprockets to hit a higher top speed? If so, how does that work? I understand that that usually means a lower pick up but that's fine by me.

Not that I want to racing racing la, just go on highways a lot.

ya, changing the size ratio of your sprockets do help improve or affect the speed of your bike, but i can say the result is insignificant.

so can i say no point for us to change?

unless you are professional racers, where that few km/h more is very crucial as it determine the winner of the race.

1 thing i can assure you is that majority of us is not self-contented, if today you can archieve 140km/h, you would want more tommorrow. am i right to comment that?

next, ram your engine with top speed all the way at highway???

better dont lah, you are basically stressing your machine to the maximum unnecessary, then end up spend more money repairing your engine.

in general, no engine maker will recommend to run any engine at 100% load except speed trial, the common recommendation is to maintain 90% load at normal cruising.

:sweat: :sweat:

non-techincal talk:-

for phantom ta200 with max speed approximately 130-140km/h (depending on individual engine's performance), it is considered good enough to cruise at approx. 110-120km/h (equivalent to 90% load) at singapore expressway not forgetting that our mandatory speed limit is 90km/h.

fyi, if you gonna caught for exceeding the speed of 40km/h and above over the mandatory speed limit, you cannot composite the summon and will be charged in court under the Traffic Offence Act, which will suspend or revoke your license accordingly if your accumulated demerit points meet the requirement under the DIPS System.

hope above helps...

Edited by vvss
server lagged till hang when typing halfway