SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

cool thanks alot guys just saved me 50 plates of chicken rice =S

Time to change mech... =P

Thank you all for your inputs =)

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cool thanks alot guys just saved me 50 plates of chicken rice =S

Time to change mech... =P

Thank you all for your inputs =)

change mech,

for phantom riders, th most recomemded 2 are, surgeon koong & dr chong.

depending which area of sg you stay in & which you'r more comfortable with

koon's more to th west side, chong's more to th east..

your choice.

eithr one, you can get feedback & all you need to know bout em on this forum, i believe.

lucks t you. (:

black&white saves life.

enquire @ [email protected] | 94786'999

just saw a tire.. brand M..... 0606 is the mfg date...literally breaking up..many

crack lines all along side wall of the tyre.

but the tyre threads were like brand new..

hope that chap rode home safely..

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

22km/l sounds really bad. I would look at carb settings; it should be no less than 30km/l in the worst of conditions. Remember you lose power, efficiency, and throttle response on over-rich settings.

Optimal should be about 38km/l (which is rich for my bike) & I've maintained that for about 6,000km (usual load of 2 side boxes, 10kg cargo, 76kg rider, no throttle discipline at all)

wah bro, your fc 38km/l , that alot right.. i test five full tank and my fc is 35.6/l ..my target is to hit 40/l lolz..

i always hear the tick tick sound in my engine and i went 3 different shop/mech to ask and i got the same answer.. timing chain and to change it cost $70 so i change it. HOW to know the sound is still there.. then now they tell me to change the tensioner, i just bought one last month.. went throught the net and found out that phantom design is a failure. and the tensioner problem will always happened.. WTH :sian:

INFO COPY FROM NET

I had this bike for 1 week when the cam chain tensioner failed without any warning whatsoever, causing the piston to hit the valves requiring a total engine rebuild. The engine had only covered 2600km from new! and I was left stranded in the dark for hours waiting to be rescued by my wife and the trailer.

As the bike was out of warranty Honda refused to accept even partial responsibility and now refuse to speak with me on the matter. I have searched the web and other forums where the cam chain loosening is a well known problem (Check Phantom Knights) Beware this cam chain tensioner is also used on other Honda motorcycles and has the potential to fail

Guys. Urgent issue.. I just bought a battery from lab. Dry type. After I change it, I managed to crank start. I left it running for 5min and turn it off.. after a few hours later.. I tried cranking, I heard thr tick tick sound again.. how long must I leave the engine running???? I managed to push start it.. now I don't dare to off it...

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

Guys. Urgent issue.. I just bought a battery from lab. Dry type. After I change it, I managed to crank start. I left it running for 5min and turn it off.. after a few hours later.. I tried cranking, I heard thr tick tick sound again.. how long must I leave the engine running???? I managed to push start it.. now I don't dare to off it...

hmmm... you would need to charge it by riding for a long period of time... maybe half an hour... and try again after that...?

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

oh yea correct! Vidak is right... On a few minutes for new battery not enough, must ride, cause if i remember correctly, the alternator at normal rpm and speed can only charge to maintain the power needed but not enough to recharge the whole battery, so must ride at ideally higher rpms...

If i remember correctly of course

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

New motorcycle maintenance-free batteries ideally need to be trickle charged. There are many schools of thought on how long it should be charged. Personally, I'm comfortable with overnight at low setting (2Amps).

Its kindof like a mobile phone battery, first charge needs to be a long time.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

if you still hear th tick tick sound, i believe your battery is fine.

problem shd lie in your starter rathr thn battery.

black&white saves life.

enquire @ [email protected] | 94786'999

Experts,

I am in a pickle and need some help/advice.

My bike -

9 year old TA 200.

recently done

-top-overhaul

-head gasket change

-add chain tensioner

-suction relay valve replaced

my riding habit

-- normal transit to/fro work/home ~ 30 kms a day. smooth with the TA 200. no issues.

-- every two weeks, i travel to KL for the weekends. this is where i need help

Last weekend, I topped up 1.5L engine oil.. Now i gather that this is too much. I read that the range should be 1.0 - 1.2L. I will follow that guide from now on. i was riding on the north-south highway at 110. Engine RPM is already high and the bike is screaming. i wanted to overtake and throttled up more. The clutch slipped :( and i had to slow down and this happened again after a while when i throttled up relatively quicker for overtaking..

slower throttle increase didnt let the clutch slip though.

my questions are as below.

1. Do you think my clutch is worn and needs replacement?

2. Or, 1.5L of engine oil topping up has anything to do with this clutch slip?

3. Also, after this trip, the gear shifting is very rough and i hear sort of metallic clunking more distinctly. Also, it takes more time for the shift to happen. Earlier, the gear shifting was smooth as knife through butter. What could be the reason for this?

I am planning to take the bike to planet and just wanted to know what could be the issues i am facing.

Also, I would like to modify my bike so that i can travel at around 130km/h in the NS highway constantly with possible lower engine RPM's. Please advise on the mod's i can do and the rough costs i will have to face.

1. one possible mod is the change of 6th gear sprocket? what are the current no. of teeth and how much can i change this to?

2. change of rear sprocket in a similar fashion? How many teeth on stock sprocket and what is the option i have?

3. Also the suspension mod- if possible.

I am relatively defensive rider and dont corner or accelerate too fast too often. My main need is the higher speed for a longer time at lower engine RPM's on the highway in malaysia.

appreciate your help! thanks!

Edited by kadir.v

Hi kadir, low RPMs top speed is Kaylan's specialty, wait a bit... His bike is known to easily chop a super 4! or something like that =)

Kaylan, advice advice! =D

INFO COPY FROM NET

I had this bike for 1 week when the cam chain tensioner failed without any warning whatsoever, causing the piston to hit the valves requiring a total engine rebuild. The engine had only covered 2600km from new! and I was left stranded in the dark for hours waiting to be rescued by my wife and the trailer.

As the bike was out of warranty Honda refused to accept even partial responsibility and now refuse to speak with me on the matter. I have searched the web and other forums where the cam chain loosening is a well known problem (Check Phantom Knights) Beware this cam chain tensioner is also used on other Honda motorcycles and has the potential to fail

this is cut and paste from a thailand thread, may i know the purpose for putting it here? is it serving as a warning? other than that i seriously do not know what your trying to put across....

was it even charged before u put it in???a initial charge is needed, if not the residual voltage left in it is not enough to sustain the idling, which is doing more harm then good...

good day all.. went to ah koon today... great services he have.. nice chap.. saw alot of ta there.. like a family hehez..:lovestruck:

good that u saw alot of fellow ta riders, but pls refrain from posting font that are not from the norm unless u have really important things to highlight

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

Experts,

I am in a pickle and need some help/advice.

My bike -

9 year old TA 200.

recently done

-top-overhaul

-head gasket change

-add chain tensioner

-suction relay valve replaced

my riding habit

-- normal transit to/fro work/home ~ 30 kms a day. smooth with the TA 200. no issues.

-- every two weeks, i travel to KL for the weekends. this is where i need help

Last weekend, I topped up 1.5L engine oil.. Now i gather that this is too much. I read that the range should be 1.0 - 1.2L. I will follow that guide from now on. i was riding on the north-south highway at 110. Engine RPM is already high and the bike is screaming. i wanted to overtake and throttled up more. The clutch slipped :( and i had to slow down and this happened again after a while when i throttled up relatively quicker for overtaking..

slower throttle increase didnt let the clutch slip though.

my questions are as below.

1. Do you think my clutch is worn and needs replacement?

2. Or, 1.5L of engine oil topping up has anything to do with this clutch slip?

3. Also, after this trip, the gear shifting is very rough and i hear sort of metallic clunking more distinctly. Also, it takes more time for the shift to happen. Earlier, the gear shifting was smooth as knife through butter. What could be the reason for this?

I am planning to take the bike to planet and just wanted to know what could be the issues i am facing.

Also, I would like to modify my bike so that i can travel at around 130km/h in the NS highway constantly with possible lower engine RPM's. Please advise on the mod's i can do and the rough costs i will have to face.

1. one possible mod is the change of 6th gear sprocket? what are the current no. of teeth and how much can i change this to?

2. change of rear sprocket in a similar fashion? How many teeth on stock sprocket and what is the option i have?

3. Also the suspension mod- if possible.

I am relatively defensive rider and dont corner or accelerate too fast too often. My main need is the higher speed for a longer time at lower engine RPM's on the highway in malaysia.

appreciate your help! thanks!

Kalyan and Blacksun. Your input will be great! how did you guys mod the phantom?

Also, any diagnosis on the problems i am facing? is my clutch really worn out? what do you guys think? thanks!

Edited by kadir.v

When you change your engine oil, check that you do get back close to 1.5L. If not, replace the gaskets. Or if your coe is ending and you plan to scrap, perhaps can just top up after certain mileage.

Your clutch plates seems worn out. Less than $100 to replace.

I wouldnt do a teeth, sprocket mod. The balance of pick up and topspeed of a ta200 is a kickass already. Make sure that the chain roller is of good condition and use a good chain wax.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

today i went down to Planet do EO change and spark plug change. Is my spark plug really bad? I took a photo of it. The mech told me my air fuel mixture rich so the tip is black. I changed to a NGK spark plug and the same mech told me it can last 15000 km? Is that true? I also did an air filter change. Dont think it's very dirty though. Is there any way to clean it myself in the future?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4929843264_6a01c7d983_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4929249951_036306e527_b.jpg