SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

Hi all,

Today I noticed that my speedo stopped working.

The needle won't move. Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Maybe there's a simple fix?

Thanks guys

Ah chong $16 if i not wrong. I changed it there. Or maybe the cable is loose.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah chong $16 if i not wrong. I changed it there. Or maybe the cable is loose.

Thanks Okoyama, any idea where I can find the cable, see if maybe I can tighten it before running down to see a chong. It's embarrassing when he fixes a problem in like 2 seconds .... and gotta wait 5 mins just to speak to the man!

i know it sound very cliche but u can pretty much tour on any bike. its jux down to the rider. many phantom riders have reached Thailand. since its a pretty small engine, u might want to take ur time, take lots of rests and enjoy the ride. shouldn't be an issue. just need to make necessary preparations like making sure the bike is mechanically sound.

Thanks Naim

:cheeky:

so next time i go back to kl then i no need to take bus anymore:cool:

Hi all,

Today I noticed that my speedo stopped working.

The needle won't move. Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Maybe there's a simple fix?

Thanks guys

Bro, maybe its the meter gear. Like mine, cable ok but meter gear problem. If wanna change to brand new it can cost you up to $60+. Second hand can get you for $25+. But just check with your mechanic.

Bro, maybe its the meter gear. Like mine, cable ok but meter gear problem. If wanna change to brand new it can cost you up to $60+. Second hand can get you for $25+. But just check with your mechanic.

Thanks, got it fixed. Changed a new speedo cable. $19 including a new headlamp bulb :)

Now with e new rfid disc, often cars/bikes do not display their seasons disc, bikes more often.

I ve asked e aunties before and it really depends. Becoz not displaying is fineable even if u bought seasons parking. But i also dun display on my bike for 4 years? Never kanna before but i buy seasons. :)

did not see season parking coupon displayed at the bike.

For those bikes that are covered up, how do the aunties check for season parking???

i oso nv display cux mine got stolen. weird. havent made a new one yet. and never fined since then oso. so i guess wat they do if they dont see a RFID tag, they jux key in ur plate number.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Now with e new rfid disc, often cars/bikes do not display their seasons disc, bikes more often.

I ve asked e aunties before and it really depends. Becoz not displaying is fineable even if u bought seasons parking. But i also dun display on my bike for 4 years? Never kanna before but i buy seasons. :)

i oso nv display cux mine got stolen. weird. havent made a new one yet. and never fined since then oso. so i guess wat they do if they dont see a RFID tag, they jux key in ur plate number.

@naim @danielling1981 thanks! how about bikes that are covered up? will not know their number unless they take the trouble to lift up and see

Base on my knowledge of rfid technology. If ur disc is on ur bike, even covered, their scanner will e able to scan it.

In my case e auntie explained tat they will check by number plate if no disc seen. Becoz i dun cover bike thus didnt query about tat. Sry cant answer ur qn. :/

U can consider email hdb ur qn.