SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

i cant rmb if its CW or CCW, but as long as u turn it to compress the spring more, then its tightening. if cannot tighten alr, ur shocks gone liao. mine oso like dat. so i changed to new one. in fact. the new one at middle setting is stiffer than my old one at hardest setting.

stupid driver man. hope u r alright! but w/o number plates and exact time n location, might be hard for the police to investigate ah. u can give it a go and see wat the police can do la. ride safe! rmb got all of these kind of A-holes on the road, who i assume if they miss one redlight their life will end.

yah.. good thing i'm fine.. and the bike fine too..

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i cant rmb if its CW or CCW, but as long as u turn it to compress the spring more, then its tightening. if cannot tighten alr, ur shocks gone liao. mine oso like dat. so i changed to new one. in fact. the new one at middle setting is stiffer than my old one at hardest setting.

thanks naim, how much does a new shock or a 2nd hand, if there is any, cost? and where can i get it?

i got mine from LAB. YSS brand for $80 and installed myself. alot of ppl say the quality very bad and better off with original. original brand new will be ex and 2nd hand u duno d age and might be even worse than urs. but my experience so far so good. :) no complains for $80.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Phantom Knights!

I just bought my phantom a few days ago online. I had no issues with stalling when the bike is on idle. However after i went for servicing, which consisted of changing of EO, spark and air filter, the idling seemed a bit weak and i stalled once or twice when the bike is on idle.

So i'm guessing that i should increase the idling of the bike right?

If so, do i adjust the idling screw clockwise before i switch on the engine or after?

Thank you in advance! :)

• 3 weeks later...

In my bike, I feel the opposite, when I got the bike the suspension felt very hard and harsh. The slightest humps on the road and I would feel the 'thud' then I looked at the setting, it was set to 1 less than the tightest setting i.e. level 2 according to the manual. Then I went to the shop to set it to level 4 and now it is better, but still not completely satisfied. According to the manual std setting is 3 for normal weights and I ride alone and not very heavy less than 70Kgs. So is the suspension gone bad?

May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2

Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200

Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3

Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

Hi bros, the keyhole cover of the gas tank cap became loose.. so loose until during ride it can open itself and end up upside down with keyhole expose to rain water..

anyone got the same experience? is there any way to fix it?

Buy a new one. You can either buy both sets (ignition + tank cap), or just buy the tank cap. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi bros, this is a small annoyance but anyway thought I'll ask in case anyone knows... my bike when I just start engine and if I don't touch anything the engine will die by itself.. is it normal or fixable?

Most likely minor carb problem. U can bring to Ah Chong at planet and tell him about the problem. Then he'll fix it for you.

Live to Ride. Ride to Live

• 2 weeks later...

hi phantom owners

i removed the small starter motor cover on the lhs(between the lhs crankcase cover and sprocket cover with a top and bottom bolt) to take it for polishing, and since it was quite jammed even when unbolted, i removed it patiently with a penknife and a gearwheel with a smaller wheel attached to it fell off.

Can someone pls advise me the correct way to put it back in place?

thanks

Any PK-ers here have voltmeter installed on their bikes? Interested to have one to monitor my battery. Preferably one with backlight.

yup i have one. got it from an MO here. or LAB oso shud have. no nd wif backlight. the LEDs strong enuf for sunlight. not super bright in daytime, but still visible. and night tym nt too glaring. supposedly most voltmeters got an auto-brightness function. recommended on an old bike like ours la. duno wen the charging system will fail (touch wood!), unless u for sure knw it has been replaced recently.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Ehh I was on my way out just now and discovered my bike(phantom ta200) has some issue, my 5th gear has cluttering noise when I switch to, neutral to gear 4 & 6 no issue lei.

Is this gearbox chui already? I am like 3 month more to Coe renewal.. Sian.. Can I still ride it to workshop? As I am skipping from gear 4 straight to 6, skipping gear 5 as of now.

Live to ride :cheers:

Ehh I was on my way out just now and discovered my bike(phantom ta200) has some issue, my 5th gear has cluttering noise when I switch to, neutral to gear 4 & 6 no issue lei.

Is this gearbox chui already? I am like 3 month more to Coe renewal.. Sian.. Can I still ride it to workshop? As I am skipping from gear 4 straight to 6, skipping gear 5 as of now.

time to change your gear box.. if you continue to ride, may leads to failure of Engine Block too which leads to Overhaul. cause the bits and pieces of chip / damaged gears from gear 5 will damage the piston.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022