SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

check your rectifier. check your battery cable. your twin headlight drawing how much volt?

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

check your rectifier. check your battery cable. your twin headlight drawing how much volt?

Twin headlight only use 14 w each.. using normal phantom headlight. Rectifier no problem ( confirm and check by two different motor shop) . Not sure if the problem was from revtech stabilizer too. Cos the problem came soon after i install it.

After new battery install:

I have done some testing to see drainage myself.

After riding, battery volt: 13.18

Left bike overnight (12hrs): 12.55 (not sure if battery will balance itself ard this range even left for few days)

Riding : (14++)

hmm, all the meter readings seems fine.

try disconeccting revtech and see if it is better.

I already took out revtech since problem came. This morning i check, volt still ok ard 13.18, evening when i ride home, check again, voltage only 11.5, engine start ( weak to start but still somehow manage to start), also ard 11.5.... err...... It seem like sometimes it manage to charge, and sometimes it fail....

when u replace ur coil, u got see it physically? whether its burnt? cux actually, magnetic coil shud last REALLY REALLY long. but usually it might get burnt wen its shorted out (bad installation or maybe non-original parts). cux if u read up abt magnetic coils, u can see that it is a very simple device n nothing much can go wrong wif it.

assuming ur coil is actually okay, i got a feeling its either ur rectifier or battery. that's why the golden rule is: replace the whole set. once there is a prob wif the coil, i'd rather replace everyting else like the rectifier n battery. this will ensure no old issues can interfere wif the operation n no headaches like u r hving nw...

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Just wondering.. could it be due to the main wire rusty? Is it possible actually the parts no problem but its the wire connecting to the battery that is faulty? My bike's main wire also rusty i'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it wouldn't cause any problem one day... that said, does anyone know if there's any place that can replace the wire for peace of mind?

which main wire u referring to? the red wire to ur positive side of the battery? actually rust shud be just the connector. wat we are concerned abt is the internal wiring. if its corroded, it can increase resistance n therefore reduce ur charging voltage. in worse cases, it cud corrode badly n eventually break...

i tink to replace, u must replace the whole harness ah. cux the cable is usually part of a big bunch of cables. or u cud bypass the wire with a new one, but nt sure is it safe to do so. dun tink bike shop dare to do that oso.

i got problem.

my right side mirror is loose. the area around the joints there. anyone knows how to tighten? its the one right on the joints not on the lower part. tried twisitng the mirror and the metal covering the joints clock and counter clockwise also no use.

limps around when riding at high speed like my unerect d1ck.

when u replace ur coil, u got see it physically? whether its burnt? cux actually, magnetic coil shud last REALLY REALLY long. but usually it might get burnt wen its shorted out (bad installation or maybe non-original parts). cux if u read up abt magnetic coils, u can see that it is a very simple device n nothing much can go wrong wif it.

assuming ur coil is actually okay, i got a feeling its either ur rectifier or battery. that's why the golden rule is: replace the whole set. once there is a prob wif the coil, i'd rather replace everyting else like the rectifier n battery. this will ensure no old issues can interfere wif the operation n no headaches like u r hving nw...

Went to the same shop to inspect, the problem was one of the wire which got burn out. Maybe my coil that time did not spoil at all, but was the wire after all. Now i will just keep on monitor it for 1 week to see how things goes.

i got problem.

my right side mirror is loose. the area around the joints there. anyone knows how to tighten? its the one right on the joints not on the lower part. tried twisitng the mirror and the metal covering the joints clock and counter clockwise also no use.

limps around when riding at high speed like my unerect d1ck.

I don't know if it can be tightened but what I'd do is to apply thread locker to it. A good brand is called Loctite

http://www.loctite.sg/cps/rde/xchg/henkel_sea/hs.xsl/Loctite-Malaysia-Indonesia-Singapore.htm

You can walk around Kelantan (area around LAB) to hunt for it. I'm not sure of the exact shop but many shops should have it.

But since that involves buying things already, why not just get a new pair?

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/344585-Flame-Mirrors-%28for-cruisers%29-amp-Honda-Stock-Mirrors

LAB sells for around $12-15. Mine cheaper. Condition almost brand new. :cool:

Live to Ride. Ride to Live

which main wire u referring to? the red wire to ur positive side of the battery? actually rust shud be just the connector. wat we are concerned abt is the internal wiring. if its corroded, it can increase resistance n therefore reduce ur charging voltage. in worse cases, it cud corrode badly n eventually break...

i tink to replace, u must replace the whole harness ah. cux the cable is usually part of a big bunch of cables. or u cud bypass the wire with a new one, but nt sure is it safe to do so. dun tink bike shop dare to do that oso.

Yah, its just the connector part that I can see... but how to check the hidden parts? :s By the way the corroded side on mine is the negative side.. is it better than if its at the positive? Also, as a preventive measure would it be a good idea to drip some solder go into the strands to help it conduct better?

Yah, its just the connector part that I can see... but how to check the hidden parts? :s By the way the corroded side on mine is the negative side.. is it better than if its at the positive? Also, as a preventive measure would it be a good idea to drip some solder go into the strands to help it conduct better?

solder i tink no difference cux its the internal wiring that we are concerned as i've mentioned. i tink for nw, u jux take care of the connector lar. take wire brush/sandpaper n remove the rust n corrosion. then apply grease then screw it back to the battery. will prevent further corrosion n sulphate build-up...

solder i tink no difference cux its the internal wiring that we are concerned as i've mentioned. i tink for nw, u jux take care of the connector lar. take wire brush/sandpaper n remove the rust n corrosion. then apply grease then screw it back to the battery. will prevent further corrosion n sulphate build-up...

thanks bro, but the connecter part and the twisted wire that is connecting to the connector also corroded leh.. cos that part wire rubber never cover the wires fully until the ending.. :s

hi guys,

My phantom is vibrating like mad when i wanna pick up from traffic light and when i wanna go over 80km/h. However, if there's pillion, the bike will go as per normal, still a little vibrate but not as much as when i'm riding without pillion. What may be the possible reason? Is it because of the bearings, or the exhaust, or chain, or some other things?

hey guys, just now got a car knock my side box and sped off. Should I report to police as hit and run no injury?

I was at woodlands ave 12, just came out of express way. I was in second lane. I changed to first lane cos' got lorry. Then after a while, i was high-beamed. So I checked mirror, got a car tailgate closely. I checked my speedo, my speed ard 80 km/h. Then the first traffic light turn yellow, I don't think i can make it, so i braked, the car suddenly crashed into my side, knocked into second lane! Good thing I wasn't like directly in the middle and there wasn't any vehicle. The car just sped off, and i think beat the red light as well. That side has a camera if I'm not wrong. I din manage to catch the carplate no. No damage to the bike, just scratches on my side box.

So what do you guys think?

I've tighten the rear suspension to the maximum. Tightening is going clockwise right?

i cant rmb if its CW or CCW, but as long as u turn it to compress the spring more, then its tightening. if cannot tighten alr, ur shocks gone liao. mine oso like dat. so i changed to new one. in fact. the new one at middle setting is stiffer than my old one at hardest setting.

hey guys, just now got a car knock my side box and sped off. Should I report to police as hit and run no injury?

I was at woodlands ave 12, just came out of express way. I was in second lane. I changed to first lane cos' got lorry. Then after a while, i was high-beamed. So I checked mirror, got a car tailgate closely. I checked my speedo, my speed ard 80 km/h. Then the first traffic light turn yellow, I don't think i can make it, so i braked, the car suddenly crashed into my side, knocked into second lane! Good thing I wasn't like directly in the middle and there wasn't any vehicle. The car just sped off, and i think beat the red light as well. That side has a camera if I'm not wrong. I din manage to catch the carplate no. No damage to the bike, just scratches on my side box.

So what do you guys think?

stupid driver man. hope u r alright! but w/o number plates and exact time n location, might be hard for the police to investigate ah. u can give it a go and see wat the police can do la. ride safe! rmb got all of these kind of A-holes on the road, who i assume if they miss one redlight their life will end.