SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

the manual mentioned its not designed to carry helmet during vehicular movement. even so I wouldn't do that cos the strap securing to the helmet is just a rivet. I wouldn't want to spoil out something that is gonna save my brain .

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

• 3 months later...

if you are going to buy you have to prepare for repair costs. how much is he asking? would suggest you and the owner go to a reputable mechanic for assessment if he agrees to see how much you will need to pay for after an initial check.

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Iu replacement 150++, speedo cable 14++ but if its the speedo itself then also 100+. Engine stall so many reasons. But if its because you need an overhaul, then repair cost will go over 1k.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Add on to the repair costs it might be close to the current coe price. but seriously unless u have spare cash and time to keep running to the workshop for repairs if this bike is a lemon to be dealt with. On top of the repair costs Matthias mentioned u have to consider replacement of consumables like tyres as well. best way to find out is to send it for assessment.

Overhaul top end at least 400sgd. Bottom end 600sgd. Tyres if worn 160sgd at least . Change Eo +brake pad spark plug +air filter also around 45-50sgd. Second hand parts is one thing but problems might be hidden and not just dealt with by simply replacement. You need to have spare cash in reserve when getting a bike with unknown health.

Jp

you are the buyer leh. i think you can get him to agree on certain level on which bike shop to go. Seller should have nothing to hide anyway if he is not selling a nasty machine for a beginner to kio sai after. buyer always got right to walk away after all your putting your life on this machine.

Aiya. He says the bike insurance stopped oredi as he had transferred it to his other bike, so can't ride it around.

Den how he going to transfer to u at lta? When he transferred insurance anyway?

I'm on reservist otherwise too bad can help u see. engine problems and other stuff also need experience. there alot of check lists online so you can check that as well. As for engine wise ta200 known to eat engine oil because of the piston rings so you might not spot that easily. good luck on getting someone to help u!

of cos he alarmed la! no one wants their engine to eat eo so much! it's a common problem but not all ta200 will eat eo so much. maybe u can ask him how often he changes eo and how often he checks to see how much worship the bike receives lol

If his coe is 2023, then the coe alone worths about 1800 and hence he is asking for 800 for his machine price. Hearing the state of his bike through you, 800 seemed like a lot to pay for one bike in such a condition. There might be other bikes in better condition albeit a more expensive coe. But repair cost s might stack up eventually. Personally, I won't pay more than 500 (not including the coe price) to get a bike in the condition you just describe.

If his coe is 2023, then the coe alone worths about 1800 and hence he is asking for 800 for his machine price. Hearing the state of his bike through you, 800 seemed like a lot to pay for one bike in such a condition. There might be other bikes in better condition albeit a more expensive coe. But repair cost s might stack up eventually. Personally, I won't pay more than 500 (not including the coe price) to get a bike in the condition you just describe.

I have to agree on the repair costs part. While we cannot be completely sure on the bike condition actually, but can guess he doesn't take care so meticulously as he doesn't DIY. As for the price, he could be just trying to make money out of it.

Hahaha...that's a good one.

I did ask n he said something like every month!!! He like a bit blur. Then I said "what?!". Then he said every 2k. But the speedometer spoilt what. Then I thought maybe he just dump in the oil. So I ask how to change the oil, then he said he doesn't know really know n have to open top so he ask shop to do it.

tells u what u need to know about his maintenance regime... if your even more curious.. Ask him about all his regular maintenance intervals and parts replacement history.. He should be able to tell u cleanly.

The repair costs can be quite startling for a terribly abused ta200. If the fork seals are leaking, you are talking about 65 to 90 dollars. But if the forks are rusty, you will need new forks and they are at least 200+ from a scrapyard.

Exhaust pipes may be punctured due to accident and rusts. If his tank is dented it could mean that he either dropped his bike or it was involved in an accident. A new exhaust is 380, a second hand one costs 100+ from the yard.