SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As per title.. What carburetor model does the ta150 and ta200 use? Cant seem to find the info in this group.. Also cant find the info online, hopefully this thread will be useful for those who need to know the carb model..

I should not be vulgar.

License

Class 2B: 30th Dec 10

Class 2A: 29th Aug 12

Class 2: 5th Feb 14

Cfm h6m. If led might be brighter but may not have the distance throw because its not a thermionic source. Its a trade off.

Have to agree with Sawfly on this. My LED foglights are super bright (6500k lumens) but they lack the throw distance. Can't illuminate as far as my headlight.

Hi,

I have a bike, but haven't passed my TP, yet. More difficult than I thought, so I have been stocking up on tools to repair my bike. The first thing I am looking to do is to change out the sprockets, chain, CCT, and replace the brake pads. I own the service manual (and the necessary tools) and want to know if anyone would care to join me/help with the repairs. I have done repairs to cars and have helped friends with their dirt bikes, but it's new territory doing a bike alone. If you have the time and a bit more experience, I would definitely appreciate the company. PM if you have time on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Cheers!

Looks like another opportunity of getting the service manual gone MIA...again

7/8

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Thank you matthias76...btw was wondering the type of crash bar dat u are currently using, can I rest my feet at the rubbery parts during long ride?

Will the crash bar be strong enuf to support our feet's weight?

Yes. If your legs are that long. Some would install a highway peg on the crashbar for this purpose as well. I am using an anchor shape crashbar.

Thanks matthias76...you are always so helpful. Just worried that the crash bar mounting will give way over a period of time.

• 2 weeks later...

20150115_140957.jpg

A bigger bar is ok. 7/8 clamps can work for 1 inch bars. 1 inch clamps for 7/8 bars you will need spacers.

Hi Matthias...besides the bar clamp, can all the other things on the current handle bar fit the 1" bar?

Please see picture for my explanation...Thanks

I would suggest getting a 7/8 bar unless you can't find the exact style you want. Most ape hangers/ straight bars also has 7/8 versions. In the long run, even if you have to change risers which are meant for 1", its easier to use spacers for 1" risers coupled with 7/8 bars then to have all your other fittings presenting a gap which will compromise waterproofing. Unless of course you intended to change the level controls, front brake reservoir, clutch perch, grips all to 1" versions. Gives me a headache just thinking of it.

I would suggest getting a 7/8 bar unless you can't find the exact style you want. Most ape hangers/ straight bars also has 7/8 versions. In the long run, even if you have to change risers which are meant for 1", its easier to use spacers for 1" risers coupled with 7/8 bars then to have all your other fittings presenting a gap which will compromise waterproofing. Unless of course you intended to change the level controls, front brake reservoir, clutch perch, grips all to 1" versions. Gives me a headache just thinking of it.

Hahaha...I got headache too...dat's why decided to get opinion from u..btw i was thinking of changing to a matt black "tracker" bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there fellow PKs!

Glad to say I got myself a TA150 along with another friend of mine!

Enjoying the ride for now but I've got a few problems and would like to learn from the old birds here..

1.) Changed my battery today, because of my horn working intermittently.

By intermittently I mean when I just kick start my engine, I am able to press my horn and it responds normally.

However, once I get on the expressway and start riding for a while, the horn just disappears and refuses to sound when I press it.

It's quite scary for me as I'm new to riding so I'm looking to get it fixed.

2.) Kill-switch just does not respond. I was told by Planet mechanic to heck care it cos supposedly the phantom is gonna be scrapped everywhere soon according to him haha..

Taking it with a pinch of salt but according to bros here, is this important?

Thanks in advance for your replies and have a nice day!

OLD BIKES..CHECK for shorts or open circuits...especiall at joints/connectors/splices..as they migh come off or short circuited..

just forget the kill switch..not important at all..unless your bike has difficulty in changing gears when stopped at thr end of ride..

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

Hi there fellow PKs!

Glad to say I got myself a TA150 along with another friend of mine!

Enjoying the ride for now but I've got a few problems and would like to learn from the old birds here..

1.) Changed my battery today, because of my horn working intermittently.

By intermittently I mean when I just kick start my engine, I am able to press my horn and it responds normally.

However, once I get on the expressway and start riding for a while, the horn just disappears and refuses to sound when I press it.

It's quite scary for me as I'm new to riding so I'm looking to get it fixed.

2.) Kill-switch just does not respond. I was told by Planet mechanic to heck care it cos supposedly the phantom is gonna be scrapped everywhere soon according to him haha..

Taking it with a pinch of salt but according to bros here, is this important?

Thanks in advance for your replies and have a nice day!

1. Horn working inte4rmittently could be a few issues

a. Poor grounding contact

b. worn contacts on horn switch

c. degraded horn (if original horn, check for corrosion on shell, if snail horn check whether horn is cracked)

2. Kill switch isn't a must, but who wouldn't want everything to be working on their ride? Sometimes its just a loose wire on the switch or to the crankcase which leads to the ignition coil. Isn't a must to fix, I must stress.

3. Now on the topic of phantoms scrapping, I know of a few which just recently renewed their COE, and in wonderful conditions. Can't really agree or disagree, but its really up to the rider. You probably can't find any more 2B cruisers (200cc) as comfortable as a phantom. But if you are not going to stop at 2b, of course there would be others for consideration. But if you are like me (2b is enough), then phantom is probably your best bet for a long time.

What do lta need for scrapping? The frame n engine block with serial? Can we chop the frame n engine up n send basically the section with serial number or has it got to a whole? Looking to buy a scrap bike for parts.

Scrapping is an administrative process. LTA does not need any of the part back per se. The centre authorised for scrapping is to ensure that the vehicle is "scrapped".

Having said so, the centres that you go to usually would want to retain the parts for profit, either as scrapped metal or recycle parts or even exporting the usable vehicle out. If you want parts, its probably easier to know what you want rather than buying the entire bike (less frame and engine).

Ah Ann has a stockade of phantoms. Whether you will find the parts you want (in the condition you will accept) is the real issue.