SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

heard ppl email to appeal. U would need a good reason why u were confused enough to be in the lane first place though

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*Update*

I decided to proceed with a Top Overhaul.

A list of items changed/tuned:

1. Piston

2. Pison Link

3. Cam Chain Tensioner

4. Timing Chain

5. Clutch Plate

6. Gasket

7. Gasket Valve

8. Rejet/Wash Carburetor

9. Front/Rear Sprocket

10. Chain

Was quoted quite a decent price. Bo bian have to proceed :(

How much if I may ask and at where?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

How much if I may ask and at where?

Total I bargained down to $600. The bike shop is: Bike Image Motor Trading

If you're going there, probably can tell the guy is the small boy with the White Phantom recommend :D

Factor in the cost of cam chain tensioner at 65, sprocket chain set at 140, carb washing at 45 your top overhaul if includes the usual package is cheap.

Factor in the cost of cam chain tensioner at 65, sprocket chain set at 140, carb washing at 45 your top overhaul if includes the usual package is cheap.

Yeah. The previous owner of my bike, who's more experienced and knowledgeable than me, told me that it was pretty cheap too.

Sorry guys, it's a maintenance free battery, cause previously my phantom have this problem after I installed the new iu, thus the uncle at LeeHuat told me was maintenance free, means something like self maintaining .. so I just use what they say !! Sorry for misunderstanding

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Maintenance free battery means that due to the way it is constructed, water is not lost during the process of charging and discharging. This means that you do not have to add battery water on a periodic basis.

I know that a lot of us do not ride our bikes regularly and there is a risk of the battery discharging due to the IU. There have been advices of disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery to prevent that happening, but there will be hassle of taking out the seats and screwing it back. Has anyone installed a switch to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery when knowing that you are not going to ride the bike for the next few days ? I wonder if this is feasible.

• 3 weeks later...

Its time for inspection. My rear licence plate has a scratched into half digit 7. My mechanic mentioned to me before it might cause problems with the authorities... Anyone know if its true?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Been reading the threads and searching but can't seems to find what does overhaul of the bike does. What is being repaired and such... Saw theres a top overhaul... what else are there?

Thank you~

in summary, overhaul indicates the disassembly of engine components to do cleaning and replacement of any worn parts.

- got 2 types, top end and bottom end.

- top end includes disassembly of the cylinder and piston side, usually the pistons are cleaned or replaced, the surface of cylinder rebored, and piston rings replaced if necessary. if cam chain worn the chains are replaced. this may or may not include cam chain tensioner replacement. not sure if it includes work on the valves as well.

- bottom end would include disassembly of the crankcase, servicing of the transmission and the connecting rod etc. this one im not completely sure because nvr do before.

you may refer to this 2 sets of youtube links for a reference on what is done:

Motorcycle Top End Rebuild for Four-Stroke (Part 1 of 2)

Motorcycle Top End Rebuild for Four-Stroke (Part 2 of 2)

Motorcycle bottom end rebuild part 1 (of 3) crank & bearings

(this is for 2 stroke but quite similar to TA200)

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Ah thanks. I guess I got to get them changed then. Are there like different qualities of number plates out there?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cheapest $6 sticker type. Most expensive I tried was a $45 with metal numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

are u referring to the radiator like thing on ta150 Phantom? Their engine is different that's why.. That is if u referring to that..