SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi all, i heard that fish tails are very common in phantom. Is it still new rider friendly? Any advice to minimize fish tailing?

Thanks

The phantom is indeed newbie friendly :thumb: - at least mine is (Have not ridden other phantoms so can't say for sure)

Just got my 2b few months ago. Fishtails were a main concern before I bought my phantom too but finally took the plunge and bought one. It's a 1994 model.

I ride it everyday to and from work and almost everywhere - never encountered any fishtailing

I think it could be due to the rider's riding style. Some phantom owners I spoke to never encountered but apparently some phantom riders on this forum do.

I think it could be due to the fact that I don't ride fast and always observe the speed limits. In rain, I keep my speeds to about 50-60km/h. These could be the reasons why I don't experience fishtails.

Anyway, go ahead get one. You won't be disappointed.

Edited by gpang788

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i recently got a phantom ta200 abt in January. Have been riding every day. Need some help in terms of maintenance. So far have only changed engine oil quite a few times, spark plug, air filter and battery(the last 3 only when something fked up). So I need to know what other things do i need to look out for. Don't want to end up stuck on the road when something spoils.

Check tires and brakes pad... Clutch cables.

Let's just ride....

what about the chain? need to do any maintenance for it? online say need to lube every 500km?? so far i think i go for 7000+km alr still nvr do anything. scared that the chain will break or sth

• 2 months later...

I've seen some Chinese clones of the TA200, but can't remember what they are called. I do remember some of the stuff on them was kind of cheap looking. As to footboards, Chaing Rai Saddlebags in Chaing Rai Thailand has footboards that fit the Phantom. I installed a set on a friends bike and have a set coming in for my Monster-Phantom build. They take a little fitting, but are really great once you get them on. They also have crash bars and other parts for the Phantom (go to their web site.) They are great to buy from, take paypal and will ship EMS. ([email protected])

Also for OEM Phantom parts, I have gotten a bunch of OEM Phantom parts(almost the whole bike) from Yos at Faddybike in Bangkok. ([email protected].) Yos/Faddybike are great. He takes paypal and ships registered mail with a tracking number. You tell Yos kind of what you want, he emails a diagram with numbers and you pick out your parts. As with CRsaddlebags, you order, paypal the money, they get the parts and package, get the price for shipping, you pay the shipping with paypal and when they have all the parts they ship with a tracking number. I really recommend CRSaddlebags and Faddybike.

I did a search and I believe you are looking for parts from around a 2004 Daelim Daystar VL125. I believe its made in Korea. The one I saw was pretty beat and a lot of things looked kind of cheap

Koreanbikeparts on the internet seems to have a lot of parts (footboards) for the Daelim Daystar and GV250, among other bikes. They also have a nice looking windshield and say that they will ship anywhere. A lot of the parts for the Dailim 125 Daystar (2004) looking like they will fit a Phantom.

As in Singapore, here in Cambodia its very hot. A % of the cooling of your bike is the oil. I use 20-50w synthetic, but a good 20-50w for motorcycles will do the same. Idle stall could be many things. Idle not high enough, dirty carb/filters, old sparkplug, tired engine, etc. I'd start with a new sparkplug, replacing the inline fuel filter (if none, put one on), clean the bowl on the bottom of the fuel petcock, with every fuel fill put a little carb/injector cleaner in the fuel.

Hard to get into gear? If its got a lot of miles, the shift linkage gets loose, and/or the gears/internal shifter/gears are worn. (Phantoms are nearly bullet-proof and seem to run almost forever, they only have a couple weak spots like the cam chain tensioner and plastic head light reflector.)

I can't get it here and I don't know about Singapore, but when I lived in America and had a car/motorcycle with sticky shifting I would use 20-50w 'RedLine" brand oil. In oils there is a package of additives for each application (diesel, petrol, motorcycle.) Redline brand oil always made the vehicle shift like butter.

BTW/ Your engine and trans use the same oil together. (one quart.)

• 3 weeks later...

If you are riding ta150 (2 stroke) it is normal. If riding ta200 (4 stroke) your engine is not working well. Check engine oil level on dipstick. Top up if necessary. If still smoking then ur engine is due for overhaul.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey folks, sorry if this is a repeat question but I searched and I can't find the answer.

I'm looking for part numbers,equivalency numbers for some bulbs on the Phantom TA-200: Headlight, taillight and turn indicators. I'm hoping to upgrade the old bulbs to LED but I can't figure out the part numbers to order. The PDF of the owners manual I have shows wattages but no part numbers.

Any help? Thanks!