SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Boxes, Panniers & Saddlebags

Kevs

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a pair of brackets for the side panniers stainless steel ones.

Any takers?

I'm interested. Whats the colour?

2B - 29 December 2010, one time pass

2A - On going...

4 May 2011 to August 2011 - Honda NSR150SP

21 July 2012 - Honda Phantom TA200

http://thrumylensontwowheels.blogspot.sg/

Nikon D5000 | AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6G VR | Vitacon 67mm UV Filter | Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash | Yongnuo Speedlight YN560

I got a pair of brackets for the side panniers stainless steel ones.

Any takers?

I'm interested. Whats the colour?

2B - 29 December 2010, one time pass

2A - On going...

4 May 2011 to August 2011 - Honda NSR150SP

21 July 2012 - Honda Phantom TA200

http://thrumylensontwowheels.blogspot.sg/

Nikon D5000 | AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6G VR | Vitacon 67mm UV Filter | Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash | Yongnuo Speedlight YN560

Anyone knows where to get givi products? im actually looking for a rack for my ta200, looking for something sturdy and reliable, that won't slowly bend lower and lower over time.. I see some phantoms on the road rack bend until leaning on signal lights already, go over hump whole box bounce like gonna drop off anytime

Anyone knows where to get givi products? im actually looking for a rack for my ta200, looking for something sturdy and reliable, that won't slowly bend lower and lower over time.. I see some phantoms on the road rack bend until leaning on signal lights already, go over hump whole box bounce like gonna drop off anytime

i made mine at a stainless steel workshop. its sturdy as a rock!

The normal racks are good enough and sturdy,

There are 2 types of racks

1) The pipe metal type rack that goes along the side chrome panels and then goes below the signal lamps and then agains comes up. I think this is givi or kappa.

2) The other one can be found at Ah Boy, it is is the flat metal that connects to the chrome panel screws and then go up. This one looks a bit cheapo.

But I think both are good and sturdy. The ones that you see on the road with shaky box is because the place where the baseplate connects to the rack the semicircular adjustable hinge, the screw might be loose and hence the box leans down. It might also be because the base plate is plastic or the box is china brand.

But if you take the normal rack and good baseplate and box it shouldnt have an issue.

Anyone know what products to use to restore the colour of my black komine saddlebags?

Azmil Sempit

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

The normal racks are good enough and sturdy,

There are 2 types of racks

1) The pipe metal type rack that goes along the side chrome panels and then goes below the signal lamps and then agains comes up. I think this is givi or kappa.

2) The other one can be found at Ah Boy, it is is the flat metal that connects to the chrome panel screws and then go up. This one looks a bit cheapo.

But I think both are good and sturdy. The ones that you see on the road with shaky box is because the place where the baseplate connects to the rack the semicircular adjustable hinge, the screw might be loose and hence the box leans down. It might also be because the base plate is plastic or the box is china brand.

But if you take the normal rack and good baseplate and box it shouldnt have an issue.

Hmm i only just got my phantom, and the prev owner was kind enough to give the bike with box + rack on, its the more common one that just goes above signal lights and up, but can see "angle" part got abit of bending + rusting (the black paint surface has cracked off, hence exposed to rusting) already.. I've seen a few bikes with GIVI monorack that looks much more sturdy, the angle of the rack not so far back (so less angle for weight to bend) and its like roundish tubular (so maybe stronger than single flat piece of metal).. Or maybe its just me being paranoid haha! :p

• 2 months later...
Looking for an old school Givi E45 box

willing to pay for a good condition one

sms 9112432-seven

http://www.adventuremotorcyclegear.com/images/E45A.bmp

Clever to search. They're one of the most practical of designs. No frills, stands upright. reliable plastics and hinges, ... time tested. Even the E36 can fit in 2 full face helmets on their sides.

It'll look great on a CB750 euro spec / CB 1000 naked bike!

Why rush? It's the journey, not the destination ... :shades:

Moto Guzzi Breva v1100ie '07

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Kawasaki GpZ900 Ninja '89

Honda CB 750 FII '97

BMW R100G/S Paris Dakar Classic '95

Honda CB 250 RS '88

anyone knows who owns a black TA150 (very fast pickup) with really nice top case and side panniers? I saw one riding along Science Park 2 one afternoon. Do PM me if the owner or someone who knows this owner see this msg.

2014-2014: Vespa PX200E

2011-present: Honda TA200

2007-2011: Yamaha RXK135

any 1 know hw much it cos to fix a hepco n beaker side box the black wan with rack??

pm me. [email protected]

thks

go to mtechlink to ask for a quote. it's located at paya ubi, same building as global motors...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

• 2 months later...

Hello fellow knights... Anyone know who carries white GIVI E55? Or does it not exist.... I saw a white GIVI on an aprilla scrabeo... Looks really nice comparing to the usual black ones...

Hello fellow knights... Anyone know who carries white GIVI E55? Or does it not exist.... I saw a white GIVI on an aprilla scrabeo... Looks really nice comparing to the usual black ones...

Givi @ Mah.

If the whole box is white, chances are its either painted or, decaled.

Because it only has the top lid cover that is interchangable, BUT, it does not have white colour.

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Givi @ Mah.

If the whole box is white, chances are its either painted or, decaled.

Because it only has the top lid cover that is interchangable, BUT, it does not have white colour.

Bro, the MAH u mention is the one at serangoon road? Do they provide installation and all? Never been there before... Hahaa.., thanks for the info.

Bro, the MAH u mention is the one at serangoon road? Do they provide installation and all? Never been there before... Hahaa.., thanks for the info.

Yes, the big Mah.

Yes they provide installation but be prepare for the charging price and time.

You can try your luck @ LAB for price comparison(if they hv stock) before deciding.

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Yes, the big Mah.

Yes they provide installation but be prepare for the charging price and time.

You can try your luck @ LAB for price comparison(if they hv stock) before deciding.

Alright bro,

Will drop by their place and check out the stock :) Was also looking at Coo boxes... but they are pretty costly... Not sure whether its worth the investment.

Thanks for the tips.

Hi I need help in searching for this kind of top box and side box

box.jpg

Found this photo on the net.

Also found a youtube video which might be using the same top box.

Hope someone can help me out with the price and shop's location. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just to share that I had gone to 3 shops in Bangkok but I didnt find the box I was looking on my earlier post. Anyone knows where I can find it? But let's say if you are looking for bike parts. These shops do have some cruiser stuffs. Hope the google map image and location I screen cap helps :)

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii442/w3iqiang/bike/Thailandbikepartsshop_zps3c54afc3.jpg:original

Edited by weiqiang