SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Tires on your Phantom

ahcaibiker

What tire you loved best on your phantom's rim?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What tire you loved best on your phantom's rim?

• Metzeler
    • Pirelli
    • Bridgestone
    • Dunlop
    • IRC

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diff! I can sit you down and give you hours of detail on the characteristics of a Metz down to detailed grip vs angle, speed, torque and G forces :p

Pirelli erm, no idea, ask ckoonyin :D

eh.......i am not so technical leh

so far no problems with Pirelli for me....:cheeky:

done mine @ Unique who usually has promo for tyres

if u got Diner's Card, they can do interest free installment for you too! :)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/ckoonyin/ThenandNowver2a.jpg

just changed Metz rear at planet today , $90.

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Metzeler after 11,000km -

No issues to report, other than good things. I haven't had to pump air into them since March, the tread is barely worn (even in the centre) and the back tyre isn't the grippiest but it's very tolerant to wheelspin (ie, it will warn you with slight wobbling but won't ever dump you off).

For the last few local outings I've been overrunning humps at up to 70kph without braking (use some motorcross skill there :p) and tyres are fine.

I realise after taking out my box my tire's grip on wet or dry for my pirelli city demon is doing very good. But the other problem is my sit. Its too hard. I went to try other bikes like the shadow 400 and other bikes their sits are much softer. Any place to change them other then near ahboy shop there?

Eugene's is the best place from what I've heard, both price and service wise. It is indeed the one "near LAB". You can literally complain to him what sort of pillow you like to sit on and he'll make it for you.

You need more cushions I guess :3

For comparison mine is like, rock hard but somehow shaped perfectly for support = 8 hours spent on bike and still fighting fit lmao.

mine seat added lots of cusion in there.. making my ride very comfortable and shoik...

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• 1 month later...

Markopolo you actually just have to take the air pump nozzle, the female side which is the side with an enclave and a small pointed pin in the middle, and press it into the tyre nozzle. You must press quite hard because air is released when you press the pin of the tyre but as you press harder, air will be pumped in.

abit hard to explain, but in 3 sentences, set pressure, press firmly into tyre nozzle, if air releases you're using wrong side of nozzle try changing side =)

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

Ermmm actually the air loss is quite negliable, so basically you just pump if at petrol kiosk, you just wait for the final beep, then just pull out, a bit of air will follow but its okay. just make sure when you pull out do it quickly and swiftly, then remember to put back the nozzle cap =)

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

Manufacturer recommended pressure is 200.

Compare to your tyre sidewall pressure. Your tyre may be able to support a greater pressure up to +10% of the sidewall 'maximum'. At the low speeds we travel there is no risk of blowouts but as a safety precaution do not super-over-inflate or the centre tread wears out really fast.

Overinflating for reduced rolling resistance means better fuel economy but you lose traction in the wet and (gasp) offroad on soft surfaces.

Personally I keep them overinflated, I'm used to the wet weather handling with the back end threatening to play Tokyo Drift.

You can also play with tyre pressures to induce a feeling like oversteer or understeer depending on which tyre has more pressure than the other.

• 5 weeks later...

i also pump somewhere there, i pump 220 front and back... but do check your air pressure weekly especially if you ride daily long distance, you would be surprised at how much air might be running, ideally check every week or fortnight at least

i also pump somewhere there, i pump 220 front and back... but do check your air pressure weekly especially if you ride daily long distance, you would be surprised at how much air might be running, ideally check every week or fortnight at least

I was quite okay not touching the tyres for over 5 months...

Until a week of house moving using the bike and you won't want to know what the tyre pressure was after that.

80 front

130 rear

Felt like riding on 2 giant plush pillows and the feeling is 'falling over' or understeering in corners lol!

Suffice to say I pumped them back up real quick! Left them at standard 200 to get more traction in the wet.

• 3 weeks later...

btw if u guys hv trouble pumping air into the rear tyre due to the rim, order a 90-degree tyre valve extension adaptor from ebay.. less than $10 wif shipping.. helps a lot!

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

• 1 month later...