SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Small bike on PG

rhema83

Is riding a small bike (eg. 125cc, 150cc) on PG track very "ridiculous" and makes you a &q  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Is riding a small bike (eg. 125cc, 150cc) on PG track very "ridiculous" and makes you a &q

• YES, you racer-wannabe! Go get yourself a 600cc first!
    • NO, nothing wrong what...
    • I DON'T KNOW, what is track?

Originally posted by Raptor@Dec 31 2005, 08:13 PM

Allow me to sidetrack a bit on this track issue, please.

We need to see more 2B riders on PG track. It is better to learn how to ride fast and know the limits of your own personal riding capability there, than on the public roads of Singapore.

Takes too long to get that licence and it ain't worth it just to lose it overnight due to dangerous riding and/or speeding, worst still is losing your life along with it.

Racing with others on Singapore streets does not prove that you are a legend, fierce or brave.... it only proves that you are totally inconsiderate of other road users and a complete legendary bloody idiot.

Want to show others you are a superfast rider and a Rossi protege?? Bring it to the track where such acts belong.

Amen Brother...

On the track.. the most is broken bones/bike/egos... you'll live to ride/play another day

Raptor... maybe you could get some moderators here to consider taking excerpts from this thread to make it into a "sticky" so that this advise doesn't get lost in the numerous posts here.

Too many wasted lives on the roads.....

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by jinhanz@Jan 1 2006, 03:57 AM

juz want to ask what should we practise when we juz start out at the track?i mean what should we learn?

go slow and progress at your own pace.

Go slow especially on the fisrt couple of laps... so you can see the track considtion before you blast it.

Go on a weekday or on days when not too many people are there... so you can focus on your own riding

anyone can intro good tires for 2bbikes.... i currently using b39SS... its considered a race type tire... but .. is there anything better... lighter perhaps.. thanks...

Life is not the amount of breath u take, but the moments that take ur breath away.

It is not how hard you fall, its how fast you get up.

nsr150 : december 2004 - 16th March 07

S4 Vtec1 : March 2007 - March 2008

cbr1000rr '04 : March 2008 - June 2011

wave125 '03 : July 2009 - ????

Originally posted by NightPhantom@Jan 1 2006, 11:01 PM

anyone can intro good tires for 2bbikes.... i currently using b39SS... its considered a race type tire... but .. is there anything better... lighter perhaps.. thanks...

use dunlop slicks and tyre warmers.............good

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

Originally posted by ambasnakeman@Jan 2 2006, 01:38 AM

what are dunlop slicks? expensive? tire warmer i think no need ba.. no need to be so serious.... hahahaha

i oni tot of 2 "mods" for mine bike... tires and rebuilding mine front fork and rear shocks... hopefully can get a better feel of the bike...

tehy say e fork must rebuilt once a year or something... i tink mine previous owner never do anything loh... 5year old bike alreadi... its abt time! hahaha!

Life is not the amount of breath u take, but the moments that take ur breath away.

Originally posted by NightPhantom@Jan 2 2006, 01:44 AM

what are dunlop slicks? expensive? tire warmer i think no need ba.. no need to be so serious.... hahahaha

i oni tot of 2 "mods" for mine bike... tires and rebuilding mine front fork and rear shocks... hopefully can get a better feel of the bike...

tehy say e fork must rebuilt once a year or something... i tink mine previous owner never do anything loh... 5year old bike alreadi... its abt time! hahaha!

Slicks, brudder. Racing slicks. Tyres w/ no threads. :p

Our road-going suspensions and flexy un-reinforced frames could never make use of such tyres effectively enough.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

for average riders like us.. we will be better off with road tires.. or at most.. d.o.t race tires...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/91/34/5624319/8953410528433l.jpg

Feel the Fear And Do It Anyway is very strong in almost every case. Courage is not the absence of fear.

Originally posted by DeusExMachina@Jan 2 2006, 03:47 AM

Our road-going suspensions and flexy un-reinforced frames could never make use of such tyres effectively enough.

like tat he suanning me la!!! baskettt.... hahaha.. i realli serious abt getting lighter but yet soft compound tires... as from what i read from the bridgestone flyer.. it says what i using is like "race type"...

aiyah.. if dont haf also nevermind... maybe after i do my fork mine bike feels better.. who noes.. but firset i need a NEW sp front wheel!!!

get bt39ss.. so sticky and yet not expensive at all... the best part of my 2b days is being able to keep going to track without worrying about the tires,brakepad and let alone spare parts. hehehe...

Feel the Fear And Do It Anyway is very strong in almost every case. Courage is not the absence of fear.

Originally posted by Fatgrunt@Jan 2 2006, 05:09 AM

get bt39ss.. so sticky and yet not expensive at all... the best part of my 2b days is being able to keep going to track without worrying about the tires,brakepad and let alone spare parts. hehehe...

ya that what i am using.... not expensive meh... i find it quite expensive... den usage is like 7sessions or so almost wear out alreadi..

but onli problem is i heard it is heavy... so ya tot if can get a slightly lighter tires... maybe it would be better...

i dont wanna mod anything that increase the power of mine bike...

PG track opened most days... and if there's no one, they will let you onto the track even if it's not a designated bike session... usually bike sessions are from morning till 1pm...

You can call them at +607 252131 (if you have Starhub... use 018... only local call charges)

And "Yes" suspension very important... it's what determines how well the wheels (tyres) stay planted on the road/track surface.

Too soft and you'll be bouncing/pogo-ing...hence taking weight off the tyre....no grip

Too hard and you'll be bouncing off the seat or the bike (or car) will have a bump/steer effect.. also result in loss of grip/traction

crash and mine wheel not straight... so i need a new wheel... now no money.. wait till next month or so then see how.. anyway going in army soon... so i put track all on hold... till i come out of bmt...

Originally posted by ambasnakeman@Jan 2 2006, 01:38 AM

this fella think money drop from sky ...

want slicks

want tyre warmers

want suspensions

Quoted from DBS ad : "i want, i want, i want, i want ... "

:faint:

NIGHTPHANTOM >> forget what he say lah ... this fella rich .. for poor ppl like us tyres like ur bt39ss and my GPR70 enough :lol: urs last abt 7 sessions leh.. so long mine max i tink 5 then start sliding liaozzz

Originally posted by DeusExMachina@Jan 2 2006, 03:47 AM

I've seen riders in kallang cub prix using cut-slicks on their standard shocks and frames bikes.

Perhaps it is totally unnecessary as they can't fully utilise it?

If i haven't gotten my facts screwed up, those are the very tyres(dunlop KR149, 95/70) used by some of the teams in the Japan GP

Originally posted by Maryjane@Jan 2 2006, 04:28 PM

want slicks

want tyre warmers

want suspensions

NIGHTPHANTOM >> forget what he say lah ... this fella rich .. for poor ppl like us tyres like ur bt39ss and my GPR70 enough :lol: urs last abt 7 sessions leh.. so long mine max i tink 5 then start sliding liaozzz

i'm not rich leh :cheeky: but think about the tire price for 600/1000 sportsbike... hee.. fun? priceless o_O

Originally posted by Maryjane@Jan 2 2006, 04:28 PM

want slicks

want tyre warmers

want suspensions

wah liew eh... mine face look like bill gates issit... hmmmz... ur tire wear out so fast ah... wah.. power siah... but i think mine bike can never feel sliding.. no power....

now mine tire can onli use for normal riding... coz the centre tread still alto alot alot... brand new like tat... hahaha..

lacing is realli a rich man sport man... i poor boi crash 1 time must stop alreadi.... expensive to me siah.. lucky its a 2b nsr150 onli....

bring a mod 2b bike there can be very fierce too... :smile:

(Mar05) Honda SP 150 FR9470B

(Nov05) Kawasaki KRR 150 FU8637D

(Sep06) Suzuki GSX400 FK7652

(Nov06) Yamaha Sparks135 FBB511H

(Mar07) Honda RVF400 FN4991T

(07-10) Yamaha YZF R6 FBA7370G

(08-09) Suzuki DRZ 400 FBC4821G

Originally posted by [3]`chUn@Jan 3 2006, 02:25 AM

bring a mod 2b bike there can be very fierce too... :smile:

dont mod even more fun... trust me.

Originally posted by edwinnth@Jan 2 2006, 05:49 PM

I've seen riders in kallang cub prix using cut-slicks on their standard shocks and frames bikes.

Perhaps it is totally unnecessary as they can't fully utilise it?

If i haven't gotten my facts screwed up, those are the very tyres(dunlop KR149, 95/70) used by some of the teams in the Japan GP

I dunno abt cubs so I'm inclined to believe you, since you're a cub racer.

But tell me one thing. If they're using slicks, why did they cut them?

As for sportbikes, the last I heard from an experienced rider was that trackday tyres will suffice. They cost less, they heat up faster, they last longer, they offer enough grip for the weekend warrior, plus they're still road legal.

We are talking from a trackday guy point of view here after all, not pro racer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg