SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1ders

Aie

floor is slightly wet.. is not half clutch throttle.. already release the clutch fully.. luckily i did not half clutch.. if not there is the tendency to clutch in and if so the outcome will be quite unimaginable.. but so far nv occur such incident in the past 7 to 8 months of riding in wet weather till yesterday..

hmm wat is clutch slipping?? the plates are gone or is it the clutch line?? haha.. ps ps.. i'm more of a poser than a technical person.. LOL

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

floor is slightly wet.. is not half clutch throttle.. already release the clutch fully.. luckily i did not half clutch.. if not there is the tendency to clutch in and if so the outcome will be quite unimaginable.. but so far nv occur such incident in the past 7 to 8 months of riding in wet weather till yesterday..

hmm wat is clutch slipping?? the plates are gone or is it the clutch line?? haha.. ps ps.. i'm more of a poser than a technical person.. LOL

clutch slip has got nothing with the way u control your bike .... it is more of a mechanical thing or fault with your bike.

could be clutch plates are wearing out or the clutch line too tight .... best is bring to bike shop to check it out :thumb:

What say u :angel:

i'm more of a poser than a technical person.. LOL

Welcome to my club...:cheeky:

i was thinking of a local outing sometime next friday????? anyone ok??? :cheeky:

Next Friday is Christmas Day leh, bro. Jams and police road blocks expected on the roads...:giddy:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

with u around .... there's nothing to fear :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got nothing to fear but I fear for you guys with the non-approved aftermarket accessories. Even legal pipes when the mufflers are out are considered illegal mods...:giddy:

I've got nothing to fear but I fear for you guys with the non-approved aftermarket accessories. Even legal pipes when the mufflers are out are considered illegal mods...:giddy:

nah with u around .... even those riders with a GP moto bike can ride around town without worries :lol: :lol: :lol:

hi guys..i will b getting my new R1 next year..jus wondering how long do i need to run in the bike...

well if i am not wrong there are 3 stages.

1st stage, 800km before u change your engine oil, 2nd stage 1500km before u change your 2nd oil change and the last stage will be 3000km ....

but there is another theory which uses a hard run in with takes only about half an hour :smile:

tks for the info..:)

well if i am not wrong there are 3 stages.

1st stage, 800km before u change your engine oil, 2nd stage 1500km before u change your 2nd oil change and the last stage will be 3000km ....

but there is another theory which uses a hard run in with takes only about half an hour :smile:

hi guys wish to ask 1 qns, if your rear and front tyre is diff model, expl: front is metzeler n rear is brigde stone, will it have any affect on any stuff like handle-ing or go fast in bends?

yes it will affect one way or another, especially in corners ....

imagine using a hard compound tyre at the rear for "durability" and soft compound in front .... u tend to forget when the mood comes and try to play corners .... dangerous :)

yes it will affect one way or another, especially in corners ....

imagine using a hard compound tyre at the rear for "durability" and soft compound in front .... u tend to forget when the mood comes and try to play corners .... dangerous :)

Even if both are street tyres but of different brands???:confused:

Even if both are street tyres but of different brands???:confused:

well i am not a tyre expert and we definitely need one to help clarify ....

if both street tyres but different brands think only straight roads will be affected ... because different threads of different brands if mix together, will affect the braking distance, especially during wet and slippery surface ...

but we definitely need an expert to help us clarify :)

well i am not a tyre expert and we definitely need one to help clarify ....

if both street tyres but different brands think only straight roads will be affected ... because different threads of different brands if mix together, will affect the braking distance, especially during wet and slippery surface ...

but we definitely need an expert to help us clarify :)

jus to add on.. different tyres got different lean angles too.. might affect unstability on cornering.. different heat range to warm up.. etc

i heard different front and rear tyre will affect ur corner stability

but for the past 2 years plus on my rvf with different tyres i dun really feel much different

unless u hard core corner ba

-FuFu-Past & current rides-FuFu-

2003-2003 Honda NSR 150 SP

2004-2006 16 Tons Touring bus

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2008-2011 Yamaha YZF R1"08 model

2011-.... 1098

2007 - .... My dream bike NSR 500!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg