SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

Greetings Bros.

I just pass my 2A, and finally my PB1 S4 can come out of Layup (7 months)

--Before layup (7 months ago), bike was super good running condition. engine super smooth, everything perfect. Excellent for a PB1. Took me awhile to find a PB1 that was running so smoothly.

--During layup, I will start bike once a week and let it idle awhile + rev a little.

Now I want to send bike for inspection, but am facing some problems:

1. Rear brake seems not working. I can press the rear brake pedal down very very far. I think maybe no more fluid over the last 7 months.

2. Gears seems a bit hard to shift. Like press with foot up and down, its quite stiff. Maybe because 7 months never change gears? Perhaps need to oil change.

3. When throttle up high (at least 7k), and suddenly let go, bike will sometimes die. If throttle to 4k and then suddenly let go, it is OK.

Bike had just gone for full overhaul right before I bought the bike, and since then never used it much. So doubt I need to do another overhaul ($$$).

My questions:

-- For problem 3 (bike dies after throttle up and let go), what could be the cause? This one I'm most worried.

-- Is there any reliable bike shop that can arrange for me Towing + Full service + Send for inspection? It does not have to be the cheapest, but must be honest (won't cheat me / tell me overhaul when I don't need to), and reliable (does proper check of all components). I used to go Planet before (when I had phantom), and while AhChong is honest, sometimes they are not very thorough, like basically chop chop fast fast repair the most required stuff. Other non 100% urgent stuff don't fix.

Thanks bros!!

K&T at ubi. My mech. Heeeee

Ubi rd 1,#01-372 blk 3006.

94-95 FJ5514C xr200r,95-97 FK8732P Suzuki bandit GSF400P,96-97 FD6122A Xr350r,97-99 FP1472J KawaGt550,99-01 FR9492M Honda S4cb400vtec1,98-10 AV2612T vespa px150,98-10 AQ5313M vespa vbb150,01-03 FR7087M Harley fatboy flstf,06-08 FA8752J Vespa Rally PX,05-07 FN6735D Steed VSE 400,07-11 SGQ6458P Opel Meriva 1.6FL, 08-09 FP4470U S4 Ver S,09-11 FP1152H Honda steed VSE 400 bobber

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greetings Bros.

I just pass my 2A, and finally my PB1 S4 can come out of Layup (7 months)

--Before layup (7 months ago), bike was super good running condition. engine super smooth, everything perfect. Excellent for a PB1. Took me awhile to find a PB1 that was running so smoothly.

--During layup, I will start bike once a week and let it idle awhile + rev a little.

Now I want to send bike for inspection, but am facing some problems:

1. Rear brake seems not working. I can press the rear brake pedal down very very far. I think maybe no more fluid over the last 7 months.

2. Gears seems a bit hard to shift. Like press with foot up and down, its quite stiff. Maybe because 7 months never change gears? Perhaps need to oil change.

3. When throttle up high (at least 7k), and suddenly let go, bike will sometimes die. If throttle to 4k and then suddenly let go, it is OK.

Bike had just gone for full overhaul right before I bought the bike, and since then never used it much. So doubt I need to do another overhaul ($$$).

My questions:

-- For problem 3 (bike dies after throttle up and let go), what could be the cause? This one I'm most worried.

-- Is there any reliable bike shop that can arrange for me Towing + Full service + Send for inspection? It does not have to be the cheapest, but must be honest (won't cheat me / tell me overhaul when I don't need to), and reliable (does proper check of all components). I used to go Planet before (when I had phantom), and while AhChong is honest, sometimes they are not very thorough, like basically chop chop fast fast repair the most required stuff. Other non 100% urgent stuff don't fix.

Thanks bros!!

Just DO THIS: 1) Empty your fuel tank and put in fresh petrol. Also drain out all the petrol in ur carbs (there is a drain screw for each). 2) Go change all your spark plugs. 3) Go for a long ride and if engine feels harsh..go for an eo change. Amen.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Hi guys, it's time to change my tyres for my Ver S. I was hoping for your kind suggestions.

For the tyres:

1) Any recommended brand I should be looking at??

I bought over the bike with a 120/60(front) and 160/60(rear) Michelin Pilot Power installed by the previous owner. I understand the stock size is 110/70 (front) and 140/70(rear) but unfortunately Michelin doesnt seem to have this size. I was thinking of reverting back to this stock size. Now, I've always trusted Michelin, but I'm open to any other suggestions. Budget-wise, I'm pretty flexible. A good deal is always nice, but I'd rather not be penny smart and pound foolish over the long-run. Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, it's time to change my tyres for my Ver S. I was hoping for your kind suggestions.

For the tyres:

I bought over the bike with a 120/60(front) and 160/60(rear) Michelin Pilot Power installed by the previous owner. I understand the stock size is 110/70 (front) and 140/70(rear) but unfortunately Michelin doesnt seem to have this size. I was thinking of reverting back to this stock size. Now, I've always trusted Michelin, but I'm open to any other suggestions. Budget-wise, I'm pretty flexible. A good deal is always nice, but I'd rather not be penny smart and pound foolish over the long-run. Thanks in advance!

im using metzeler m5 sportec 110/70 150/60. very good and grippy in dry and wet

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

For the tyres:

Dunlope Arrow Max GT105..original stock tyres for non Vtec bikes.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

anyone can advice on clutch plates for ver S ?

read that theres 2 types of plates.. one with the friction material plus the other which is fully steel/aluminium..

will i have to buy both seperately or is it one set with those kits? cause from what i see the ebc clutch plates only come with the ones with the friction materials

and and

if i open up the clutch side do i have to prepare new gasket ?

Hi! Anyone can recommend a good mechanic for verS?

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Usually I would go to Planet, look for ah chong. Best mechanic so far, can't ask for more

Funny n very experienced guy. Sometimes he even helps me saved money, can tell me what go change n what not to

Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

Hi guys I'm looking for a super four exhaust like these either first or second hand. Anyone selling?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]325471[/ATTACH]

i think the blacked-out exhaust is a moriwaki shorty exhaust. and the one on the orange is a pb1 exhaust.

Hi guys,

'97 Ver S rider here. I've recently changed my sprocket and chain to what I suppose was the stock size of Front sprocket 15T and Rear sprocket 44T. The thing is, my bike used to be able to go 100km/h at 6k rpm in 6th gear but now I have to hit at least 6.5k rpm in 6th gear to achieve 100km/h.

I was thinking of reverting back to my pre-servicing chain set up as the strain on my bike is more noticeable now and my fuel consumption has taken a relatively-sizeable hit (around 23km/l now from ~26km/l previously).

What is the sprocket teeth set up I have to change to in order to get a better "top"/cruising speed with the least strain on my 18yr old bike? Look forward to your inputs and thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

'97 Ver S rider here. I've recently changed my sprocket and chain to what I suppose was the stock size of Front sprocket 15T and Rear sprocket 44T. The thing is, my bike used to be able to go 100km/h at 6k rpm in 6th gear but now I have to hit at least 6.5k rpm in 6th gear to achieve 100km/h.

I was thinking of reverting back to my pre-servicing chain set up as the strain on my bike is more noticeable now and my fuel consumption has taken a relatively-sizeable hit (around 23km/l now from ~26km/l previously).

What is the sprocket teeth set up I have to change to in order to get a better "top"/cruising speed with the least strain on my 18yr old bike? Look forward to your inputs and thanks in advance!

maybe you can just change the rear sprocket to 42T?perhaps that was ur previous sprocket rear TOOTH...or down to 41T?....or just change your front sprocket to 16T........

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Hi yall, noob question: I accidentally top up too much coolant in my reservoir (over the high mark), should I suk it out to below high mark? Will there be any damage in long run? Thanks ya!

2005-2008: Phantom TA200

2006-2011: Hyundai Getz 1.6

2008-2008: wave 110

2008-2009: CB400 Ver S

2009-2009: Phantom TA200

2009-2011: CB400 Spec 1

2012-2012: Aprilia Scarabeo 200

2012-2013: Phantom TA150

2016-2016: SilverWing FJS400D

2013-current: CB400 PB1

Hi to all,

I currently own a PB1 and it is in running condition, but exterior appearance is really bad. I am thinking of doing an overhaul to the engine, and also change the exterior parts of the bike so that it will look spanking new.

Would like to have suggestions on which workshop to go to that can do a good job in restoring the bike.

Thanks in advance.