SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

exceeded speed limit by 52km/hr

gilbert85

hahah...definitely bro. As usual, its gonna to be a tamed beast in Singapore. With aftermarket exhaust, i would not dare to risk getting unwanted attention. Speeding fine, non street legal exhaust plus plus. Just aint worth it for a few km/h shiokness.
Haha yah true! Can try2 ur MTS1200 or not when u collect it?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
ok.. went to find mp got some good news, maybe bad news to some.. mp confident of dropping the charge to 12 demerit points... i get to keep my licence and still have 12 points can take class 2... praise the lord...

yo... gilbert... i went through the exact same thing as you... caught for speeding... only diff is i was caught 27km/h over the limit, which is 6 points... i did the same thing as you... went to MP... i guess the MP told u the same thing as what he told me... I was pretty confident of geting my 6 pts waived...

End up? drag for 2 months before telling me... appeal unsucessful... i am not trying to pour cold water... but i was hopeful. end up disappointed...and i just want to share my exp... i really hope u do get ur points... :)

yo... gilbert... i went through the exact same thing as you... caught for speeding... only diff is i was caught 27km/h over the limit, which is 6 points... i did the same thing as you... went to MP... i guess the MP told u the same thing as what he told me... I was pretty confident of geting my 6 pts waived...

End up? drag for 2 months before telling me... appeal unsucessful... i am not trying to pour cold water... but i was hopeful. end up disappointed...and i just want to share my exp... i really hope u do get ur points... :)

hahaz...i also kena 6 points $150 last month for 113km/h on 90km/h SLE....

appeal rejected cos its speeding period....my driver friends last time only kena warning...

nbz...car give warning bike no warning....my years of clean record gone just like tat...biased ppl...

f%^& TPs...

end of the day my fault for speeding...lol

Edited by ghost04

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

hahaz...i also kena 6 points $150 last month for 113km/h on 90km/h SLE....

appeal rejected cos its speeding period....my driver friends last time only kena warning...

nbz...car give warning bike no warning....my years of clean record gone just like tat...biased ppl...

f%^& TPs...

end of the day my fault for speeding...lol

Nvm lah... over already... i was very upset too... my clean record broken too... but i think i learnt more then i could from any book and any driving center... that is my life is precious... and speeding it away is not worth it... i think i deserve the 6 pts... becos i am WAY more safe now.

Edited by Nick_Lee

Nvm lah... over already... i was very upset too... my clean record broken too... but i think i learnt more then i could from any book and any driving center... that is my life is precious... and speeding it away is not worth it... i think i deserve the 6 pts... becos i am WAY more safe now.

haha i also think so but my situation not as ideal as i am speeding alone...

just doing lane change and being tail-gate by a car behind so am i the only 1 caught? i better don ask.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

TS, mind stating the bike used for the offence?

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

http://image.automotive.com/f/newsandupdates/racing_news/122_1103_progress_for_ducati_marlboro_team_as_qatar_test_kicks_off/32274961+soriginal/122_1103_03_o+valentino_rossi_ducati_marlboro_q

Before you speed, you must know the Rules of the Game !

Here the rules :

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/information_dips_offences.htm

Follow this rules has keep my license save throughout all these years !

My rules is never speed more than 40km/h on the stated road speed limit...

ie. Speed limit: 50km/h... Your speed should not be more than 90km/h...

Speed limit: 90km/h... Your speed should not be more than 130km/h

You can get caught + fines but they will not prosecute you in court...

Hope that this simple formula will keep you save from the court in the future if you manage to hold on to your PRECIOUS license.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/glennkoh/TDM900/TDM.jpg

Before you speed, you must know the Rules of the Game !

Here the rules :

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/information_dips_offences.htm

Following this rules has keep my license save throughout all these years !

But if you loves to speed, there's only one place for you = TRACK (as mention by previous forumers)

Speeding on the road is simply too dangerous regardless what the reason is/are...

My rules is never speed more than 40km/h on the stated road speed limit...

ie. Speed limit: 50km/h... Your speed should not be more than 90km/h...

Speed limit: 90km/h... Your speed should not be more than 130km/h

You can get caught + fines + demerit points but they will not prosecute you in court...

Hope that this simple formula will keep you save from the court in the future if you manage to hold on to your PRECIOUS license.

Good luck for your hearing...

Edited by heaven51
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/glennkoh/TDM900/TDM.jpg

Mp appeal fail.. now awaiting to go court on 13 oct... everything will end on that day... sigh...

dude... If you have a chance to speak to the judge... just tell him/her that you are extremely sorry. ever since the offence you have been feeling remorseful... however from what i have heard from my frens who attended the hearings.... you don't even have a chance to speak. if u ever get the chance to. tell her/him how you feel... don't worry... license can get back de... but if u lose your life you can't.... don't think too much and learn from this...

• 2 weeks later...