SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

exceeded speed limit by 52km/hr

gilbert85

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal experience and I am not proud of it.

I was caught speeding by TP on Orchard. 140km/h.

Bike impounded for 3 months. Lock up and wear rolex for 1 day.

Went to court. As my class 2A was still under probation, my license was revoked. 2b, 2a, 3. They will cut your license right in front of you. Fine $3k.

Previous guy was fined $1.5k. He appealed. Judge immediately raised his fine to $4k.

And all these was 10 years ago. Now I dunno.

I think we should cut TS some slack. Yes it was wrong of him to speed but everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

He could very well get his license revoked. Let it be a lesson learnt and hope he will not commit the same offence in future.

He's in a $hitty position already. No point adding to his misery with unkind comments.

2yrs!!! amazing...

lol... u know what is even better? i was involved in a hit and run... as in some guy hit me with his car and run... i gave everything to TP. its been almost 4 yrs and they haven't even send me a letter to let me know what is gg on...

i think that guy would have sold his car by now... lol...

lol... u know what is even better? i was involved in a hit and run... as in some guy hit me with his car and run... i gave everything to TP. its been almost 4 yrs and they haven't even send me a letter to let me know what is gg on...

i think that guy would have sold his car by now... lol...

WT..... think TP forget abt it liao, was ur bike damage very jialat??

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

WT..... think TP forget abt it liao, was ur bike damage very jialat??

erm... rear fender dent all the way in... then scratches all over the shining pipes... lucky the crash bars were there, otherwise my shin would be smashed in... actually i am just happy that i got away with my life.

erm... rear fender dent all the way in... then scratches all over the shining pipes... lucky the crash bars were there, otherwise my shin would be smashed in... actually i am just happy that i got away with my life.

omg!!! life is precious. but pocket big hole right? how much is the repairs?

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

omg!!! life is precious. but pocket big hole right? how much is the repairs?

can't rem how much were the repairs... think ard 300+... injury took 3 months to heal thou... but i am just glad that the injury recovered and i am still waiting for the police to get back to me.... lol... see how many yrs they will take... i think most prob they forgot abt it...

still no news so far... but my friend got caught for speeding got suspended for 6mths... if i had that i will b the happiest person in the world...

i think no news for u would mean good news at this point of time... have u checked eddies? i was caught for speeding... and 6points/$150 & a painful lesson learnt... it showed in eddies like 3 weeks... it's been 4 months? shld be alright...

to play safe... wait for 6... but please do learn ur lesson... otherwise i will say... O-B-good...

i think no news for u would mean good news at this point of time... have u checked eddies? i was caught for speeding... and 6points/$150 & a painful lesson learnt... it showed in eddies like 3 weeks... it's been 4 months? shld be alright...

to play safe... wait for 6... but please do learn ur lesson... otherwise i will say... O-B-good...

check eddies liao... nothing inside... really think god is giving mi a chance... very grateful for it... i ride at 90km/hr now.. only when overtaking then go faster abit...

i feel good obeying the rules too at least i know if i see tp they will not b after mi... have a piece of mind....

check eddies liao... nothing inside... really think god is giving mi a chance... very grateful for it... i ride at 90km/hr now.. only when overtaking then go faster abit...

i feel good obeying the rules too at least i know if i see tp they will not b after mi... have a piece of mind....

Good for you. Everyone only get one chance. The second chance you speed, you may just contribute to another fallen rider statistics

Thats for Class 2a. Make sure you will remenber the lesson after u have obtained class 2 bike. If you cant even contain the class 2a power. Forget about controlling class 2 power. Thats why i gotta myself a 7 years old Honda Wave for singapore use. max speed is 90km/h only

• 2 weeks later...

4 mths liao? hmm mite be safe for u. mite be nt. i was caught speeding and letter came 3 mths later. kanna cam. at changi south. just ride safely and don tink abt it. if after 6 mths nth then ur safe bro. l

Just BEcause I fOllOw The speed LIMIT DoesnT mEan i am slow!!

Latest update... letter came liao attending court on 13/10/2010...

well after extensive research fine amt ard 1k... as for demerit points the explaination i got is deduct based on wat you have.. its like prison sentence only starts when you are sentenced...

but even if suspend i already made preparations liao...

will keep everyone updated

wah the TP really take their time, bet the last few months have been hell for you.

next time ride safe.

Always ride safely and defensively.

Repair bike cheap and fast,

Repair body expensive and slow.

There is only one best mechanic for your bike...YOU

Latest update... letter came liao attending court on 13/10/2010...

well after extensive research fine amt ard 1k... as for demerit points the explaination i got is deduct based on wat you have.. its like prison sentence only starts when you are sentenced...

but even if suspend i already made preparations liao...

will keep everyone updated

gilbert i sarpport you... learn from this... read that u are looking for ppl to ride your bike... i think you shld keep it... since u spent so much $$ on it already... Learn from this lesson... take it like a MAN... :)

Keep me updated...

gilbert i sarpport you... learn from this... read that u are looking for ppl to ride your bike... i think you shld keep it... since u spent so much $$ on it already... Learn from this lesson... take it like a MAN... :)

Keep me updated...

And in return i support Nick_Lee for he displays acts of a true man, advising u to face the music like a man!

Salute to both of ya!

face is of course muz face.. this is life... ai yong xiu teo ai chiap xiu... but having said that we also cannot go there unprepared ma... of course if can lower the sentence we muz try... and for people waiting to flame mi... i dun intend or expect to keep my licence i am fighting for a suspension lesser than one year so i no need to retake my licence...

and yup i spent ALOT of $$$ on my bike but wat to do right??? thats life.. if only i was 6km slower... i would have been able to keep my licence... but say wat also too late liao... lesson learnt... dun play play with spore law... wanna play go else where...

face is of course muz face.. this is life... ai yong xiu teo ai chiap xiu... but having said that we also cannot go there unprepared ma... of course if can lower the sentence we muz try... and for people waiting to flame mi... i dun intend or expect to keep my licence i am fighting for a suspension lesser than one year so i no need to retake my licence...

and yup i spent ALOT of $$$ on my bike but wat to do right??? thats life.. if only i was 6km slower... i would have been able to keep my licence... but say wat also too late liao... lesson learnt... dun play play with spore law... wanna play go else where...

Bro,

I hope my post finds you well. You should be grateful that you are still well, strong and live to ride another day. What you have done before may have different ending, isn it?

In my opinion, singapore traffic condition, speed limitation and drivers attitude do not gel very well with 600cc and above bikes. Sometimes i really hope that the expressway speed limitation can increase to 110km/h. Its very difficult for class 2 bike to maintain cruising speed at 90km/h. Sometimes we need to overtake cars, the rider pulls the throttle and the speed hit 120km/h within few seconds. Who will not get caught for speeding?

I loved to ride my kawa concours in malaysia north south highway and thailand only. If i need to clear pipe carbon and satisfied my appetite for speed thrill, i only do it there. Long gone are the hope to speed in Singapore freely, easily and worry free.

I bought myself an old class 2b bike just for transportation in singapore. Another reason is of course to curb the speed demo inside me at bay.

Till the date you ride again. Treasure the present and look forward to the future.

Dont speed on ur brand new MTS1200 ok!

hahah...definitely bro. As usual, its gonna to be a tamed beast in Singapore. With aftermarket exhaust, i would not dare to risk getting unwanted attention. Speeding fine, non street legal exhaust plus plus. Just aint worth it for a few km/h shiokness.