SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

exceeded speed limit by 52km/hr

gilbert85

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TS, my friend was caught for exceeding speed by 63km/hr. he also went to court yesterday got 2 months license suspended and $800 fine. Good luck to you.

I think the only reason why ur friend had a short suspension was because he had a 'valid' reason for speeding. Like family emergency or anything along that line. Otherwise he would have to be the luckiest man on earth to speed like that and only get such a short suspension and fine.

i was late for work my company has a very strict policy about puntuality. plus juz nice the road was clear so i chiong lor who knows got tp ard. i did not managed to see them. and for ur info i was damn suay. if i was travelling at 140 most to most 12 points but i was at 142 so its 18 points. dunno if they can drop the charge to 140 anot..

rule of thumb: plan well.prepare to go to work early so u can beat the early morning traffic rush n reduce the risk of getting into an accident.n pls dun use that excuse in court unless u wan the judge to turn u into a laughing stock.plus, having a licence is a god-send nowadays n some ppl need it for work so treasure that green card

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

• 2 weeks later...
ok.. went to find mp got some good news, maybe bad news to some.. mp confident of dropping the charge to 12 demerit points... i get to keep my licence and still have 12 points can take class 2... praise the lord...

I thought after deduction of 12 points, you'll be left with 1 point to spare, until 1 yr from the date you commit the offence, then is the 12 points returned to you?

Road hogger @ 50km/h on 4th lane :cool:

A bike can go up till 200km/h, can the rider go up till 200km/h o_O

Maybe he cant pay the fine and 'went in'?

i second that. But that would be tragic. After all u could 160 legally in German Autobahn, but go in to squat in SG for lesser speed. Real tragic then.

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo9/Pplater08/casey-stoner-wheelie-wallpaper-1803.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the only way to speed legally is

1) Behind an ambulance

2) Behind a hearse

3) on SAF 4hour notice to move. eg, got recall to catch Mas Selamat.

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

• 2 weeks later...
go court kena 18 points and $800 fine.. i never update cause i thought nothing liao... but after 2 weeks tp send letter say wanna revoke me... tell me to explain why he should not revoke me.. currently still awaiting results... thank you...

You can actually argue on this issue. You already got punished by the court for the offense that u committed. Why do they even want to summon u to the court if they wanna revoke your licence in the first place? They can even appeal to the court if they are not satisfied with the judge's decision, instead of sending u a letter to revoke your license. No one can overrule the court's sentences. You can look for the MP from your estate and see if he can help u to write in to TP on your behalf, a simple note from your MP will be better than an appeal letter that u wrote.

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

@ Kampong Ubi Driving Centre

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

@ Pan Country Driving Centre

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

@ Singapore Safety Driving Centre

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

• 2 weeks later...

pay yr fine gt yr point still want to revoke . wat crap is tis? me too few yr back goin at 119 when the road is 50 gt 18 pt n 750 fine. bt tp neva call me after tat had to be a gd rider for a yr n all 18 pt clear one shot.

do not DRINK n RIDE:cheeky:

Used to speed when i was younger.. Got caught once but was let off with a warning.. TP clocked me at 130km/hr... hehe.. was riding a super4 vtec 2.. My excuse was since when was i speeding.. what i see is i was riding at 100km/hr.. Then the TP said.. What is the max speed on expressway..

So i said 90 plus minus 10 mah.. So i bring at 100 la.. Then the TP said at 100 he could fine me as well.. I was let off with a warning and he asked me to get my meter checked.. What a nice TP.. I would kiss him that time LOL.. was left with 6 points btw.. So from that day on i promised myself no more speeding..

that's damn lucky.. if he fine u at 130 ur license sure gone..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...