SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

exceeded speed limit by 52km/hr

gilbert85

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey bro, ur case should be 18points plus fine abt $1000. Class 2a Revoked, 2B still safe. No worry so much, unless traffic police changes the demerits point. Court fine is not necessary accurate, if i'm not wrong, should be $1000 est.

Just pray, shouldn't be rovoked all license.

Cheers....

Bro....FYI if really the letter come, it's ur'e point remaining on the offence date that matters, not when u get the letter. So even if u get the letter 1 week after u get back ur'e 24 pts, but offence occur 1 month back, u are liable.....

1993-Yamaha LC, TZR

1994-Licence Revoke

1995- Honda MBX, RXZ

1996- Vespa

1997- RXK, TZM

2002- Phantom 200

2008- Toyota Axio(Car)

2009- Toyota Axio(Car) & S4 Vtec 2

2010(current)- Fazer FZ1N & Toyota Axio(Car)

can argue bike speedo is slower than the actual speed of the speed limits which cars speedo are the actual speed and bike speedo is 15~20 lesser than car speed. so if they gauge ur 142 speed by tp meter, ur travelling lesser than 140km/hr thats for sure, if by speed gun, cannot siam liao .

the fact remains u speed, now the trick is lessen the speed limit to hopefully gantong nia, so u will need to sternly insists ur travelling slower than 140 but yet humbly remorsing

Class 3 29 April 2009[TP Attempt: 1]

Class 2B 11 March 2010[TP Attempt: 1]

Class 2A 02 July 2012[TP Attempt: 1]

Class 2 On-Training[TP Attempt: TBA]

TA-200 Honda Phantom 2010~2013

GSR Suzuki 400R 2013~Present

:thumb::thumb:

a good example of gwzc_mk2 signature.

wad siah~~ how come mention me all of a sudden???

u need to be young and reckless to become old and wise..... if u survive :angel:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/gwzc_mk2/IMG_4576-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the TP gave u chance?....

(This is not a fake story) Back in 2001 when i just got my license...think i was speeding a bit coming around an eway exit bend...skali the man in white was standing by there...gave me a chase...stopped me..told me my helmet strap not proper n my no plate not in order...took down my particulars n told me to wait for letter...but sumhow letter never come..(Thank god)...maybe it depends on how u nicely n pitifully talk to our big BRO...hope u were sweet n nice to hime when u kena caught...

hope for the best for u...

Maybe the TP gave u chance?....

(This is not a fake story) Back in 2001 when i just got my license...think i was speeding a bit coming around an eway exit bend...skali the man in white was standing by there...gave me a chase...stopped me..told me my helmet strap not proper n my no plate not in order...took down my particulars n told me to wait for letter...but sumhow letter never come..(Thank god)...maybe it depends on how u nicely n pitifully talk to our big BRO...hope u were sweet n nice to hime when u kena caught...

hope for the best for u...

lol same thing happen to me, but mine not speeding, mine was going in the wrong way of traffic LOl, cos i see wrong, they say will summon me, but the fine never come. so that time they take down my particulars was a fake too

Honda NSR SP150- FP 564* Z - Since 26 Sep 07 - 09 june 09

Suzuki GSR 400- FBB 753* K -Since 03/ 06 / 09 - 11/03/11

Yamaha R1 08- FBC 19** T - till 00 Apr 2012

kawasaki Versys 650

Guest johjoh
one and a half month still no news...

dare not go take class 2.. dare not call them also..

dunno do what then good..

did you check through the eddis system to see any outstanding traffic offence against you?

Guest johjoh
sorry bro, the sad news is the letter might come after a few months, for my case, it came it 6 months later... cheers,

bro, what happen man?

sorry bro, the sad news is the letter might come after a few months, for my case, it came it 6 months later... cheers,

6 months later i get my 24 points deduct 18 still will gantong meh.. i know the penalty will take account of the time the offence was commited. but if the sentence is passed down that 18 points deduction and at that time i got 24 points still gantong meh???

i wonder if you are doing 90km/h on a 50km/h road... will the penalty be as severe?

cuz some roads have a limit of 50km/h, but at night there are totally no cars, it's quite weird to ride at 50km/h right?

boring rider. with a boring bike.

too old to want to appear interesting anymore.

6 months later i get my 24 points deduct 18 still will gantong meh.. i know the penalty will take account of the time the offence was commited. but if the sentence is passed down that 18 points deduction and at that time i got 24 points still gantong meh???

Speed like nobody business , when get caught you become a mouse worrying for one and a half months. :faint:

Ride Safe.

i was caught on PIE traveling at 142 km/hr on a 90 km speed limit.

the TP book me told me i will get 18 demerit points + fine + go court.

what i wana knw is what will fine amount be like?

Respect to u bro:thumb: u got guts:thumb:

Normal road is like a children play ground to u now. U can now go race in MotoGP:thumb:

Are monkeys allow in SBF?

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208575&d=1308762964

Sorry, OT a bit.

Actually I'm sure everyone speeds lah, who would ride at 50km/h? I was once caught 80km/h on a 50km/h road. Early morning 5+am, quiet 3 lane road. The TP ambushed me by the road side. The funny thing was that he just dashed across the road in front of me to stop me. I had to jam brakes to prevent knocking him. Dunno if it is because of quota or what, setting this kind of trap seems quite desperate.

Sorry, OT a bit.

Actually I'm sure everyone speeds lah, who would ride at 50km/h? I was once caught 80km/h on a 50km/h road. Early morning 5+am, quiet 3 lane road. The TP ambushed me by the road side. The funny thing was that he just dashed across the road in front of me to stop me. I had to jam brakes to prevent knocking him. Dunno if it is because of quota or what, setting this kind of trap seems quite desperate.

Yup.. i agree everyone speeds.. nobody will ride at 80km/hr at 4am on ecp... especially bigger bikes coz u dun feel the speed that much. but most pple exceed by 10-20km... i overdid it abit..

but lesson learnt i ride safely now.. maybe when overtaking will ride faster abit but other than that i try to keep in lane..

almost 2mths still no news.. sigh... yi shi zu chen qian gu hen.. alot of people alot of different versions of wat will happen. i juz waiting for my 24points then i will juz call them to ask wats going on... if really gantong bo bian.. its better than keep waiting like this...

if really gantong.. earlier gantong earlier can start over again..

Hoped you really learn your lesson from this incident. 50 km+ over the speed limit isn't exactly a little bit like what you mentioned. At those kind of speed, accidents are waiting to happen. Have concerns both for your own lives and others.

I agree with you that most people do not stick to the speed limit. If not, we will not see many cars flying by the rightmost lane when we are driving at 90~100 km/h on the 3rd lane, high beaming, wiper flashing, horning to get you out of the way.

And don't think too much about some of the more harsh remarks. As someone mentioned, when you asked for advices, you will get the good, the moderate and the plain trashy. What's most important is you really learnt something from this experience.

Hoped you really learn your lesson from this incident. 50 km+ over the speed limit isn't exactly a little bit like what you mentioned. At those kind of speed, accidents are waiting to happen. Have concerns both for your own lives and others.

I agree with you that most people do not stick to the speed limit. If not, we will not see many cars flying by the rightmost lane when we are driving at 90~100 km/h on the 3rd lane, high beaming, wiper flashing, horning to get you out of the way.

And don't think too much about some of the more harsh remarks. As someone mentioned, when you asked for advices, you will get the good, the moderate and the plain trashy. What's most important is you really learnt something from this experience.

thanks bro...

would like to ask a qns. For example, if i have 12 points now, and i kena a 12 demerit points offence. So i will have 0 points. does this means revoke or can still continue riding?

At 0 Points Still Can Ride. -1 Then Cannot. If Im You, Ill Stop Riding & Wait Till The Point Refreshes. Because One Small Mistake Like Crossing Over Double White Line Or Sumthing, Thats It. :faint: