SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

exceeded speed limit by 52km/hr

gilbert85

not directed at anything in particular, but i thought, above a certain limit, the punishment becomes much more severe than the usual fine and demerit?

It's case to case basis.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq235/kepalabutolah/SuzukiGSXR1000Banner.jpg

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what made you go 146km/h? I've never exceeded 120km/h on highways and not beyond 90km/h on 70-80km/h roads. Unless its a emergency, do learn from your lesson.

It's really costly, imagine the amount of money you could use to do up your already beautiful bike.

I'm a Tutor! Proud to be one!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/lexanez/IMG_0008.jpg

Wow, what made you go 146km/h? I've never exceeded 120km/h on highways and not beyond 90km/h on 70-80km/h roads. Unless its a emergency, do learn from your lesson.

It's really costly, imagine the amount of money you could use to do up your already beautiful bike.

Yah i was on emergency but still there's no valid reason to speed on Singapore it's the worst trauma any rider would go through. I learn alot.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq235/kepalabutolah/SuzukiGSXR1000Banner.jpg

Yah i was on emergency but still there's no valid reason to speed on Singapore it's the worst trauma any rider would go through. I learn alot.

Well, I'm glad that you gain something out of it. Keep a positive outlook, yeah? At least you still have your bike and yourself with you. Don't disappoint those whom care bout you the most, you are important to quite a number of people in your life.

I'm a Tutor! Proud to be one!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/lexanez/IMG_0008.jpg

ts, pray hard.

last 2 years i was caught speeding infront of temasek poly. i had 24 points and no speeding record. going around 140 when speed limit there was 60. 24 point straight gone and wanted to charge me in court.

waited waited waited. for one year, no court letter, no fine. point reset.

SEE LUCK BRO.

I'd rather get a Leo Vince than a Louis Vuitton.

Got caught speeding at SLE/TPE at around 0400(yeah, I guess I was really suay that time)

Fine $170 / 8 Demerit Points

Appealed through my MP for waiver of Points as this was my first ever offence In almost 5 years of riding. Appeal rejected. Got a letter from TP saying that they can't amend anything from DIPS.

Well,lesson learnt..Live and let live lor.

Naz

Many many yrs back got caught speeding, in fact shud say racing with another bike along PIE... Both bikes were stopped at traffic light junction after e exit... Speed caught above 200km/hr but was lucky to escape without any fine :) ...

"Shut Up n Ride"

wah damn lucky lar u

sell/trade leo vince 4-2-1 system for busa gen1 http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353519

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Got caught speeding at SLE/TPE at around 0400(yeah, I guess I was really suay that time)

Fine $170 / 8 Demerit Points

Appealed through my MP for waiver of Points as this was my first ever offence In almost 5 years of riding. Appeal rejected. Got a letter from TP saying that they can't amend anything from DIPS.

Well,lesson learnt..Live and let live lor.

Naz

Yup. Same as me. Got the letter say they can't change anything from DIPS. But mine was 12 points. At TPE in the wee hours of morning too. :D

July 2006-21st Aug 2007 :Honda NSR SP (FS1029R)

21st Aug 2007-28th Oct 2009 :Honda CB400 Spec III (FY8*8*M)

5th Sept 09-20th Nov 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa K6 FBA 9**6 J

30 Jan 13-Hyundai Getz 1.6 SFV*1*1K

20th Nov 13-Honda CBR600RR 2008 FBE4*4*S

2015-2015:Mitsubishi Lancer GLX

28th Oct 2015-Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff216/Stardust_83/IMG_60122.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I first time speeding at 60km road, exceed speed by 41-50km/h. 12 points, $0 fine. Got the letter with me. Do I have to attend court?

Eey.. no $$.. i tot always demerit pt + $$$.. anyway if the letter says tat only demerit pts den no nd go court.. unless it is stated...

Sent from my GT-N7000

Eey.. no $$.. i tot always demerit pt + $$$.. anyway if the letter says tat only demerit pts den no nd go court.. unless it is stated...

Sent from my GT-N7000

I don't know. The letter request for drivers/ riders particulars and state that 12 demerit points and $0 summons. Never put court date also. I submit the form to TP already. 1-2 weeks ago, until now, they never get back to me.

Latest news to share.

first time offence. never tio points before. caught speeding at 143km/hr when speed limit was 60.

got suspended for 3 months, fine 800.

Sorry to offend, but u'r hazardous lol o_O

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)

2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)

2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)

2015 - ???? Quit riding

Just received the "Notice for intended Prosecution". Say I may or may not be issued a court summons to attend court. Nvm. I already screenshot what I need to appeal against the fine. Preparing the other TP letters from previous cases to support my appeal. Anyway, I don't intend to pay anything. I rather go in and sit. Wasted enough money on the government already. Never seen a government as screwed up as Singapore's government. Oppressors.

How odd for a rider to exceed the stated speed limit and thereafter when caught and prosecuted, claim it is an act of oppression from the government.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

How odd for a rider to exceed the stated speed limit and thereafter when caught and prosecuted, claim it is an act of oppression from the government.

U have to listen to my story before judging ma. But the government is already oppressive with or without the summons. Lol. Coe, road tax, all used to build mrt lines. Income tax, CPF, GST, all goes to loaning other countries. They getting back in return the interest rate of their loans to other countries. It's all about profit making nowadays. Everyone has forgotten about their purposes. LTA forgot about maintaining roads. TP forgot to make the roads safer by getting drivers off the roads when they're supposed to. Police can't do anything about people who beat other people up for no apparent reason. Experienced it all myself. Uneven roads, caused my tzm exhaust header to crack because of the bumps, welded it back for $30, got fined by LTA for $500 illegal pipe modification. TP summon me for speeding and not getting into an accident 12 demerit points and notice to attend court while a driver who bangs into me and nearly kills me gets 3-6 demerit points and $200 fine for inconsiderate and reckless driving. I get beat up by 4 guys because a slut in their group lied to them about what I said, they stupidly believed her and I get beat up 4-1. The police ask me to go medical checkup and give me a notice of non seizable offense, ask me to hire a lawyer and make a magistrates complaint. Hire a lawyer need $2000 deposit, $1000-$5000 a day in court, $500 per hour consultation. All I have to pay first before I get the claim. The law is protecting perpetrators in this case. Where's batman, or superman, or ghost rider when u need him? Why government protecting these kind of scum in our society? Why I kena all this sh!t because the government protecting them? I follow the government speed limit, kena bang left right and from the back. I don't follow speed limit, I never kena bang at all, most kena bang by bird sh!t or flying stones from lorries. Like that how? I want protect my bike and myself from any damages also cannot? Seriously. Anyhow summon people. I can't wait for the court date. Tell the judges what really happened when they took photo.