SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] HONDA Hornets' Nest 250/600/900

Motrax33

which one will u take?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. which one will u take?

haha I wanna get those header back in shine, wanna try using the heavy duty scouring pad (*for dish washing) but it contribute some scratches on the header too. Else have to apply autosol afterwhich....

rizoma, I saw there's two version handlebar on the site... any idea the differences between the two?

they say scotchbrite is good for cleaning.

if i am not wrong, one is fatbar and one is normal bar, not too sure what's the different.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

clutch cable on my impulse snapped. due to old age.

advise you guys to check as well, especially if it has been quite some time when you changed cables.

clutch cable on my impulse snapped. due to old age.

advise you guys to check as well, especially if it has been quite some time when you changed cables.

my clutch cable rubber sleeve torn and exposed... coming to 10 yrs vehicle... haiz...

my side stand base, corrode and gone missing... dun know if I should replace it with a new one. Now my bike can't start at times, tried clutch in start bike... oil starter button... etc. at times it works sometime don't

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

my clutch cable rubber sleeve torn and exposed... coming to 10 yrs vehicle... haiz...

my side stand base, corrode and gone missing... dun know if I should replace it with a new one. Now my bike can't start at times, tried clutch in start bike... oil starter button... etc. at times it works sometime don't

better get them changed. sucks to have the cable snap when you on the way to work, must call in and apply leave.

side stand also, don't wanna come back to a bike on its side, do you?

Following my suay incident, i sending the bike to get the important parts changed. throttle cable, brake pads and brake lines. After which, will send for respray.

I've decided on the color, white and blue but will be in a different pattern. something like those on a Ford Mustang GT 500.

more money fly away looooooooooo

Open up your starter switch housing and tried using a fine sand paper to sand the contact, I bet the contacts are bad.

Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750

http://www.motorvoordelig.nl/images/laser/pics_hot_kaw_z750_04-.jpg

My Z750 DIY Page

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

04 Z750 Specification

http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

Anyone know where to get front mudguard extender? Like those from brand Pyramid :smile:

seen a few in ebay. Wanna try them?

better get them changed. sucks to have the cable snap when you on the way to work, must call in and apply leave.

side stand also, don't wanna come back to a bike on its side, do you?

Following my suay incident, i sending the bike to get the important parts changed. throttle cable, brake pads and brake lines. After which, will send for respray.

I've decided on the color, white and blue but will be in a different pattern. something like those on a Ford Mustang GT 500.

more money fly away looooooooooo

Ford Mustang GT, u bet its a good choice for your impulse! The race stripe are in decal or paint? Have an sample pictures?

Found this (*http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/impulse_z/index.html) impulse 400, I heard the bike using Brembo brake calipers like Honda VER S?

Must find a time sent the vehicle down and get it done lor! At time they are a time bomb ticking, don't know when gonna break down!

Open up your starter switch housing and tried using a fine sand paper to sand the contact, I bet the contacts are bad.

Ok I'll try hopefully can take them out successfully, last time round I tried using WD40 on the switch it works sometime... last incident, no matter how I just can't start it... until I put up the stand and ok.

Edited by mild_slevin

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

maybe can try contact cleaner?

That Impulse is the Special Edition 2008 model. not too sure what components is changed, but engine frame and chassis is the same.

maybe can try contact cleaner?

That Impulse is the Special Edition 2008 model. not too sure what components is changed, but engine frame and chassis is the same.

yah hor, I almost forgot about contact cleaner... where can I get them? Actually there's quite a few 400 st-fighter around... but didn't gain much popularity.

SO impulse still in production till today? Maybe fuel injection?

nope, impulse stopped production in 2008. the SE was meant to be the last commerative one. as far as i know.

yah hor, I almost forgot about contact cleaner... where can I get them? Actually there's quite a few 400 st-fighter around... but didn't gain much popularity.

SO impulse still in production till today? Maybe fuel injection?

Mustafa got sell, still you need to open up your starter switch to spray, might as well save the $ and use sand paper more effective.

Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750

http://www.motorvoordelig.nl/images/laser/pics_hot_kaw_z750_04-.jpg

My Z750 DIY Page

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

04 Z750 Specification

http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

Mustafa got sell, still you need to open up your starter switch to spray, might as well save the $ and use sand paper more effective.

certainly, shall tried it out... but need to search for proper tools... don't have a proper tool kit!

Guys,

i tried the wd-40 on my exhaust headers. doesn't do anything except cover it in a layer of oil. LOL.

I'm gonna try the oven cleaner next.

I went to carrefour and saw 2 types for sale. one is oven cleaner, the other is stainless steel and copper pot cleaner. The oven cleaner think is in liquid form while the pot cleaner is powder form.

makes sense to get the pot cleaner because it is also exposed to high heat like our exhaust. both going around 5sgd.

gonna try out on cool exhaust first then hot exhaust, see if it does make the browning go away.

else gonna have to resort to Blue Job from the US of A.

Think u can send the header for chrome..

Maybe.. can get all the hornets to gather...

List your Bike:

Hornet 900

1. Spectrum

2. Rage My Dreams

3. Eric

Hornet 600

Hornet 250

1. Fazri

We get a group.. we meet again..

Edited by Spectrum

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/2100spectrum/logo/Signature23.jpg

Home of the Hornets

Street Smart

Hi All, thought I do a post... cos my Hornet 900 is coming 10yrs old...

And it's still looking & handling Great!

Hope all of u are enjoying yours...

Hi! Didn't expect seeing ur post here... read about u on the first few posting of this thread. Same my CB900F coming to 10 yrs too, yeah despite aging still rock as ever!

When u guys intend to meet?

Guys,

i tried the wd-40 on my exhaust headers. doesn't do anything except cover it in a layer of oil. LOL.

I went to carrefour and saw 2 types for sale. one is oven cleaner, the other is stainless steel and copper pot cleaner. The oven cleaner think is in liquid form while the pot cleaner is powder form.

makes sense to get the pot cleaner because it is also exposed to high heat like our exhaust. both going around 5sgd.

gonna try out on cool exhaust first then hot exhaust, see if it does make the browning go away.

nope WD40 ain't gonna help, but getting rid of grease its very handy! I gone through the advertiser thread, there's someone selling polish for unpainted surface the review seems good. :)

Autosol can polish it but still not able to get a good finishing!

Hi All, thought I do a post... cos my Hornet 900 is coming 10yrs old...

And it's still looking & handling Great!

Hope all of u are enjoying yours...

Hi! Didn't expect seeing ur post here... read about u on the first few posting of this thread. Same my CB900F coming to 10 yrs too, yeah despite aging still rock as ever!

When u guys intend to meet?

Guys,

nope WD40 ain't gonna help, but getting rid of grease its very handy! I gone through the advertiser thread, there's someone selling polish for unpainted surface the review seems good. :)

Autosol can polish it but still not able to get a good finishing!

Will be trying out the oven cleaner when i have the time.

recently finished tuning and cleaning the carbs. response is much smoother now. not as rough as before. balanced the carb also.

ahhhhh, miss the feeling of riding a correctly tuned bike.

Will be trying out the oven cleaner when i have the time.

recently finished tuning and cleaning the carbs. response is much smoother now. not as rough as before. balanced the carb also.

ahhhhh, miss the feeling of riding a correctly tuned bike.

Hahaha... I can understand, I love bike with superior response too... slight twist of the throttle & off u go!

Been thinking where else I can improve my ride.... looking at handle bar, brake pad... Not sure of the steering damper should I have one?

Does impulse has aftermarket pipe?

yes, there is aftermarket pipe. Beet, WR's, and Yoshi full system. order in from japan brand new yoshi is around 1-2k. beets and wr's 2nd hand from 100bucks to 500 bucks.

certification is gonna be a b!tch so i'm not thinking of getting it, and i like how the stock exhaust look. like a trumpet. maybe i take out the baffle la. such a rare bike i don't think LTA even know how stock sounds also.

Brake pads change when the material is gone ah, or when it's making the noise. i just changed mine also, front 2 from Ferodo, rear one from SBS. total cost 65 from Planet. but be careful ah, brake pads need breaking in.

What about stainless steel brake hose? 170 for 3 lines. improves brake feel. was planning on getting it but since the brakes are good enough for me right now, i suppose i can save the cash for derusting tank and spray painting.

I also looking at handlebar as well, stock one quite narrow, aftermarket tend to be wider and lower, better position.

steering damper no need la, not track junkie right? quite expensive also.

look at hornet accessories ah. bellypan, head cowl, brighter bulbs, led lights, radiator mesh!