[Group] HONDA Hornets' Nest 250/600/900

Motrax33

which one will u take?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. which one will u take?

its a 98 impulse. they are 400cc bikes. same horsepower as super 4 because this was back in the day when japan limited 400cc bikes to 53bhp.

but an aftermarket cdi will take care of it.

looks wise, very retro la, i like.

meet up soon! got no gang to hang out with because can't find other impulse riders.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

• Replies 14.1k

its a 98 impulse. they are 400cc bikes. same horsepower as super 4 because this was back in the day when japan limited 400cc bikes to 53bhp.

but an aftermarket cdi will take care of it.

looks wise, very retro la, i like.

meet up soon! got no gang to hang out with because can't find other impulse riders.

what's the new figure aft you pop in the new cdi?

the loooks of it quite different from CB400, seems familar guess I bump into one during my bike service...

LOL, I love my current ride was a good blend between classic and modern... despite a st bike but very sporty!

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

Opps I missed your post, I can be reached at 81688484 if u wanna go top up petrol. I was hopping there will be a hornet 250 meet up to learn more at the bike. I am a 4 stroke idiot ...

Riding a 2004 Hornet 599.

Any Hornet rider's up for a ride/kopi session? @mild_slevin @thomie @CSV @takumi18 @Andrewkiasu @rykros @piggyfeng@rollabyka @RageMyDream

FZ150 > Engine seized / no engine oil

LC125 > Bike scrapped due to ownership issue

LC125 > Bought bike back into room and did a bottom end overhaul

RD350 LC > Bought bike into room for 2 years for re build

DT200R > Bike went reverse due to retarded ignition timing

RXZ135 > survived and sold the bike

Hornet 250F > Stuck at TPE and pushed 1.8 KM cuz ran out of fuel

what's the new figure aft you pop in the new cdi?

the loooks of it quite different from CB400, seems familar guess I bump into one during my bike service...

LOL, I love my current ride was a good blend between classic and modern... despite a st bike but very sporty!

should be around 60bhp? not too sure.

but the bike is already powerful the way it is. just need some cosmetic touch up and restorations. meet up soon!

Opps I missed your post, I can be reached at 81688484 if u wanna go top up petrol. I was hopping there will be a hornet 250 meet up to learn more at the bike. I am a 4 stroke idiot ...

so long time permit, arrangement for short trip n makan is feasible!

should be around 60bhp? not too sure.

but the bike is already powerful the way it is. just need some cosmetic touch up and restorations. meet up soon!

So what's ur idea in touch up & restoration? I'm pretty inspired by racing stripes for st-bikes!

60bhp a pretty good figure... the headers seems to be stainless steel, pretty shiny too.

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

so long time permit, arrangement for short trip n makan is feasible!

So what's ur idea in touch up & restoration? I'm pretty inspired by racing stripes for st-bikes!

60bhp a pretty good figure... the headers seems to be stainless steel, pretty shiny too.

List of things to do on the bike include

1) New paint job. Blue with white racing stripe along the entire length.

2) New shocks, KYB, importing from Japan used.

3) Customised radiator mesh

4) Brighter bulb for headlamp

5) Centre Stand to be installed

6) General servicing which includes, EO, plugs, coolant, brakes, clutch

7) tyres to be replaced

8) New handlebar grips

9) New Mirrors

10) Carbon fibre sticker the steering yoke to cover the scratches

11) Carbon fibre sticker on fuel cap

12) Relocate the IU to side

13) Clean up the wires and connections to fuse box.

14) Rear hugger

15) Adding rear pillion grab rail and grips under the rear panel.

16) Forks need to be drained of oil, previous owner overfilled.

Quite an extensive list. and i'm doing it most of the work myself. Save cost. Of course, this is what i aim to do to finish up the restoration of the bike. Just spent 6 hours cleaning the bike after taking over it the other day. dirty as hell, especially the sprocket and chain alone.

Headers from the side are shiny, they're good to go. but the exhaust side where it connects to the engine is starting to discolor. thinking to either spray black or re chrome.

any suggestions or ideas?

Edited by CSV

List of things to do on the bike include

1) New paint job. Blue with white racing stripe along the entire length.

2) New shocks, KYB, importing from Japan used.

3) Customised radiator mesh

4) Brighter bulb for headlamp

5) Centre Stand to be installed

6) General servicing which includes, EO, plugs, coolant, brakes, clutch

7) tyres to be replaced

8) New handlebar grips

9) New Mirrors

10) Carbon fibre sticker the steering yoke to cover the scratches

11) Carbon fibre sticker on fuel cap

12) Relocate the IU to side

13) Clean up the wires and connections to fuse box.

14) Rear hugger

15) Adding rear pillion grab rail and grips under the rear panel.

16) Forks need to be drained of oil, previous owner overfilled.

Quite an extensive list. and i'm doing it most of the work myself. Save cost. Of course, this is what i aim to do to finish up the restoration of the bike. Just spent 6 hours cleaning the bike after taking over it the other day. dirty as hell, especially the sprocket and chain alone.

Headers from the side are shiny, they're good to go. but the exhaust side where it connects to the engine is starting to discolor. thinking to either spray black or re chrome.

any suggestions or ideas?

wah you spend 6 hrs? a day time just cleaning up???? scary!

where you gonna get the radiator mesh?

same my connecting pipes from exhaust to headers are dull in color too... or you wanna try polishing it?

wah you spend 6 hrs? a day time just cleaning up???? scary!

where you gonna get the radiator mesh?

same my connecting pipes from exhaust to headers are dull in color too... or you wanna try polishing it?

Yeah, i'm the type of guy who can spend a whole day fixing up the bike. just that crazy over it. leave me in a garage and a bike and i'm happy. A beer would be good too.

not so soon though on the mesh, its available on the CMO thread by GodSendworx. just blew quite an amount on servicing the bike with Planet Motors, happened to be another impulse there scrapped. So i asked ah chong to swap the suspension and centre stand to mine. Easy job, better than importing the used one from Japan and then having to send it to be rebuilt. But the bike feels good now. mechanical wise, its pretty much done and through. Only thing left to do on it is the cosmetic works.

The exhaust headers ah.....abit troublesome. I tried steel wool and autosol and it didn't do anything. I am tempted to try the Master Formula Metal Polish in the CMO thread, but still unsure. Aside from spraying it black, the other method is to re-chrome it.

so no more new hornet 250??

Quite interested in this rare bike....

no more new one. Used one are still available time to time. there's a unit in Loois Motor, and 2 available online at sgbikemart. price range 3 - 4k.

Loois one the condition quite ok what. very bad meh?

i wanted to buy it but Uncle wanted 4k for it. which is way too ex for a bike with coe ending in 2013.

sgbikemart!

Its the grey color one right?? The bike has bald tyres, cracked headlights, dent on tank.. The paint is quite bad as well.. Seems like the previous owner didnt really take care of the bike.. Sgbikemart all sold..

my two babes..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/malex_sky/signature.jpg

hot babes...

My way of rechroming my header was to sand it down and then buff it to shine.. Wonder if theres any cheap chrome sealant in the market beside ceramic coating..

my two babes..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/malex_sky/signature.jpg

hot babes...

no la! the one at loois is blue in colour, with grip pads on the side of the tank. FW plate. with GPR pipe.

did you go to the 2nd level where the used bikes are? it's all the way at the corner on the right hand side of the shop floor.

so no more new hornet 250??

Quite interested in this rare bike....

yup no more, the last 250cc with 4 in line engine!

Yeah, i'm the type of guy who can spend a whole day fixing up the bike. just that crazy over it. leave me in a garage and a bike and i'm happy. A beer would be good too.

not so soon though on the mesh, its available on the CMO thread by GodSendworx. just blew quite an amount on servicing the bike with Planet Motors, happened to be another impulse there scrapped. So i asked ah chong to swap the suspension and centre stand to mine. Easy job, better than importing the used one from Japan and then having to send it to be rebuilt. But the bike feels good now. mechanical wise, its pretty much done and through. Only thing left to do on it is the cosmetic works.

The exhaust headers ah.....abit troublesome. I tried steel wool and autosol and it didn't do anything. I am tempted to try the Master Formula Metal Polish in the CMO thread, but still unsure. Aside from spraying it black, the other method is to re-chrome it.

no more new one. Used one are still available time to time. there's a unit in Loois Motor, and 2 available online at sgbikemart. price range 3 - 4k.

haha no choice wanna have the best on ur ride ma... oh GodSendWorx heard about it, has yet try out their service... my radiator cover crack and wrap guess due to high temperature around the header area.

I found lot of particles sticking onto my header, find it hard to remove them... any opinion? Autosol polishing is great... tried myself on some part of the bike and it works well. The same manufacturer came out with plastic polish, works pretty well too... especially on those non matt colors!

yup no more, the last 250cc with 4 in line engine!

haha no choice wanna have the best on ur ride ma... oh GodSendWorx heard about it, has yet try out their service... my radiator cover crack and wrap guess due to high temperature around the header area.

I found lot of particles sticking onto my header, find it hard to remove them... any opinion? Autosol polishing is great... tried myself on some part of the bike and it works well. The same manufacturer came out with plastic polish, works pretty well too... especially on those non matt colors!

never tried the plastic polish before. meet up for a polish and wash? i seriously have no idea how to clean headers, because of the high temp. only viable method like mentioned earlier is to rechrome or spray black. cause the headers will discolour with time. unless you plan to get titanium headers. KA CHING!

haha shiny sparking clean header a rider pride man... I love doing it despite it take me hell a long time.

How's the project going so far?

Anyone has lobang or know of anyone selling Hornet 600 (after 2007) and any idea what's the price for new otr??

Edited by eugeneg

haha shiny sparking clean header a rider pride man... I love doing it despite it take me hell a long time.

How's the project going so far?

got new shocks installed already! so nice, popped by to Ah chong at Planet for servicing and happened to be an Impulse there scrapping. So i swapped out the parts i needed from the old rustbucket impulse (left in open for 1 year, never start. condition very bad. feel even worse for the bike).

Parts i salvaged include the KYB suspension, Meter cover, center stand and side covers.

Ah chong charged me quite abit for the used suspension, and they leaked oil about 4 days later. Now is with him for rebuilding, gonna get him to charge me cheaper since he said it was just serviced one.

Popped open the front sprocket cover the other weekend and it was as dirty as the rear sprocket before i cleaned them. A generous amout of degreasing and scrubbing took care of most of the grime inside. Learned abit about the bike as well, adjustable gear lever position, the clutch mechanism etc etc. interesting.

I recomend Muc-Off degreaser, 12 bucks for a big can. effective in cleaning the engine grime away, those black sticky ****. used up 75 percent already from cleaning this bike........

Aside from that, i'm still waiting on parts from Japan because some of the stuff i wanted has been delisted. waiting for relisting before i buy and ship them all over.

Long long long way to go.

this resto project really poisoning me deep.

now i am tempted to switch out the stock brake calipers for the gold painted one found on S4. Need to check if they fit first though.

Another issue i noticed is that my brake disc paint is dull, no longer bright or shiny. Perhaps will clean off the brake dust and see if it helps. Else, have to repaint again.

I wish I was in my garage back in Malaysia, where I can easily do anything with the bike, with all the tools i have. Over here, i have no space, no time and no tools.

now i am tempted to switch out the stock brake calipers for the gold painted one found on S4. Need to check if they fit first though.

Another issue i noticed is that my brake disc paint is dull, no longer bright or shiny. Perhaps will clean off the brake dust and see if it helps. Else, have to repaint again.

I wish I was in my garage back in Malaysia, where I can easily do anything with the bike, with all the tools i have. Over here, i have no space, no time and no tools.

Anyone has lobang or know of anyone selling Hornet 600 (after 2007) and any idea what's the price for new otr??

Several yrs back, I'm quoted somewhere less than 20K for Hornet 600. Uncertain of the price now, but really a head turner!

got new shocks installed already! so nice, popped by to Ah chong at Planet for servicing and happened to be an Impulse there scrapping. So i swapped out the parts i needed from the old rustbucket impulse (left in open for 1 year, never start. condition very bad. feel even worse for the bike).

Parts i salvaged include the KYB suspension, Meter cover, center stand and side covers.

Ah chong charged me quite abit for the used suspension, and they leaked oil about 4 days later. Now is with him for rebuilding, gonna get him to charge me cheaper since he said it was just serviced one.

Popped open the front sprocket cover the other weekend and it was as dirty as the rear sprocket before i cleaned them. A generous amout of degreasing and scrubbing took care of most of the grime inside. Learned abit about the bike as well, adjustable gear lever position, the clutch mechanism etc etc. interesting.

I recomend Muc-Off degreaser, 12 bucks for a big can. effective in cleaning the engine grime away, those black sticky ****. used up 75 percent already from cleaning this bike........

Aside from that, i'm still waiting on parts from Japan because some of the stuff i wanted has been delisted. waiting for relisting before i buy and ship them all over.

Long long long way to go.

Suspension leak? Broken seal? That's bad man, gonna affect the compression lor! Does CB400F showa shock able to help? Sad seening some bike left to "rot" under the harsh weather.

Heard of "Muc-Off" too, ain't sure how effective is it... seems like u got a first hand review on the product! Where u get them?

I saw alot of mod from USA, seriously poisoning and making me feel more itchy...

I think issue would be mounting, the bracket may or not fit well. It would affect the distance of the caliper to disc, feedback might not be well enough. Ur brake disc was painted before? Ain't most OEM disc non painted?

yeap, suspension oil leak. must be because it was left in the open for 1 year, must have rusted or rotted the seals. no worries. rebuildable. Ah chong is working on it as i am typing this.

Muc-off from Motoworld, seriously good. I was considering kerosene to clean the chain but tried the muc-off degreaser first so that i can use it to clean other parts as well. works really good. gets rid of the engine grime pretty well.

The part where the disc comes into contact with the brake pad is non-painted. but i was talking about the inner diameter of the discbrake, the centre area. Might is gold but has dulled away. thinking of how to get it restored back to matte gold again.

Jialat. still planning to wrap the forks gold colour as well. it's like i'm trying to convert the bike to be s4. lol.

Also thinking of what colour to repaint the bike. White/Blue or Black/Blue?

2002_GSX400-Impulse-S_top_M.jpg

In this pattern.

yeap, suspension oil leak. must be because it was left in the open for 1 year, must have rusted or rotted the seals. no worries. rebuildable. Ah chong is working on it as i am typing this.

Muc-off from Motoworld, seriously good. I was considering kerosene to clean the chain but tried the muc-off degreaser first so that i can use it to clean other parts as well. works really good. gets rid of the engine grime pretty well.

The part where the disc comes into contact with the brake pad is non-painted. but i was talking about the inner diameter of the discbrake, the centre area. Might is gold but has dulled away. thinking of how to get it restored back to matte gold again.

Jialat. still planning to wrap the forks gold colour as well. it's like i'm trying to convert the bike to be s4. lol.

Also thinking of what colour to repaint the bike. White/Blue or Black/Blue?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]240529[/ATTACH]

In this pattern.

I love the color theme shown in the picture, considering having it on my bike ;p but wish to keep it clear too

But still able to get new set of suspension for impulse? If seal the only problem that would be fine... the rear shock is canister type rite? Can consider getting "Muc-Off" for myself, try keeping the bike as it is... identity of Impulse must be present. Unless u're in for something super custom?