SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] HONDA Hornets' Nest 250/600/900

Motrax33

which one will u take?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. which one will u take?

I dont own a hornet but this is what i gathered from the net and my friends.. Eo 2400ml.. How long you change is up to you.. Usually i change at 3500km.. 4500km for fully synth.. Fc ive seen from this forum is about 16kpl highest to 23kpl lowest.. Hopefully the info is right.. Do correct me if im wrong.. Anyway, both is a rare bike and i would go for the hornet.. Its up to you which bike feels comfortable to u..

my two babes..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/malex_sky/signature.jpg

hot babes...

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From wat i hv gathered also, the fc for impulse seems to b better than hornet. Impulse is ard 20-25km/l. So the next thing to b considered is the maintanence. How much will b spent on regular servicing n stuff. N also impulse is an older bike than hornet. I like both..impulSe for the retro looks, hornet fr its racy look.

do take note the hornet rear tire is 180 size ah. and the front rim is 16 inch, so you have quite limited selection for tyres.

the hornet 250 has exactly the same chassis as the 600, just a smaller engine.

inline 4 engine as well so same as impulse.

i was also interested in hornet before getting my impulse. reason being, for the cost totalled up, owning the impulse makes more sense, and i managed to find the impulse there and then.

there's a unit at loois motor for sale, do check it out. comes with GPR pipe.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

cost to buy, cause for me. insurance for hornet and impulse is exactly the same.

then i compare between the 2, parts wise, impulse slightly easier to get my hands on, though hornet has a big following in Taiwan, so you can get parts from there.

engine wise, the hornet and impulse share same config, both are inline 4. but hornet is 250cc only.

looks wise, hornet wins, but i look at more than just looks la. power also required. so i settled for the impulse. so far, i am satisfied with it. aside from the wear and tear items giving me problems and spare parts hard to find, the power is there, smooth and overtaking is easy. perfect for sg roads. no need for class 2 also.

the hornet is no slow poke either, 40hp from a 250cc means it can beat any modern 250cc parallel twin bikes. but fuel consmption is higher as well.

Saw a nice looking Suzuki Impulse near Dunlop street, very nice paintwork.

Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750

http://www.motorvoordelig.nl/images/laser/pics_hot_kaw_z750_04-.jpg

My Z750 DIY Page

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

04 Z750 Specification

http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

all black?

i saw one all black near beach road army market. gonna leave a message sometime soon.

yes, there is aftermarket pipe. Beet, WR's, and Yoshi full system. order in from japan brand new yoshi is around 1-2k. beets and wr's 2nd hand from 100bucks to 500 bucks.

certification is gonna be a b!tch so i'm not thinking of getting it, and i like how the stock exhaust look. like a trumpet. maybe i take out the baffle la. such a rare bike i don't think LTA even know how stock sounds also.

Brake pads change when the material is gone ah, or when it's making the noise. i just changed mine also, front 2 from Ferodo, rear one from SBS. total cost 65 from Planet. but be careful ah, brake pads need breaking in.

What about stainless steel brake hose? 170 for 3 lines. improves brake feel. was planning on getting it but since the brakes are good enough for me right now, i suppose i can save the cash for derusting tank and spray painting.

I also looking at handlebar as well, stock one quite narrow, aftermarket tend to be wider and lower, better position.

steering damper no need la, not track junkie right? quite expensive also.

look at hornet accessories ah. bellypan, head cowl, brighter bulbs, led lights, radiator mesh!

impulse got quite a number of choice in exhaust, I seen quite a list for Hornet too but like ya mention getting them LTA friendly gonna burn big in ur pocket! Not all stock exhaust end can baffle can be removed I guess? But I did saw on Yoshimura site, there's option for re-packing the can.

From an angle I saw the front rim & caliper covered with dust... guess its contributed from the brake pad, wanna get some tools remove the pad and caliper and scrub them up! Guys any place where I can get a decent tool set?

Have you got urs radiator mesh? Haha I pretty enjoy it being naked! But shrouds and belly pan does makes her feel even better!

guys, i have a slight problem mayb with my fi. i think normally it switches off after you turn on the ignition but seemingly i can hear the whirring sound while on the go. is it just me or does the sound remain switched on?

U referring to Hornet 900? For my case the FI shouldn't lit up when engine cut off switch was OFF, ignition to ON position. *right when you switch ignition to ON position, you should hear a whirring sound. Once the sound end, the LED indicator on your dash would goes off Except oil pressure indicator. When engine cut off switch was ON, ignition to ON position. FI and HISS would lit up.

cost to buy, cause for me. insurance for hornet and impulse is exactly the same.

then i compare between the 2, parts wise, impulse slightly easier to get my hands on, though hornet has a big following in Taiwan, so you can get parts from there.

engine wise, the hornet and impulse share same config, both are inline 4. but hornet is 250cc only.

looks wise, hornet wins, but i look at more than just looks la. power also required. so i settled for the impulse. so far, i am satisfied with it. aside from the wear and tear items giving me problems and spare parts hard to find, the power is there, smooth and overtaking is easy. perfect for sg roads. no need for class 2 also.

the hornet is no slow poke either, 40hp from a 250cc means it can beat any modern 250cc parallel twin bikes. but fuel consmption is higher as well.

but u can see some difference when u're paying ur road tax.

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

yeah, road tax for this bike 165 per year.

got my mesh installed last night. will post pics soon. as well as general pics to show the things i done since taking over.

all black?

i saw one all black near beach road army market. gonna leave a message sometime soon.

Nope its maroon, black and gold with a very retro design paintwork, couldn;t stop to take pic.

My Z750 DIY Page

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

04 Z750 Specification

hmm, think i'll sort mine out first before sending it for spraypaint as the last thing to be done.

after that, it'll be pristine. blue and white classic suzuki paintjob.

@mild_slevin,

got my radiator mesh done. check my siggy. good service from godsend also.

U referring to Hornet 900? For my case the FI shouldn't lit up when engine cut off switch was OFF, ignition to ON position. *right when you switch ignition to ON position, you should hear a whirring sound. Once the sound end, the LED indicator on your dash would goes off Except oil pressure indicator. When engine cut off switch was ON, ignition to ON position. FI and HISS would lit up.

Yup, the whirring sounds seems to be on for a while. is it cause for worry or just old age. my hornet 600 is coming to about 5yrs old.

@mild_slevin,

got my radiator mesh done. check my siggy. good service from godsend also.

cool, I should plan to get one... so far how you find the mesh?

Yup, the whirring sounds seems to be on for a while. is it cause for worry or just old age. my hornet 600 is coming to about 5yrs old.

does your a carb operated Hornet 600?

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

cool, I should plan to get one... so far how you find the mesh?

does your a carb operated Hornet 600?

No bro, mine the 07 fi model.

Am thinking of going in to top up petrol n give the bike a wash in jb tonight. Anyone else wants to go? Drop me a line at 92272260. Am thinking of going in ard 10.

its actually more of cosmetic than any actual real benefit.

if your radiator does not have the wire to actually protect it, then i strongly suggest to get one.

if yours already came with the wire mesh to protect the radiator fins, then you don't actually need it unless you want some personlisation on the bike.

No bro, mine the 07 fi model.

Am thinking of going in to top up petrol n give the bike a wash in jb tonight. Anyone else wants to go? Drop me a line at 92272260. Am thinking of going in ard 10.

oh you riding a new version of Hornet 6, did your problem solved? I suggest you look into wiring... the ECU might be awaiting for feedback signal?

Why don't ya wash urself? Its kinda fun doin it!

its actually more of cosmetic than any actual real benefit.

if your radiator does not have the wire to actually protect it, then i strongly suggest to get one.

if yours already came with the wire mesh to protect the radiator fins, then you don't actually need it unless you want some personlisation on the bike.

OEM it came with a girdle on the radiator, but the opening too big I can see there's lots of mud and stone stuck into the fin. Having a hard time removing them. Guess the flow interrupted since the path were blocked :(

then probably i advise to get, cause the mesh is finer and will be able to block more sand and dirt. Godsend will also help you clean your radiator too!

Hi Rocketman2 & Mild_Slevin....

Looks like not that many Hornets to meet up here...

:p

So.. Catch u all @ moto-v.sg

Be a breakfast ride to Kulai(40km) coming Saturday.

Like to go for a run... See all of u @ 2nd link Petronas 8.30am 26th May.

Breakfast be good.. 110 kmh along 2nd link... can decide where to go after breakfast.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/2100spectrum/logo/Signature23.jpg

Home of the Hornets

Street Smart

Hi Rocketman2 & Mild_Slevin....

Looks like not that many Hornets to meet up here...

:p

So.. Catch u all @ moto-v.sg

Be a breakfast ride to Kulai(40km) coming Saturday.

Like to go for a run... See all of u @ 2nd link Petronas 8.30am 26th May.

Breakfast be good.. 110 kmh along 2nd link... can decide where to go after breakfast.

Would join you guys only if I am not working this saturday.

My Z750 DIY Page

04 Z750 Specification

Guys,

I tried polishing the headers with the Stainless Steel Pot Cleaners. Doesn't work at all. it's in powder form and when i tried to use it to clean, doesn't work.

Or maybe i need to leave it there for some time for it to attack the bronzing. or maybe it should be used on hot exhaust.

I don't know. WD 40 doesnt work, steel wool doesn't work.

Last resort is oven cleaner, to remove the melted rubber and the bronzing. I hope it works this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Csv, what i usually do is sand it down till you see the bare metal and start polishing with autosol.. The method that always works for me.. After that you have to really polish often cos the rust comes back damm fast..

my two babes..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/malex_sky/signature.jpg

hot babes...