SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

BMW Motorcycles

Drawmer

Three days ago in Thailand Hatyai, SG motorcyclist wonderland. :p

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/Daryous/HBW%202007/HatYaiFloods.jpg

think my GS wont do the job, my yamaha would be a better choice...

http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/yamaha_round_nose_supajet_personal_water_craft_boat.jpg

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

Timing chain & tensioner is still easy to solve and relatively cheap.

I can't say for piston jam. The good thing is that boxer is a very simple engine. Rarely hear cases of boxer seizing unless shortage of Engine oil but almost all riders know most boxer engines 'eat' oil, more or less.

U got to access all the valves, rocker arms, block, etc condition before u can make a gauge on how much it cost. I am guessing a couple of grands is inevitable.

Good luck!

:cool:

K bros latest update this might be my last thread on BMW :-(

My RT need to stip to bone. (timing chain burst/ all the chain guard damage/chain for the fuel pump damage/ABS syatem faulty/Clutch plate worn) thats just the first inspection don't know what come next? I onlw barely the bike for 3 weeks in SINGAPORE road....if you were in my position how do you guys feel....:-(So sorry guys just couldn't get over the shocking news...so sorry for my ignorance...

A rider is always a rider.....:cool:

My RT need to stip to bone. (timing chain burst/ all the chain guard damage/chain for the fuel pump damage/ABS syatem faulty/Clutch plate worn) thats just the first inspection don't know what come next? I onlw barely the bike for 3 weeks in SINGAPORE road....if you were in my position how do you guys feel....:-(So sorry guys just couldn't get over the shocking news...so sorry for my ignorance...

so are u going to 1. repair it?

2. scrap it?

3. others?

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=90&pictureid=3431

I believe in Value for My HaRD EARN MOOlah

Good question...the bike left 2 year to go and the major price can bring out a brand new bike..let's be practical..i didn't use that much to get such headache,,,,,...

1 more stupid question who did u buy it from?

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=90&pictureid=3431

I believe in Value for My HaRD EARN MOOlah

Bro fazil

Which year RT? What's the mileage on the clock?

http://yempaulantonio.blogspot.sg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/409306_10150499195852552_676382551_8519348_2125283426_n.jpg

2002 Rt the millage is 190000 when i took it.....

I didn't buy from shop i bought it from owner...now the bike still at the shop waiting for my instruction to strip ...my heart feel very heavy weather should i came out with so much money to repair a bike which i barely ride or not :-(

2002 Rt the millage is 190000 when i took it.....

I didn't buy from shop i bought it from owner...now the bike still at the shop waiting for my instruction to strip ...my heart feel very heavy weather should i came out with so much money to repair a bike which i barely ride or not :-(

Hiya,

2002 RT = R1150 engine? Basically your engine needs rebuilding or replacement; I know that a fellow rider did that and it came to about $3,000 for a secondhand replacement engine' rebuilding should be cheaper. Clutch parts are quite cheap; it is usually the labour that kills; but you are already at engine removal anyway. Same with fuel pump. As for the ABS, I'll remove it and reduce it to conventional braking system (I hate the servo system anyway). While you are here, re-condition the wiring harness which should be tatty by now.

A lot really depends on what you want; put in the money and know exactly what is underneath your bike, or part out the bike and hope to recoup your financial loss. If you really want to ride a beemer, do not let this deter you; analyse what went wrong that led to this experience and evaluate that it is due to manufacturing / reliability issues.

Most of us save some money by ordering parts from overseas, see if that is possible with the shop; might save you some money there. Get quotes on the labour if that will also help. Try to wrench the minor jobs yourself if the shop allows that to help reduce cost.

Good luck.

Cheers

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg

Hi Fazil,

Google for ur engine model and run thru as many pages of the Results Pages as you can. Believe i saw ur engine model up for sale in some webbies.

Easier to find a much older 2nd-hand engine in the net. I found my 2009 transmission gearbox in the UK after running thru many pages of the Results Pages. Was pleasantly surprised to find a year old gearbox mind you.

Urs could be an easier search. Take heart.

the pound and the dollar has dropped so it maybe a good time to get parts from overseas.

for new parts, i tend to go to the UK as they are really fast in sending the stuff i need and we do not need to pay VAT as well.

breakers in the UK or ebay are a great place to start your search.

I am also removing my ABS unit, i hate electronics

Good luck.

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzitech.dk/english/index.htm

1981 dt125

"its bad but not too bad"

Hiya,

2002 RT = R1150 engine? Basically your engine needs rebuilding or replacement; I know that a fellow rider did that and it came to about $3,000 for a secondhand replacement engine' rebuilding should be cheaper. Clutch parts are quite cheap; it is usually the labour that kills; but you are already at engine removal anyway. Same with fuel pump. As for the ABS, I'll remove it and reduce it to conventional braking system (I hate the servo system anyway). While you are here, re-condition the wiring harness which should be tatty by now.

A lot really depends on what you want; put in the money and know exactly what is underneath your bike, or part out the bike and hope to recoup your financial loss. If you really want to ride a beemer, do not let this deter you; analyse what went wrong that led to this experience and evaluate that it is due to manufacturing / reliability issues.

Most of us save some money by ordering parts from overseas, see if that is possible with the shop; might save you some money there. Get quotes on the labour if that will also help. Try to wrench the minor jobs yourself if the shop allows that to help reduce cost.

Good luck.

Cheers

Cat

Thanks bro your words is really powerful, but i have to come to the term to part off with the bike as i my self doesn't really know the bike...Thanks to all the bro

Thanks bro your words is really powerful, but i have to come to the term to part off with the bike as i my self doesn't really know the bike...Thanks to all the bro

IMHO, to be happy owning a BMW means having to know the bike. A hands-off ownership is possible but you must have a good mechanic and money to fuel the servicing and maintenance. A Japanese machine requires less TLC, in my view.

Don't let the experience deter you, these machines once sorted are great.

Cheers

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg

Haha... I find that BMW need the same amount of tlc then jap bike.. But the plus, is tht it Just need to change the engine oil on time and the rest will be check some regular parts regularly and that is it. I find that BMW doesn't have the prob of valve or any troublesome engine prob.

Example like my bro's fazer 1k only Abt 1 year old the engine got this noise that noise and doesn't feel good this and that. Mech told him to do valve clearance and some others. Mileage Abt 8k km only. Haiz.

BMW does really build to last and the money is almost well justify in sg. Basically it's the price which pml mark up which prevented many to own it, mark up in term of both bike price and price for maintaining it with pml.

:cheeky:My First Bike - phantom 150 - Dec 1999, CBR 400 RN - 2003, Honda Wave -2003, Super4 Spec II -2004, Fazer 6 S2 - May 2007, SilverWing 400 Euro - Feb 2010, BMW R1200ST - July 2010, R1200GS(LC) - Oct 2017:cool: