SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Advice on full-face helmets pleaaaasseeee!~

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HJC CL-ST la. 100 bucks if you go for the buddy promo.

full face, good ventilation, good quality for its price. check out motoworld website.

http://www.motoworld.com.sg/

they will also have a booth on the sbf 9th anniversary. but you need to find someone to get the helmet with you. someone like....me.

usual price is 150 sgd. do check it out.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

er..i dun think cl-st quality gd..

iam using that.imo

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

HJC CL-ST la. 100 bucks if you go for the buddy promo.

full face, good ventilation, good quality for its price. check out motoworld website.

http://www.motoworld.com.sg/

they will also have a booth on the sbf 9th anniversary. but you need to find someone to get the helmet with you. someone like....me.

usual price is 150 sgd. do check it out.

I've seen HJC helmets. Not really a fan though. I was actually deciding between Shoei, AGV and Arai. But my first helmet's an Arai Ram3 already. So i don't really think I would be considering Arai much too.

:cheeky:

I think the best way is to go down to the shops to try out the helmets as not all helmets fit your head perfectly. Some may feel cramped at the cheeks area but got space to move at the head (and a smaller sized helmet would mean more cramped at the cheeks which would be uncomfortable). So just try out the different helmets to see which helmet brand/model would be the perfect fit for your head.

FYI, I'm using the CL-ST M size but I feel that it's a bit spacious at the head area but if I take S size then it would be damn difficult to wear and remove my helmet. Just bought it too, last week. But i'll still continue wearing it as I believe it's definitely safer than wearing an open-faced helmet.

Licence

Class 3 - 03 Jul 2009

Class 2B - 28 Jul 2010

Class 2A - 27 Jun 2012

Rides

2007 Honda CBF 150 - 30 Nov 2010 (FBB 5207 D) - Sold

2006 Hyundai Getz 1.1M - 27 Jun 2012 (SGF 7187 J) - Scrapped

2000 Suzuki DRZ400SY - 20 Apr 2016 (FV XXXX D)

remember to always test the helmet u're considering to buy, for fit and sizing. like my own arai n shoei.. both r 's' size but the fit isnt exactly the same. the helmet must not be too loose nor too tight.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/wayangxjr/contrast_siggy.jpg

If weather bothers you, then try a flip up.

Dont go for those too cheapo one. They are cheap for a reason.

Of course, just make sure all the helmet linings can be washed.

Flip up? Don't you think when you actually flip it up it looks rather weird? I don't know. I don't really like it even though it will allow me to smoke and ride but i find it weird. haha

I know. Heard about it. But was looking at x-12? But after that I began to consider AGV GP-Tech. Which is better?

X-12 is nice but according to many reviewers, ventilation felt only after 30-40 mph (45-65 km/h). Lesser than that can't really feel the air coming in.

Haven't tried the X-12 but i have the x-11. Good if you're in direct airflow, but if you're riding with a deflector screen, be prepared to not have much air through the face vent, forehead and all is fine. Need to try for yourself. I have an AGV S4 and my ears are folded but with the X-11 (has ear cutouts) I have no complaints.

Another brand to consider is Premier, very light (I think selling at GMAX Race or something like that).

Just my 2 cents!

Remember, how much you value your head is how much you would spend for a helmet.

Flip up? Don't you think when you actually flip it up it looks rather weird? I don't know. I don't really like it even though it will allow me to smoke and ride but i find it weird. haha

they claimed that FU helmet are much bigger in shell size.

I'm using OGK FF4, not in your list... Personally find it light, ventilation good (tend to fog up if atmospheric temperature lower than inside) decently priced too. By the way what helmet you using now?

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

dun get filp up

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

i bought the HJC CL-ST too. after using it for awhile, i have concluded that i would rather use this "cheapo" full face helmet (at $100 only) than use my normal open-face bought at $35. the next closest-priced FF was those you could get at LAB and Regina which was too simple, too plain and really the quality is not as good as the HJC. also, i find that i'm not the type to pay a good premium for a "quality" FF any more. used to have an AGV which cost $450 but it is past it's useful safety life and you won't find me forking out a similar amount for another helmet again.

:dot:

they claimed that FU helmet are much bigger in shell size.

I'm using OGK FF4, not in your list... Personally find it light, ventilation good (tend to fog up if atmospheric temperature lower than inside) decently priced too. By the way what helmet you using now?

i was using Arai ram3, then apparently my mom gotten a free agv full-face when she bought my bike for me. Between agv gp-tech and shoei x-11/x-12, which is better?

i bought the HJC CL-ST too. after using it for awhile, i have concluded that i would rather use this "cheapo" full face helmet (at $100 only) than use my normal open-face bought at $35. the next closest-priced FF was those you could get at LAB and Regina which was too simple, too plain and really the quality is not as good as the HJC. also, i find that i'm not the type to pay a good premium for a "quality" FF any more. used to have an AGV which cost $450 but it is past it's useful safety life and you won't find me forking out a similar amount for another helmet again.

But isn't it better to get a more expensive one in terms of quality and safety? Lols. And durability too

But isn't it better to get a more expensive one in terms of quality and safety? Lols. And durability too

bro (or is it "sis") you are asking a very weird question. of course the more you pay for a helmet, you expect it to be better in terms of safety, quality, durability, etc. i really dunno where to find a "cheap" helmet that is better in all these aspects than a $700 arai or suomy.

IMO the marginal advantage you gain in every price increase, is not gonna be worth the $ (unless you have oodles of cash to spare lah that is).

i guess another way of explaining this is, if you plot a graph of helmet quality (y-axis) against the price (x-axis) it should not be a straight line, rather it should be a curve that has a gradient gradually tapering off towards the top. at that point, the more you pay for a helmet also you wont get a corresponding match in the quality.

:dot:

i wld say get the best full face helmet u can afford.. but remember to always test it 1st.. my helmet is so comfy tat i 4get i'm even wearing one.. an uncomfortable helmet wil distract u when u need to pay ur full attention on the road situation

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/wayangxjr/contrast_siggy.jpg

I would not value my head at below the $350 - 450 mark. At this price you can get decent helmets.

I have an X-11, and love it.

Flip-up not the best of either world. Much heavier and not as safe as full face.

In my opinion, I am well impressed with Premier. Very good quality and light. Decent price too. You can find them at G-Max Race on Jln Besar.

Also check out this website for safety comparisons http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

try wearing other brands then wear back Arai..

for me, Arai suits my head shape..

only bad thing about Arai is the cushion is not as soft and comfy compared to Icon..

Icon helmets had cool designs and comfy cushions..

Price range is at the $500 region..

http://www.rideicon.com/product_group.jsp?category=3427

Gearbox at Cineleisure brings in Icon Helmets..

Edited by biting_point