SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Blackbird CBR1100 XX

Guest R1szuan

Hi greysnail,

When I own this model, I also have this problem, for me , I just switch on and off the kill switch a few time and continue to ride and the blink will go off. It doesn't really bother me much because this problem does not do any harm to the bike. This problem seems like only like the '99 model EFI BB. I have never heard of 2001 & above model has this problem. Maybe it just a software problem on the ECU.

As i've mention before,when hit 3krpm,the Fi lite will appear.Reset by taking off the -tive wire from my bike for 30 mins still have wen reached 3krpm.Mebbe its time for my valve clearance.Mebbe the intake/exhaust valves is offset.I dunno.....if ECU is the problem,might as well get rid of the bike......Expeng....sive siak.:cry:

My orgasm starts at 299km/h.....

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

5th ride - CBRXX1100:thumb:

Just refuel today,2nd refueling for me. 333.4km / 18.5L = 18.2km. Good FC I suppose,could be that I jz service and cleaning of the KNN air filter......

Refer to my BB pic, 'like' the reg.no? Hee.....

close front right.jpg

92-94 (Yamaha FZ150,Suzuki Bandit,Vespa150)

98-2001 (Yamaha FZ150,Suzuki GSX-K',Yamaha Riva125,Honda X4 1300,Kawasaki ZX-11D4 ,Honda CB400 Version S,Honda Steed)

2005(Hexagon150)

2005(Yamaha Dragstar custom 400)

2006 (Honda Phantom 150)

2006-2007 ( Honda ST11)

2007 ( Honda Project Big 1)

2007 (Honda Steed VLX)

2007-2008 (Honda BlackBird CBR1100XX)

2008 (Yamaha Fazer 600 S2)

Hi there,

welcome to the BB family....sorry for the delay in reply. It normal for a HONDA to have clutch housing knocking sound, it is because the spring on the housing is undersizes, if you change to a new clutch housing, you won;t be surprise the knocking will still be there.

IMO as for analog temp gauge, when you ride in a cool day it should only at 1/4 mark, when it's hot, it should at 3/4 mark anything more then that is over heated. When you flush you radiator, try to add some waterwetter or use engine ice coolant it a better choice.

Seems like those Birdies in the State changed their clutch spring to Barnett.Dun noe whether it will surpress the noise as i've seen the spring and yes its a bit longer than the stock clutch spring.

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

Standard BB comes with 2 stock exhaust system.Most fitted with aftermarket like Yoshi full sys(1 exhaust),micron(2 exhaust) and if u wanna join the darkside,get the akrapovic which is illegal.Seriously the twin looks nicer than single phipes........(how the muscle guy pronounce pipes in the Mocca adds)

Standard headers are powerful enuff,juz change the end can shud be ok.

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

hi guys, where is the best place i can go to service my fork n rear suspension?i normally go to loois, mechanic meng kong.but he's no longer there...:cry: better still if u guys here got his contact no..

Meng tong now at Motoworld.Dats wat my fren told me.For suspension there's 1 shop near Braddell very pro doing suspension.

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

I personally like Blackbird cos of it twin exhausts each side.back in year 1999....but budget wise so gotten a ZX-11 that is also twin exhausts.

Single exhaust.hm......n no for me...but beauty in the eyes of beholder......

92-94 (Yamaha FZ150,Suzuki Bandit,Vespa150)

98-2001 (Yamaha FZ150,Suzuki GSX-K',Yamaha Riva125,Honda X4 1300,Kawasaki ZX-11D4 ,Honda CB400 Version S,Honda Steed)

2005(Hexagon150)

2005(Yamaha Dragstar custom 400)

2006 (Honda Phantom 150)

2006-2007 ( Honda ST11)

2007 ( Honda Project Big 1)

2007 (Honda Steed VLX)

2007-2008 (Honda BlackBird CBR1100XX)

2008 (Yamaha Fazer 600 S2)

Yep.So u have ur bb oredi or intend to get 1 cos i noe one guy letting go his bb for 8k.look out for the used bike sale segment.Gd catch.

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

Just got my bb dyno-ed at Unity yesterday. Ah Siong there was very helpful and i am please with the dyno results. The bike is fitted with Power Commander USB 3 and a full Yoshi system and rear wheel power rated at almost 138hp.

Was not able to test out the bike cos it rained yesterday. Have topped up full tank and will update here sometime later regarding fuel consumption. Generally air/ fuel ratio is good all around at 13/ 1 (different throttle position). Ciao! :cheeky:

Hi Guys,

Need some advice here.

May i know the whats the air pressure used to pump the front and rear tyre's?

Also, before cleaning my carb, a full tank can only bring me 200km.

Now, i can get 240km before it hits the 'empty' mark.

However, its still kind of short for a 22liter tank and petrol isnt getting any cheaper. hehe.

May i know what is the mileage you guys get on a full tank (carb 97 model if possible)?

Also, is there a reserve fuel tank as i'm pumping only 16liters for a full tank.

Many thanks in advance. :)

Why no one wan to talk to me???? :cry:

Is it cos my BB is the old model??? :cry:

Very sad liao, think i go ride my bicycle......

Hi Guys,

Need some advice here.

May i know the whats the air pressure used to pump the front and rear tyre's?

Also, before cleaning my carb, a full tank can only bring me 200km.

Now, i can get 240km before it hits the 'empty' mark.

However, its still kind of short for a 22liter tank and petrol isnt getting any cheaper. hehe.

May i know what is the mileage you guys get on a full tank (carb 97 model if possible)?

Also, is there a reserve fuel tank as i'm pumping only 16liters for a full tank.

Many thanks in advance. :)

Mine 98 carb model. Full tank can last me up to 350km fully stock. I suggest u hav to go for setting coz ur fuel comsumption seem quite high. Now i've change my pipe to yoshi...but not yet fix dyno jet so rite now consumption for full tank is 280-300 provided i dun VROOOM....hahaha hope it helps...

http://www.cbrxx.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1904&d=1174612966

THE BIRD STILL STAND!!!!

Hey darnoc,

Mebbe u wanna check ur jetting and other stuff related to the carburator.Check whether the diaphram is worn out or ur needle valve is worn out too.200km at full tank is like riding SP1.

Go for a full service on the carbs.Spent a bit to get the total satisfaction my man.

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

hey guys didn't knew this thread was up n kicking again...gd to see tht.

I jus got my bird 1.5 mths ago.

Jus to share.

jus done my valve clearance n change a stock air filter.

Got 19.1km/l based on 314km for 16.4L on my day trip to Pengarang.

My last trip to sepang was getting only 15km/l b4 all these servicing for crusing at 140-150.

n Locally not more than 12-14km/l.

hopefully locally i can clock abt 16+km/l wld be gd.

Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03

Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05

Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06

Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07

Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08

Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10

Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Meng tong now at Motoworld.Dats wat my fren told me.For suspension there's 1 shop near Braddell very pro doing suspension.

thanz 4 the info..anyway where is this shop near braddell:confused:

wah, u guys really got gd fc.. mine is around 13.5 to 14km/L regardless using 95 or 98 so far. have sychronize, change plug, wash K&N, change coolant. both tire pressure 41, wrist discipline, stock pipe, not more than 3500rpm at gear 6 at express way (abt 105 to 110 km i guess) most of the time 95 to 100 km so far.

how come still like that? Help Help !!

:cry: :cry: :faint: :faint: :giddy: :giddy:

As u can see my postings above that I had just bought a Blackbird. is there any knocking sounds when u cold start in the morning?

Timing chain,chain slider and tensioner..

Get this change...:angel:

1999-2001= KTM200

2001-2003=S4 version S

2003/02-2004/12=BlackBird

2004/12-2007/12=Rxz125

2007/12-2008/12=R1 04

2008/12-..........=Blackbird

wah, u guys really got gd fc.. mine is around 13.5 to 14km/L regardless using 95 or 98 so far. have sychronize, change plug, wash K&N, change coolant. both tire pressure 41, wrist discipline, stock pipe, not more than 3500rpm at gear 6 at express way (abt 105 to 110 km i guess) most of the time 95 to 100 km so far.

I was getting abt there too. Take note of yar mileage clocked. See if yar bike bike has loud ticking sounds frm the top of the cylinder block.

Might be a sign to do valve clearance i guess. I m yet to speak to the mech who did this n see if he can tell me wat exactly he did tht i can get a gd FC now.

Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03

Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05

Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06

Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07

Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08

Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10

Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

For mine it was the throttle bodies out of sync which caused high consumption. After syncing it has improved tremendously.

Other things I can think of is bad wheel bearings and brakes not releasing fully.If your brake pads are wearing out really fast this could be a clue.