SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Burgmans Cafe 2008 - K1 to K7

Brembo

Haiz.... but no money to upgrade/change bikes now... have to stick with what I've got,,,

But want to do up the suspension also hard.... simply can't find a replacement shock for the Burgman.

:weep:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by william_liu@January 17, 2007 09:06 am

Haiz.... but no money to upgrade/change bikes now... have to stick with what I've got,,,

But want to do up the suspension also hard.... simply can't find a replacement shock for the Burgman.

what's wrong with ur shock? If u selling ur bike this theard will be like a warehouse sale for scooter aftermarket parts already.. Haha..

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Originally posted by william_liu@January 17, 2007 09:06 am

Yep..... You looking for front or rear?

shocks getting that bad already?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Not bad lah.... looking for both front and rear.... cos I feel the ride quality is a bit harsh over ripples/bumps on the road....

The front still can improve a bit by changing oil + servicing the forks... but dunno which is the best place to do a good job.

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by Terrible One@January 17, 2007 10:09 am

If u selling ur bike this theard will be like a warehouse sale for scooter aftermarket parts already.. Haha..

That's if I decide to sell separately lah.... a bit troublesome to dismantle everything also

Originally posted by william_liu@January 17, 2007 11:11 am

Not bad lah.... looking for both front and rear.... cos I feel the ride quality is a bit harsh over ripples/bumps on the road....

The front still can improve a bit by changing oil + servicing the forks... but dunno which is the best place to do a good job.

Yah, i tink the front is quite jialat in terms of handling ripples and bumps.

Originally posted by william_liu@January 17, 2007 11:11 am

Bikelab :thumb:

But they dun do scooter.. So u can prob take out the fork and take BMW there to service.. Troublesome but it'll be worth it..

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Originally posted by Terrible One@January 17, 2007 11:47 am

But they dun do scooter.. So u can prob take out the fork and take BMW there to service.. Troublesome but it'll be worth it..

Wah.... tats alot of work man.... :giddy:

Originally posted by Terrible One@January 17, 2007 11:47 am

Since they don't do scooter, then I won't bother with going there bah.... :sweat:

So now looking for other alternatives. :smile:

Originally posted by william_liu@January 16, 2007 11:04 pm

1) Check out this site, look for AN400 Burgman on the left panel. There is a detailed list of all the models of the Burgman over there.

3) SUZUKI

Guan Hoe Co., (M) Pte Ltd

Block 1043, No. 148

Eunos Avenue 3

Singapore 409847

Telephone: 6746 5910

This is the workshop, think their main sales office is around macpherson or something, can give them a call.

No harm going to browse a few other shops to compare the price/service/promotions.

thanks for the info, wanted to reply yesterday, but internet is so screwy... :cheer:

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

after 1mth of non-usage of my burgy, the brake levers felt spongy, esp the right one..

wat seems to be the prob? isit dangerous?

FOR SALE (PM for more details)

-inline hockey guards,stick, gloves,pants

-ipod shuffle, 1GB, red, limited edition

Originally posted by fooz@January 17, 2007 10:15 pm

after 1mth of non-usage of my burgy, the brake levers felt spongy, esp the right one..

wat seems to be the prob? isit dangerous?

moisture mabbe? or air bubbles?

Bought from private or shop?

Anyway keep an eye on the engine oil level, cos Burgman has been known to be rather 'thirsty' for EO due to some design flaw.

:sweat:

Other than that, perhaps if you got the spare cash can go service the CVT, at the same time can get it inspected.

Originally posted by william_liu@January 18, 2007 02:07 am

Bought from private or shop?

Anyway keep an eye on the engine oil level, cos Burgman has been known to be rather 'thirsty' for EO due to some design flaw.

:sweat:

Other than that, perhaps if you got the spare cash can go service the CVT, at the same time can get it inspected.

Actually its been said to be a general characteristic of engines that cause the eo to vapourised. I guess its the poor management air coming out of the breather nipple that is the issue.

so hows the eo consumption for your bike now william?

Better, but not solved as I hoped.... :sian:

Originally posted by william_liu@January 18, 2007 09:08 am

Better, but not solved as I hoped.... :sian:

Its hard to solve it i guess. I was tinking how to be able to cool down the vapour enough such that the eo will condense back before it reaches the airbox. But then i was wondering whether that would cause water vapour to condense as well, if there is any..... :giddy:

I've seen some mesh in the crankcase that was for that purpose of filtering the air to the air box. was wondering if we use a long tube filled with the mesh would it be enough to trap the eo vapour?

Just recieved a reply from a japanese colleague of mine. Asked him to help me contact Suzuki japan to ask about the effects of the washer coming into contact with the Crankshaft Position Sensor and here was the reply(translated from japanese):

The role of a wave-like washer of the scissors gear and the CKP sensor are as follows.

The CKP sensor (crank position sensor) sends the signal of the rpm of the engine to the FI control unit, and this signal decides the amount of a jet of the control unit. Therefore, when the CKP sensor signal doesn't operate normally, an appropriate injection quantity is not obtained, and it causes the engine stall etc. A wave-like washer exists between two washers, and is assembled at the left of the scissors gear.

The CKP sensor recognizes the top of the rotor. When a wave-like washer is dropped off in the rotor case, CKP sensor might be output an abnormal signal.

Cautions: The above is referring to Skywave 400K3 as the Japanese internal model.

Objectively, do you guys think that it is the cause to my problems? I don't want anyone to side me, i need some objective comments whether it would logically be related to my problem(i.e. it was the cause of the stalling problem i had on the 1st day i bought the bike)

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 18, 2007 09:41 am

I've seen some mesh in the crankcase that was for that purpose of filtering the air to the air box. was wondering if we use a long tube filled with the mesh would it be enough to trap the eo vapour?

Yah, actually I've been thinking along the same lines... but a bit worried about any adverse effects from doing that that may occur after a period of time (e.g.metal flakes from mesh falling into engine)...

:sian:

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 18, 2007 09:50 am

Objectively, do you guys think that it is the cause to my problems? I don't want anyone to side me, i need some objective comments whether it would logically be related to my problem(i.e. it was the cause of the stalling problem i had on the 1st day i bought the bike)

Sounds like it's a highly probable cause for your bike's problem.

Originally posted by william_liu@January 19, 2007 10:17 am

Yah, actually I've been thinking along the same lines... but a bit worried about any adverse effects from doing that that may occur after a period of time (e.g.metal flakes from mesh falling into engine)...

:sian:

Hmmm will that happen?

I was more concerned about how to condense the eo before it reaches the airbox.

Like some small pieces of metal from the mesh flake off and drop through the crankcase breather? :sian:

Originally posted by william_liu@January 19, 2007 03:23 pm

Like some small pieces of metal from the mesh flake off and drop through the crankcase breather? :sian:

hmm.... might be possible.....