SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings Cafe 2008 - JDM/Euro 400/600

CCK

Any ways to repel a cat from sleeping on my bike at night?

I already used a bike cover, but it always go in through the opening and shed its fur there...

:angry:

Honda Phantom TA200 - Sep 2005 to Jun 2008

Honda Silverwing - Jun 2008 to Jun 2009

Honda CBF150 - Jun 2009 and Beyond

Honor God, Ride Safely...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ok... I'll try other petrol another time... :)

I saw a lot of tourers at LC yesterday... they got gathering ar?

where is LC?

liang court?

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

Oh ok... I'll try other petrol another time... :)

I saw a lot of tourers at LC yesterday... they got gathering ar?

is further up the former TKGS. On the way to Parkway parade and Katong shopping center if you coming from Paya Lebar MRT direction and City Plaza.

After Caltex and Esso.

Its a Domitory behind it.

LC foodcourt is the hangout for Madaco Riders.

U see the matured riders sitting there. For ur info. if u rider, your housepour like Teh and coffee is 10 cents cheaper.... heheh

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

Anyone currently using Denso Iridium IUH24 plugs?

Thinking of changing them next week.

Comments?

Me me~ I not sure about it... Cos I also add a PA2 and changed E.O...

But the feeling of my bike now is... GOOD! :angel:

I saw a Black SWing FBB 8*88 T at AMK today... Whose? Does it belong to anyone here?

Then how to know sia?

You sensitive towards your plate number? :confused:

I've tuned my idling speed to 1k... wow... power sia... the engine sound lower by a lot~ :lol:

I've tuned my idling speed to 1k... wow... power sia... the engine sound lower by a lot~ :lol:

but the recommendation is around 1.3 right?

last time the is one person is say not recommended to lower the idling..:giddy: :giddy:

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

y ar? any reasons for that? :confused:

don't remember alreayd..

you need to search for the pervious post..

y ar? any reasons for that? :confused:

I think it was me that brought this up - Too low idling speed and your oil pump not working properly - can eventually lead to lack of lubrication to engine parts - resulting in accelerated wear. Keep it at 1.3K.

On your other query on cats - sprinkle some good pepper on your seat and wherever the cat could be trying to curl up - under your cover - after a while they will avoid your bike. Then before you ride use damp cloth to wipe off the pepper so you dont be ah choo ! ah choo ! whilst riding. COMPRENDO ?

By the way has it occured to any of you that we older riders may not like to be called uncles - after all we are not related !!

I think it was me that brought this up - Too low idling speed and your oil pump not working properly - can eventually lead to lack of lubrication to engine parts - resulting in accelerated wear. Keep it at 1.3K.

Ok~ So that explains... I'll tune it to 1.3k then... :)

On your other query on cats - sprinkle some good pepper on your seat and wherever the cat could be trying to curl up - under your cover - after a while they will avoid your bike. Then before you ride use damp cloth to wipe off the pepper so you dont be ah choo ! ah choo ! whilst riding. COMPRENDO ?

Wow~ Haha :cheeky: Thats a great way~ :cheeky:

By the way has it occured to any of you that we older riders may not like to be called uncles - after all we are not related !!

Er... If I've offended any of you... I apologise ok? :(

Sorry about that...

the master had spoken.:angel:

anyway kris any idea where is the coolant drain plug?

i was thinking of flushing my coolant..

too bad cannot get hold of a service Manuel.

so need to ask for advices:)

the master had spoken.:angel:

anyway kris any idea where is the coolant drain plug?

i was thinking of flushing my coolant..

too bad cannot get hold of a service Manuel.

so need to ask for advices:)

The coolant drain plug ? Well you would have to strip most of the bodywork and get to the base of the Radiator and also another threaded plug on the engine block - quite a job and realistically a lot of time / tools / space needed. So i would not recommend it unless you could get your hands on the workshop manual (HAYNES have a good but expensive one for the SW600 - which same as SW400). But if you do get to that stage just remember to re-fill with 50% good quality coolant and 50% pure water (not tap water, rain water or mineral water - as these waters will start corrosion and eventually clog the system). My personal advise is - DONT FIX IF NOT BROKE !!! What i mean is if the system is not leaking and level of coolant reserve tank (under the top RH glove compartment) is ok then just leave it alone.

If you find that you coolant level in the reserve tank is low then just top up with pure water (buy from pharmacy - specify for cleaning contact lens).

The coolant drain plug ? Well you would have to strip most of the bodywork and get to the base of the Radiator and also another threaded plug on the engine block - quite a job and realistically a lot of time / tools / space needed. So i would not recommend it unless you could get your hands on the workshop manual (HAYNES have a good but expensive one for the SW600 - which same as SW400). But if you do get to that stage just remember to re-fill with 50% good quality coolant and 50% pure water (not tap water, rain water or mineral water - as these waters will start corrosion and eventually clog the system). My personal advise is - DONT FIX IF NOT BROKE !!! What i mean is if the system is not leaking and level of coolant reserve tank (under the top RH glove compartment) is ok then just leave it alone.

If you find that you coolant level in the reserve tank is low then just top up with pure water (buy from pharmacy - specify for cleaning contact lens).

i see was thinking to change my coolant to maxima coolaide.

but since that is so troublesome think i will forgo it

After 800km, below are findings about my bike:

1. From zero to 90km/h (rpm 5) is a breeze but anything above seems 'heavy'. Anyone got this feeling with their SW or just me?

2. And... couldn't locate the irritating vibration sound from the dashboard area when accelerating or decelerating at a certain rpm.

3. The seat... very hard. Prob still new to my butt. Anywhere can configure for a softer cushion?

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

After 800km, below are findings about my bike:

1. From zero to 90km/h (rpm 5) is a breeze but anything above seems 'heavy'. Anyone got this feeling with their SW or just me?

2. And... couldn't locate the irritating vibration sound from the dashboard area when accelerating or decelerating at a certain rpm.

3. The seat... very hard. Prob still new to my butt. Anywhere can configure for a softer cushion?

oh i feel SW has a lot of torque from 70-120km/h

cushion wise..

maybe you can go 219 to redo the cushion.

for sound i'm not too sure..

is it around 70km then above 110 it gone already?

for sound i'm not too sure..

is it around 70km then above 110 it gone already?

Only for 1 sec or 2 at very low speed.

Just need to isolate it. Grr

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

i see was thinking to change my coolant to maxima coolaide.

but since that is so troublesome think i will forgo it

If you really must do it suggest that you look into this thread from the US/UK Silverwing website - I am trying to give you the link below :

http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?tid=401

or try

http://www.silverwing.org/

then go to SERVICE/MAINTENANCE under the forum main page - then to page 5 of that under "How does one drain the coolant for the SW?"

This forum very helpfull and dedicated - mostly DIY.

Have fun. Ride Safe.