SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings Cafe 2008 - JDM/Euro 400/600

CCK

Blinks at 308km.

Reach petrol station at 311km.

Can only pump 11.80L.

Will check the next pump up again.

Anyway, some questions:

1. I can't find the idling adjustment. Exactly where under the seat? Saw a hole that's blocked by a couple of cables but could'nt squeeze my head nearer to have a closer look.

2. I'm 1.8m tall. The windshield's a bit short for me. Additional 2" would be just nice but after market ones are at least 4" different from stock. That would end up at eye level where my view would be affected.

Comments from anyone using Givi windshield?

3. Any equivalent Iridium sparkplugs from NGK that is comparably and suitable for SW?

Err... I've got 'pigeon' from my belt/roller compartment too... at just 1000km!

It 'cookoos' only when moving off.

I thought idling if adjust by yourself will spoil tyhe bike?

Honda Phantom TA200 - Sep 2005 to Jun 2008

Honda Silverwing - Jun 2008 to Jun 2009

Honda CBF150 - Jun 2009 and Beyond

Honor God, Ride Safely...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just fishtailed my SW in the MSCP. Lucky was going slow...

Ground was a bit wet cos ppl washing the floor.

But this never happened with my x9 on Michelin Gold.

Now a bit worried.

My mech recommends Michelin Pilot Sport (since can't get 'Gold' for SW).

Any comments on this tyre?

Happen to me before, I think it is due to the smooth surface of the floor and when it is wet, make it even worse.

They should do something to the floor.

22 August 2005 - August 2006 - Phantom TA 200

August 2006 - April 25 2007 - X9- Almafi

May 2007 - Feb 2008 - S4 Spec III

Feb 2008 - Dec 2012 - Silverwing Euro 400 (longest ride)

July 2009 - Oct 2012 OPC - Sold

Dec 2012 - Jun 2013- paggio x10

Jun 2013 -?????? - Silverwing SW-T400 ABS (Euro ver)

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/flamingangelz/th_DSC00702.jpg

Happen to me before, I think it is due to the smooth surface of the floor and when it is wet, make it even worse.

I dont know how other experienced SW riders would handle slow riding in MSCPs, especially on the ramps when wet - have had a few scares and one time even just drop over as the rear wheel fishtailed - so because of this and the fact that the SW seems to have no power going to the rear wheel on speeds under 20Kmph i sort of develop the technique of applying the left brake slightly as i increase the RPM with the throttle to give the rear wheel some better grip - This works for me and also when making tight 'U' turns.

Anyone knows anyone here riding red color SWings? Look quite cool huh? :lol:

Wow, I saw one at my hse void deck earlier... It was so eye catching... Nicer than Black and Silver sia... its a FBB plate... Re-sprayed maybe? :confused:

hmmm the one i saw going towards Senkang direction from AMK AVE 5 exit from CTE.

E other one i saw is on the road one....

I'll be having lessons tonight... You ard there later?

i will be there too.... got Tutorial lesson... hehehe

Oh ok... maybe we can get to see each other after school... haha...

Tml going for the dam meet up? :)

have to be there by 7... if lucky, see ya at the car park ok? I nvr see your bike, I wait... you never see my bike, you might wanna wait... :)

me park ooutside one........ no inside.. cos it cost 1$..... heheheh

Yup... Same place lor... Me dun like inside too~ :sian:

My previous stock Japan IRC and current Mich Pilot Sport tyres fishtailed in MSCP and basement carparks when ground is wet. On wet roads still ok so far.

but don't you feel pilot sport wear damn fast.

as if the rubber no need money..:angel: :angel:

i'm still considering feelfree or dunlop.

my IRC had traveled 13k still going strong.:cool:

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

but don't you feel pilot sport wear damn fast.

as if the rubber no need money..:angel: :angel:

i'm still considering feelfree or dunlop.

my IRC had traveled 13k still going strong.:cool:

I dun mind pilot sport wear out fast cos i hope to change them soon..lol..when going over wet surfaces at MSCP, i'm always v wary. Once just bank my bike slightly over wet surface, no throttle or brakes, just let bike roll over also skid and fall. Somemore moving v slowly..

Feelfree only available for rear rite? I also think Pirelli worth trying. GTS23/24 and Diablo Scooter tyres have sizes for Swing.

I dun mind pilot sport wear out fast cos i hope to change them soon..lol..when going over wet surfaces at MSCP, i'm always v wary. Once just bank my bike slightly over wet surface, no throttle or brakes, just let bike roll over also skid and fall. Somemore moving v slowly..

Feelfree only available for rear rite? I also think Pirelli worth trying. GTS23/24 and Diablo Scooter tyres have sizes for Swing.

Metzler Feelfree new stock coming early June 08.

Cost about $160++ without installation for a pair (front + back).

Can check with JR in Ubi.

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

Yo people, tonight the meet up at the dam is still on leh... Interested to join can come in too~ I'd really like to meet all the forum seniors here wor :lol:

Date: 3/5/08 Saturday

Time: 2200 / 10:00PM

Meet Up Place: Chong Pang Nasi Lemak

Ending Point: Yishun Dam

Participant:

1. Mao's (Organiser) 98778393

2. BlackChocobo

3. n@kan0 (Auto Added)

4. Wei Zhong (Auto Added)

5. Swing7777 (Auto Added)

6. Bigcow

7. Qranc21 (might be late as work end at 1030)

8. Stroker (Auto Added)

All other scooters welcome to join us.

Called my area town council yesterday and highlighted to them the danger of the floor when it is wet and slippery for bike and that they should do something about it like making the floor a bit rougher, so that there is traction when the floor is wet.

Let see whether would there be any improvement. he mentioned that he will highlight to HDB. Maybe you guys should also call in or write to your respective town council. They will pick up on this case when there is a lot of feedback.

22 August 2005 - August 2006 - Phantom TA 200

August 2006 - April 25 2007 - X9- Almafi

May 2007 - Feb 2008 - S4 Spec III

Feb 2008 - Dec 2012 - Silverwing Euro 400 (longest ride)

July 2009 - Oct 2012 OPC - Sold

Dec 2012 - Jun 2013- paggio x10

Jun 2013 -?????? - Silverwing SW-T400 ABS (Euro ver)

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/flamingangelz/th_DSC00702.jpg

Called my area town council yesterday and highlighted to them the danger of the floor when it is wet and slippery for bike and that they should do something about it like making the floor a bit rougher, so that there is traction when the floor is wet.

Let see whether would there be any improvement. he mentioned that he will highlight to HDB. Maybe you guys should also call in or write to your respective town council. They will pick up on this case when there is a lot of feedback.

at the end of the call to the town council, did u get the name of the person u spoke to? i suppose that fellow will just pretend 'he' didn't receive your call. if u have gotten his name, maybe 'he' will be 'scared' and highlight this matter up to his higher authorities.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

at the end of the call to the town council, did u get the name of the person u spoke to? i suppose that fellow will just pretend 'he' didn't receive your call. if u have gotten his name, maybe 'he' will be 'scared' and highlight this matter up to his higher authorities.

Won't work... Have to write in to the HDB through email... Then CC to the minister or director... If not, take pictures and STOMP it... I'm sure the authorities will get it done within a week... :angel:

Won't work... Have to write in to the HDB through email... Then CC to the minister or director... If not, take pictures and STOMP it... I'm sure the authorities will get it done within a week... :angel:

this is not life threatening. they won't do it immediately. they have to go through many departments in order to use the government's money. since u seem to know wat to do, y not u try your method? maybe it works?

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

this is not life threatening. they won't do it immediately. they have to go through many departments in order to use the government's money. since u seem to know wat to do, y not u try your method? maybe it works?

Haha~ :cheeky: Learn from some of my police friends de la... They say always kana "lightning" letter aka PAP letterhead from this MP, that MP to do this and that... Then their boss will start jumping and prioritizing the matter even if its only "noise pollution" :cheeky:

Dun know if it applies to HDB though...

Anyway, will I be able to see Bigcow's Half-A-Busa at Chong Pang Nasi Lemak? :angel: