SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings Cafe 2008 - JDM/Euro 400/600

CCK

Haha~ :cheeky: Learn from some of my police friends de la... They say always kana "lightning" letter aka PAP letterhead from this MP, that MP to do this and that... Then their boss will start jumping and prioritizing the matter even if its only "noise pollution" :cheeky:

Dun know if it applies to HDB though...

Anyway, will I be able to see Bigcow's Half-A-Busa at Chong Pang Nasi Lemak? :angel:

u go i dun go lor... haha..... see how 1st la. i going in JB later. see wat time i return lo... wats so nice abt Half-A-Busa? u go see a hayabusa is equivalent to seeing 2 Half-A-Busas. haha... u going tonight?

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u go i dun go lor... haha..... see how 1st la. i going in JB later. see wat time i return lo... wats so nice abt Half-A-Busa? u go see a hayabusa is equivalent to seeing 2 Half-A-Busas. haha... u going tonight?

I will be going... But if that will make you dun wanna go then I dun go lor... :p

See you there la~ :cheeky:

Honda Phantom TA200 - Sep 2005 to Jun 2008

Honda Silverwing - Jun 2008 to Jun 2009

Honda CBF150 - Jun 2009 and Beyond

Honor God, Ride Safely...

hi peeps

may all be well and happy... apart from being safe on the road :smile:

yox...

being awhile since i last heard from you at this thread!

hope you are doing fine.

anyway this thread seem not be as active as before!:cool:

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

at the end of the call to the town council, did u get the name of the person u spoke to? i suppose that fellow will just pretend 'he' didn't receive your call. if u have gotten his name, maybe 'he' will be 'scared' and highlight this matter up to his higher authorities.

Yup, I gotten his name :angel: how was the outing today ? would have love to join along but just came back from T3 with my family...shack out already

22 August 2005 - August 2006 - Phantom TA 200

August 2006 - April 25 2007 - X9- Almafi

May 2007 - Feb 2008 - S4 Spec III

Feb 2008 - Dec 2012 - Silverwing Euro 400 (longest ride)

July 2009 - Oct 2012 OPC - Sold

Dec 2012 - Jun 2013- paggio x10

Jun 2013 -?????? - Silverwing SW-T400 ABS (Euro ver)

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/flamingangelz/th_DSC00702.jpg

Yup, I gotten his name :angel: how was the outing today ? would have love to join along but just came back from T3 with my family...shack out already

just back from the outing. everything went as planned. hope to have more riders next time.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

just back from the outing. everything went as planned. hope to have more riders next time.

Yeah~ Looking forward to the next one already~ :cheeky:

Yeah~ Looking forward to the next one already~ :cheeky:

Hey Bro, how much u bought your power abuser 2? does it really works?

1997 - Honda Steed

1998 - Suzuki Bandit V

1999 - Honda Super 4

2003 - Fazer 1000

2004 - Citroen Berlingo / Honda XRV750

2005 - Nissan Sunny

2007 - Nissan Sunny / Silverwing 400

2009 - Honda Civic / Silverwing 400

hi peeps

may all be well and happy... apart from being safe on the road :smile:

Hey bro, welcome back to the community! Its been awhile... Hows things over at your side? :)

Join us in our outing next time ok ok? :angel:

Hey Bro, how much u bought your power abuser 2? does it really works?

Hi bro, I got the PA2 at $99 with installation... The pick up wise really can feel ar... Not a bad investment :angel:

Can try can try... :lol:

check this out before you head into johore (causeway or 2nd link) thinking of substantial savings pumping malaysian petrol :cheeky:

for malaysia petrol you pump shell Vpower right?

i think ESSO one is slightly cheaper around 1.9.. cannot remember the exact amount.

but i doubt there is a substantial differences too.:angel:

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

for malaysia petrol you pump shell Vpower right?

i think ESSO one is slightly cheaper around 1.9.. cannot remember the exact amount.

but i doubt there is a substantial differences too.:angel:

ya lor... i tried playing around with different Sg & Msia petrol prices, different distances and FC, etc... savings also not much :faint:

e.g. $2.309 for sg petrol (v-power) and RM1.85 (some cheaper low octane petrol) but savings also only around $15 & $8, via causeway and 2nd link respectively. but this is not apple to apple comparison leh o_O

factor in the jams and long queues, really wonder if it makes sense at all :confused:

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

ya lor... i tried playing around with different Sg & Msia petrol prices, different distances and FC, etc... savings also not much :faint:

e.g. $2.309 for sg petrol (v-power) and RM1.85 (some cheaper low octane petrol) but savings also only around $15 & $8, via causeway and 2nd link respectively. but this is not apple to apple comparison leh o_O

factor in the jams and long queues, really wonder if it makes sense at all :confused:

Wow ! That analysis certainly shows the actual worth for just going across for fuel. I use about 15 liters of 95 octane per week just getting to & from work in S'pore - so it wont make sense to go there and back (about 50Km trip return) once a week. Unless go across for other reasons like shopping for groceries and makan2.

But if was using a bike with tank capacity of at least 24 liters then just maybe ????

I look at it this way.

Singapore petrol 95 = $2.116 less 15% discount (in-house 5% + credit card 10% (max) I think )= $1.798 per litres

Singapore petrol 95 = $2.116 less 5% discount (in-house 5%)= $2.010 per litres

Malaysia Petrol 97 = RM1.92 = $0.82 per litres (based on 2.28)

Note : not everybody here owns a credit card that provide them with further discount of petrol price. the most they will have is the petrol station in-house promotion card which give them the maximum of 5 - 8 % discount.

So the saving is obvious, I just cannot understand how the saving can only be $2.40. Time wasted and waiting time cannot be justified or quantified unless it is during working time when we went in to pump.

Distance also play a part, the further you stay, the more petrol you burn to cross the bridge for petrol. compared to west sider like me. it make sense.

I live only 10km away from the petrol station.

cost figures in the worksheets are dynamic and will change according to the parameters (e.g. tank capacity, reserve level, petrol prices, discounts, exchange rates, traveling distances, toll amounts, etc.)

to use the worksheets, one has to:

(a) select the suitable worksheet for intended route, i.e. via 2nd link or via causeway, then

(b) change the parameters according to your situation (e.g. petrol discounts, toll, FC, traveling distances, etc etc)

note that distance to cross 2nd link bridge is about 1.9km and not 5.14km as stated in the worksheet

otherwise the figures are meaningless... savings shown is based on the parameters inputed :cool:

logic will tell us that riders living near causeway or 2nd link would obviously incur less cost, thus more savings compared to others who have to travel longer distances

p/s: this worksheet is shared as a goodwill and NOT intended to persuade people whether they should or should not pump petrol in M'sia... riders are free to agree or disagree with the calculations mah :D

i know of riders who live in the east but pumps at GP Shell via 2nd link kinda weekly. savings are secondary to them as they enjoy the cool evening rides and bike companions more than the dollars and cents :thumb:

freedom of choice mah :cheeky:

~

Trips:

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

just came back from Jb via woodlands

ok here my analysis i pump 15.2litre 1.92per liter

so total 29.20RM use the rate for 2.2 is to 1 is total damages 13.2SGD.

to and from jb is 22km. assuming my fuel consumption is 22.

so total is 44km which is 2liter.

if i will to pump in SG. 15.2liter minus 2liter equal 13.2liter.

so assuming the SG petrol is 1.9 total damages 25.08

total saving 11.88dollars. per week

47.52 per month

570.24 per year that is provided i'm using woodland and very time just nice

swee swee reach there with empty tanks.

cost figures in the worksheets are dynamic and will change according to the parameters (e.g. tank capacity, reserve level, petrol prices, discounts, exchange rates, traveling distances, toll amounts, etc.)

to use the worksheets, one has to:

(a) select the suitable worksheet for intended route, i.e. via 2nd link or via causeway, then

(b) change the parameters according to your situation (e.g. petrol discounts, toll, FC, traveling distances, etc etc)

note that distance to cross 2nd link bridge is about 1.9km and not 5.14km as stated in the worksheet

otherwise the figures are meaningless... savings shown is based on the parameters inputed :cool:

logic will tell us that riders living near causeway or 2nd link would obviously incur less cost, thus more savings compared to others who have to travel longer distances

p/s: this worksheet is shared as a goodwill and NOT intended to persuade people whether they should or should not pump petrol in M'sia... riders are free to agree or disagree with the calculations mah :D

i know of riders who live in the east but pumps at GP Shell via 2nd link kinda weekly. savings are secondary to them as they enjoy the cool evening rides and bike companions more than the dollars and cents :thumb:

freedom of choice mah :cheeky:

I know :cheeky: just that I like to see thing in a more simplify manner :angel:

I know :cheeky: just that I like to see thing in a more simplify manner :angel:

hahahahaha... guess i'm suffering from what people call occupational sickness :giddy:

~

Trips:

Just fishtailed my SW in the MSCP. Lucky was going slow...

Ground was a bit wet cos ppl washing the floor.

But this never happened with my x9 on Michelin Gold.

Now a bit worried.

My mech recommends Michelin Pilot Sport (since can't get 'Gold' for SW).

Any comments on this tyre?

Recently i jus change to pilot sport for my sw 400

I can say it good........

BUt not yet try it on wet floor so cannot comment much..

:thumb:

http://img220.exs.cx/img220/7457/gforcesig1hc.jpg

Recently i jus change to pilot sport for my sw 400

I can say it good........

BUt not yet try it on wet floor so cannot comment much..

:thumb:

good luck bro.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Actually I don't understand why Honda comes up with Silverwing but yet the stock tyres that comes with it is not available as replacement when it is worn out ?

Can't the bike shops just import IRC Japan in themselves.

The best tyres to me is stock tyres as it is made to fit the Silverwing under whatever condition. I am very happy with my IRC Japan tyres:angel:

Anyone wishing to sell them please let me know