SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use Castrol Power 1 Trizone Technology on my TA150...works fine for me. Any1 good better recommandation for me??? :thumb:

1995 - 1996 ~ Yamaha TZR125

1996 - 1999 ~ Honda CBR400RRK Hurricane

2005 - 2006 ~ Honda TA150 Phantom

2006 - 2010 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 1

2011 - 2013 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 2

2013 - 20** ~ Ducati Monster 796 ABS + Sym GTS200

Originally posted by redname@Oct 2 2005, 10:52 AM

u using for gearbox rite? gearbox try motul transoil or rockoil gearoil, veri gd

all the while i have been using EO... nv try gearoil b4... maybe next change can try... btw how is the performance using gearoil???

Originally posted by bobo_rider@Oct 2 2005, 06:04 PM

all the while i have been using EO... nv try gearoil b4... maybe next change can try... btw how is the performance using gearoil???

redname is correct a proper gear oil is more suitable than regular 4T. Give gearoil a try. Maxima makes a very strong gearoil too, MTL-Endurance, used by many dirtbike race team in the US. Check it out, can try Mah Motorparts.

http://www.maximausa.com/products/gearlubes/mtl.asp

Originally posted by ANR Impex@Oct 2 2005, 06:29 PM

redname is correct a proper gear oil is more suitable than regular 4T. Give gearoil a try. Maxima makes a very strong gearoil too, MTL-Endurance, used by many dirtbike race team in the US. Check it out, can try Mah Motorparts.

http://www.maximausa.com/products/gearlubes/mtl.asp

Thanks for the advise bro really appreciate that... :thumb:

Originally posted by rng774@Oct 3 2005, 11:24 AM

Hey guys, Unity motor is offering motul 300v competition @$18.00 p/litre.If service package $68.00 for 3li + 1 original oil filter. veri veri cheap !!!!!!!!!

wah 2bad i riding 2B oni...

Originally posted by stsoh@Oct 7 2004, 10:20 PM

i brought max-cycle motorcycle oil ($16) at the same shop in tg pagar n motor oil is still selling at $10.50.

so a bit confuse tat u say expensive cos at the daelim agent sold castrol r4 at $23, daelim agent won't reduce it's price n i know that elsewhere is selling castrol r4 at $21.50.

rockoil i know that most shop r selling at $18 n chk at mobil station selling mobil gold synthetic motorcycle oil around $25 or was it $27.

max-cycle motorcycle oil is formulated for motorcycle use n also no harm in using motor oil as described earlier by RxzDelux.

which oil brand r u talking about that is expensive?

castrol r4 can get from agent at only $18.50. ah boy there $14 can get liao.. but felt different when using those bought from ah boy. most say those from ah boy are from thailand..

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

Originally posted by bigcow@Oct 5 2005, 01:11 PM

castrol r4 can get from agent at only $18.50. ah boy there $14 can get liao.. but felt different when using those bought from ah boy. most say those from ah boy are from thailand..

i tink its a mental thing lah cause ah boy sell chiong stuff, so when u buy u tink tht oil also chiong one

extracted article dated back in 2001:

=======================

In fact, the Castrol Syntec isn't even a 100% pure synthetic. That's right...read on........

CASTROL AND MOBIL GO TO COURT TO BATTLE IT OUT:

Mobil accused Castrol of reformulating its synthetic by substituting other basestocks in place of its synthetic polyaphaolefins (PAO's). Castrol Syntec is a hydrocracked oil. That's right, Castrol has replaced the PAO synthetic base stock with hydroisomerized petroleum base stock. Hydrocracking, as it's called, is the highest level of petroleum refining. Castrol isn't even a true synthetic yet Castrol ended up winning the battle when the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus ruled that Castrol could still market its oil as "synthetic" despite their new formulation. Basically, they expanded the definition of synthetics to include Group III hydroprocessed petroleum oil. This high profile case took place because synthetics are recognized as the market's best hope for growth. Synthetic oil sales have outpaced petroleum oil sales by a wide margin and the gap continues to widen every year. Consumers are getting smarter and demand the best for their vehicles! Read the full story on the Castrol debacle in our informative articles section. Additionally, just as soon as Castrol won this battle, several other major oil companies jumped in and came up with hydroprocessed motor oils of their own and labeled these products to be "100% synthetic", when they still are primarily Group III hydroprocessed petroleum oils!

=======================

Originally posted by rng774@Oct 3 2005, 11:24 AM

Hey guys, Unity motor is offering motul 300v competition @$18.00 p/litre.If service package $68.00 for 3li + 1 original oil filter. veri veri cheap !!!!!!!!!

I thought when changing oil filter need more than 3 bottle of EO? so the extra EO needed.. they will top up for u or u need to buy another additional bottle?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/eos08/siggy/2006369748298751345_rs.jpg

hello guys, for small capacity bikes like TA200, CBR150, wave 125 etc etc

can we really feel the difference whether we use shell or castrol or mobil or motul oil? let's say if it's all semi syn or all fully syn, can feel difference wan not? :confused: :confused:

then wat kinda difference can we feel for fully syn and semi syn?

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

• 2 weeks later...

brands like rockoil, fuchs and repsol are rather rare izzit?

seems like the bikeshops i've been to always stock shell, mobil, castrol or motul.

so will the shop which sell the oil to u do the oil change for u also? cuz shops like LAB dun change for u wan right?

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Originally posted by chrislayer@Nov 3 2005, 12:38 PM

anyone have the address for Unity?

Blk 1008

Bukit Merah Lane 3

#01-** (Nt Sure)

Singapore 159722

Hope this helps.... :thumb:

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that!"

Originally posted by ozzarhomb@Nov 11 2005, 04:09 AM

brands like rockoil, fuchs and repsol are rather rare izzit?

seems like the bikeshops i've been to always stock shell, mobil, castrol or motul.

so will the shop which sell the oil to u do the oil change for u also? cuz shops like LAB dun change for u wan right?

Well, its true tat such oil brands are not as common as compared to the rest of the oil brands sold in most motordiams.

But they r still available though.

Eg. Rock oil is available at First Motor, Ubi.

& Fuchs is available at Ideal Motor, Kaki Bukit.

Btw, LAB has its own bike repair shop.

Just ask and inform e staff when u purchase their engine oils.

They wld inform u where to go to, for their mechanics to chg it for you.

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that!"

Originally posted by din37@Nov 11 2005, 05:52 AM

Well, its true tat such oil brands are not as common as compared to the rest of the oil brands sold in most motordiams.

But they r still available though.

Eg. Rock oil is available at First Motor, Ubi.

& Fuchs is available at Ideal Motor, Kaki Bukit.

Btw, LAB has its own bike repair shop.

Just ask and inform e staff when u purchase their engine oils.

They wld inform u where to go to, for their mechanics to chg it for you.

oh i see! thanks for the info bro!

learnt something new today! :smile: :smile:

Originally posted by ozzarhomb@Nov 11 2005, 09:59 AM

oh i see! thanks for the info bro!

learnt something new today! :smile: :smile:

no problem man...

just my 2 cents in sharing wat i know abt... :smile: