SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

I seen a Suzuki DR800 there before! :angel:

76th + 76.5th Time at Planet!

Date: 10/01/2011

Time: 11:40am + 11:55pm

Weather: Drizzling

Mood: :) Happy

Well well well, my new starter motor from UK finally arrived. So went to Planet to let Ah Chong fixed it up. Looks like a reconditioned one though, because got discolouration. :(

But as long as it is in good condition... Oh well...

So pushed start the bike there! Ah Chong say I hero, like that also can push start! Haha! :D

But at Planet already alot of people, at least another 4 bikes still lining up. Ah Chong said cannot collect by tonight. So left the bike there, abit disappointed cannot collect same day, but just my luck, today's customers came early. :(

So left my key with Ah Chong, Ah Chong still wrapped up my keychain with a piece of paper because he said my keychain very nice, scared people steal, before writing my bike number on it. :lol:

Just before I left, Ah Chong then told me maybe must overhaul (This time he serious) because not sure if the starter can come out without opening the engine, because it was very tight fit. :eek: :? Very worried, then after I left, I remembered that last time, when I first got the bike, I went to another shop to service, and the mech there took it out before to clean the carbon brushes by first removing the exhaust, so called back and told Ah Chong that confirm can take out, only a 10 min job to remove. Yay! :clap:

Sure enough, that night Ah Chong called to tell me that, he just fitted in the new starter, the bike can start liao, starting very strongly too!

First time, everytime! :smile:

But because it was already 7:25pm, they will be closing soon. So if I want it by tonight, he will leave it outside and hide the key in the fairrings. So that's how come I got the 76.5th tiem at Planet! Took a bus to collect the bike, Damn... took an hour to get there. By bike only 1/2 that time.

Over at Planet at night, the place was very different, so Ulu....:sian:

So quickly wear my rainoat took my key and (a bit not used to it, because can start on the first time worrr!) started the bike as normal and rode back! But owe Ah Chong service charge for this time round! :cheeky: Must pay him back before Chinese New Year, otherwise unlucky!!! :lol:

woooo.. at night? it's raining wor.. did you saw me riding a black kr with box come in? me and my friends are all around one corner.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to planet today with a friend, my friend change his engine oil and oil filter. Ah Chong is friendly and get the job done fast.

But the negative feedback is dirty & messy plus long waiting time, my friend even have to use a wet issue to wipe his handle grip before leaving.

Overall I think is still acceptable to most bikers

***Thumbs up***

Went to planet today with a friend, my friend change his engine oil and oil filter. Ah Chong is friendly and get the job done fast.

But the negative feedback is dirty & messy plus long waiting time, my friend even have to use a wet issue to wipe his handle grip before leaving.

***Thumbs up***

yeah.. timing is always a factor even for old birds of planet.. :p

anyway, cya there.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

woooo.. at night? it's raining wor.. did you saw me riding a black kr with box come in? me and my friends are all around one corner.. :)

No. I was there around midnight.

Quickly put on raincoat and go! :sweat:

***Thumbs up***

I wear black leather gloves when I ride, so no issue, don't even notice if the handlebars grips are oily or not! :angel:

Goooooo Planet! :cheer:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to planet on the 25/1/2011 to change my tires. First few customers there having gone at 930.

Saw Ah Chong , and he tended to my bike.

Recommended for open pricing. (Open meaning he just tell you what need to change and how much, not negotiable nor did i try) and friendly service.

Although i was the first few there, if you're in a hurry, either

a) Don't let ah chong tend to your bike (Cause he's super busy answering phones and tending to walk ins) or

b) Let any of the other mechs tend to your bike.

As i sat there for 2 hours i would feel safe if any of the mechs there did the work, they all seem competent. Thankfully i wasn't really rushing anywhere, so it was more of just relax and chit chat. Mechs are friendlyu and will tcss also.... Recommended for good quality work for reasonable prices.

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

Went to planet on the 25/1/2011 to change my tires. First few customers there having gone at 930.

Saw Ah Chong , and he tended to my bike.

Recommended for open pricing. (Open meaning he just tell you what need to change and how much, not negotiable nor did i try) and friendly service.

Although i was the first few there, if you're in a hurry, either

a) Don't let ah chong tend to your bike (Cause he's super busy answering phones and tending to walk ins) or

b) Let any of the other mechs tend to your bike.

As i sat there for 2 hours i would feel safe if any of the mechs there did the work, they all seem competent. Thankfully i wasn't really rushing anywhere, so it was more of just relax and chit chat. Mechs are friendlyu and will tcss also.... Recommended for good quality work for reasonable prices.

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

Planet will be closed from tomorrow onwards till next monday den reopen.. meanwhile, pls look for your "preferred" PT mech.. :)

EH guys. Planet said they will be closed until Monday. Does that mean they will be open on Monday or Tuesday? My bike is totally ****ed and I only trust Planet. Heeeeeeelp

well... you can just park your bike outside planet first... and give them a call tml or something... I believe there is a row of unfortunate bikes lining up outside already...

Went down planet to change my rear tyres, Ah Chong mechanic still not back yet shortage of staff ,

alot of customers got rejected by Ah Chong he ask them to come back again next week .

wooo~ are you the one who got nail go thru and tot your chain + sprocket spoilt? lolx.. :)

Nope , i think you got the wrong person .

Went there to change my rear tyre cause its out of tread already :)

ops.. psps.. :)

i was there around 6+ ~ 8pm.. haha..

err.. rear tyre? dun tell me you are riding a kr? lolx..

haixx.. double post double post... sianz... :(

I was there around 12 in the afternoon .

I'm riding a SP :)

haha... okok ... meet up with you at planet soon.. :p

Just change engine oil myself on Planet as there were only 2 mechanics left.

The china guy went back to china as his work permit couldn't be renew...

Wished ah chong and crews happy lunar new year and the smile they gave is funny!

Ups for Planet!! :angel:

Subaru Impreza 1.6i (SGU) [2006 - ???]

Honda CBR150R (FW) [2009 - 2009]

Honda NSR150SP (FT) [2008 - 2010]

Yamaha T135 (FBE) [2010 - ???]

CBR125/NSR125/CBR150/NSR150/T135 Manuals --> http://www.scribd.com/xbfish

whahaha.. harlow.. yeah.. there's lack of mechanics.. ah chiong even wan to employ me.. haha.. :p