SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

61st time at Planet (but didn't buy anything)

04:40pm

weather: Raining

mood: :)

Went to Planet to change spark plug for my Phantom and CDI for my DR BIG.

Yap! It's finally arrived! :cheer:

But on the way out of the parking lot, bike cannot start, so I ended up doing a DIY Spark plug change in the carpark instead, using a spare spark plug bought at Planet a year ago. :sweat:

Over at Planet, Ah Chong today like in a bad mood.

No smile, and no cold jokes, even though today very cold, (raining)

Met a guy whose car accelerator pedal stuck, press down cannot come. Ah Chong told him better not to drive, but he said no choice have to drive, so Ah Chong told him if stuck cannot stop, must quickly put the gear to neutral.

I also gave him a piece of advice, hope it saves him if he needs it- take out the key, it will cut off the engine immediately but still keep the gear engage for engine brake.

Hope he makes it. :sian:

Since got nothing else to do, I left the CDI with Ah Chong and went home.

As I was going home, I was amuse to see that the packing material in the box which the CDI was in wasn't stryfoam, but ballon-like plastic bags filled with air, looking like pillows! :lol:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

• 2 weeks later...
59th Time at Planet...

18/06/2010

02:00pm

weather: Wet after rain...

mood: Heart Broken...

Went to Planet to get new bulbs, both headlight and meter bulb blew, and at the same time get an oil change.

On the way there, I always have to pass by Hougang.... ....

Ahhh... Hougang a place that brings back many happy childhood memories, and quite recently memories that should have brought joy to my heart.... :(

But today, on the way to Planet, I went a big round to bypass it, just so that I will be able to avoid my ex-girlfriends' place, by going up till Tampines road and back into Defu lane. Even so, passing by Buangkok Drive brought back sad memories of the places we used to go together as a couple. :cry:

Yap, 58th time at Planet, 12/05/2010, Bad mood was a :weep: kind of bad mood and it was also because of her...

I guess I will never be happy on the way to Planet again...... :weep:

Over at Planet, the guys were having their break, so I didn't disturb them, and quitely took a bottle of engine oil and placed it onto my seat for engine oil change later on.

Ah Chong asked if I got a CDI of my DR800, and I told him that it's on the way. Today, the mech who serviced my bike was the China Mech, he is getting very good at it by now. Bulb change and engine oil barely took 10 mins altogether.

Then I told him that his advice for girls was right, get the girl to commit first, then give her all the love you have. Should have heeded his advice. Because all I got for my love was a broken heart and a bank account short by over $1,000.... :(

Today Ah Chong was in a good mood, and charged me $15 for oil change + head light and meter light bulb change. When I asked why so cheap, he said today Qing Cai charge one lah, LuGi $1 also never mind. :lol:

Then he insisted on pushing my bike out personally, said it's to give him a chance to do customer service. :thumb:

cheer up abit. planet motorcycle really tat good ?

hahahahahaha good bike service and humor boss. been there a couple of times.

there was once my fairing's screw/nut was stolen and was dangling there all the way and somehow i manage to went down to planet save and sound.

Once i got there ah chong was kinda busy pouring engine oil so i got beside him trying to pissed him off by repeating 'ah chong ah chong ah chong ah chong ah chong ah chong ah chong'

eventually he got abit pissed after pouring the engine oil and walked towards my bike sawing the dangling fairing.

so i went over telling him someone stole the nuts/screws.

He then replied directing me to some other places saying 'turn out go straight turn left go straight'

so i got puzzled and ask 'huh? why must so far'?

then he started to walk off and shouted back at me saying 'nao hia u lost ur screws go make a police report la come here for me i also cannot help u wad'

At that part of time almost every chinese guy over here heard the joke and started laughing..........

i believed that such humor was a need from the bike shop towards the customers. It would really brighten up the customer's day

Nsr150Sp -FT

Nsr250rSP -FN

Just collected my CBR from Planet today. Just found out they have a thread in SBF!

I am a loyal supporter of Planet Motors. Sometimes when I am bored, I will drop by there and just chat with Ah Chong uncle without doing anything to my bike. He is a good man :smile:

Be contented and you have the world... be greedy and you'll never be happy.

Just collected my CBR from Planet today. Just found out they have a thread in SBF!

I am a loyal supporter of Planet Motors. Sometimes when I am bored, I will drop by there and just chat with Ah Chong uncle without doing anything to my bike. He is a good man :smile:

haha.. are you the one i chat? never knew you in forum.. :p

Did another Phantom performance and fuel economy tuning session at Planet the other day. 30km/l is not enough. Neither is 35. 40 is the magic number :D

Ah Chong is waiting for me to bring my bike in to hook up that beautiful Aprilia meter but I promised him I'll do up the wiring nicely first.

lolx... 40... i wish for 32 like the past.. but i guess it wun happen.. lolx..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Okay lets talk...

CBR.... big or small one? :D

lolx... 40... i wish for 32 like the past.. but i guess it wun happen.. lolx..
Must bring to me mah, I cast a spell on a 30 bike and instantly, it became 35 :D

Kitten. Bring me to Ah Chong.

You're in luck, chong doesnt do Hyosung, nor Pulsar, but Yamaha.... no problems!

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

Yes I have! He will clutch in, engage gear 1... ride off while still on the left side of the bike and only swing his leg over when the bike is moving off.. power! :thumb:

Lol more magical old school tricks.

For more fun at planet, show him air filters that haven't been changed for like, 5 years, and pistons totally coated with carbon. See what he does LOL.

Some of my DIY tuning 'clients' have amazing air filters that look like they came from a shipwreck. Surprisingly the bikes actually run okay (albeit drinking fuel like water) - I tell them that there are Phantoms who have never been serviced for like, 7, 8 years and still run at 90kph.

I dunno who you are! :cheeky:

What bike are you riding? I am very talkative, talk with almost everyone! Hahahaha!!

haha.. black kr with red stickers and box!! :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

haha.. black kr with red stickers and box!! :)

Jialat, cannot remember seeing a bike like this... haha! Was at Planet today to disturb Ah Chong today till 9pm. He's busy...