SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone take me to planet PLEASE!!!! :p

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

i'll be going soon, to do my service. i can bring you there.

where you live?

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

ah chong open till 8 only, so gotta make sure you arrive before then. he has family also la, so dont overshoot the timing past 8.

hi guys, anyone wash ur S4 carb before? how much did u spend on washing? im new to S4 and my bike is rather jerky at low gear changing.. intend to change my spark plugs first then decide if i need to wash.

4 cylinder carbs are a ***** to service. Expect to pay 80 dollars upwards.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

80th time at Planet!

02:50pm

weather: Rainy

mood: :)

Went to Planet after realizing that I haven't changed my engine oil for 4 months.

Even though I haven't clocked even 4,000 km since the last oil change, I read somewhere that engine oil has to be changed every 3 months, otherwise will "Lao Hong" (Not fresh) So I figured might as well change the oil filter since I wanted to change it the last time, but no stock the last time I went to Planet. Today die die must change the filter too.

On the way there I saw dark clouds forming. Crap better ride faster!

Along Yio Chu Kang road, it started drizzling, ride even faster! :lol:

Then I outran the clouds and it was fair weather until I reached Ubi and it started drizzling again.

Just when I off the engine and stepped into Planet, it started storming "Ka Boom Ba!!!" (Lightning included)

Over at Planet, while waiting for my oil filter to arrive, I saw Armani helping his friend DIY overhaul his engine, I also helped using my 'eye power' :lol:

When Ah Chong walked pass, he said "I got a feeling... Bike must scrap one!" Hahahaha! :lol:

Na Bei cold day still make cold jokes! :sweat:

Then while we dismount the engine, we were wondering why still cannot take out, Ah Chong walk pass again, and we asked him why cannot take out, he straight away say "Chee Bye! I see you face know you no strenght one. Morning never eat rice one!" Hahahahaha! :lol:

After some time we figured out there was still one hidden screw at the bottom we didn't remove, so the engine couldn't come out, no wonder 2 strong men (+ 1 more helping using eye power) couldn't take it out. :angel:

Then when the engine was dismounted and placed on a block of wood on the floor, Armani and friend asked the mech how to dismantle the engine, and ask about the sound coming from the engine, the plump malaysian mech answered, "Sound? What sound? Engine on the floor where got sound? I never heard sound leh, I only just got here. Want to heard sound you put the engine back and on the engine I listen lah." Na Bei ! People just removed engine ask us to put back so that can hear the sound! Hahahaha :lol: The joke must be learnt from the master one! :lol:

After that, I went back to my bike, because the oil filter had arrived, Ah Chong commented that the oil is very black, then when he took out the oil filter the oil filter was very hard, and told me luckily I came to change otherwise, another 5,000km travelled will end up overhaul. Phew! Luckily I got come to Planet! :sweat:

So while Ah Chong helped me change the oil, I asked Ah Chong about the exhaust, why stock exhaust that restrict the acceleration is better for top end speed and charge up my battery a bit. Before I went home to pick up my wife. :smile:

Total cost for 3 bottles of Motul engine oil and an original Suzuki oil filter $102

Total cost of cold jokes Priceless! :lol:

Coming back for next service definately! :)

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

The one with the heavily dented tank seems to be there like forever. That one?

I going planet shortly to inspect and help fix 2 SPs

Sent from my hong kong gangsta phone using Tapatalk

'That' R1 still there? The one that was always partially over? Either it was moved already or I didnt notice it the last time I was at Planet a few weeks ago.

It's been there for ages.

A sad story behind that R1, if wat the mech told me was correct.

Hardcore

Planet Motorcycle Supporter:thumb:

Changed the tyre of my old fazer to the new michelin power pure today. They said got promo a pair cost $380.

http://motorcycle.michelin.asia/twproduct/findProduct/moreProduct/174

That's cheap.

You using a gen1, with its 180 rear?

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

planet everyday everytym bzy ?

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

nope. best time to go is before they open. 9am-11am. these are the timing where probably 1 or 2 bikes is being attended to only.

come in the afternoons and maybe 5-6 bikes are queing as well.

unless you know the mechs and secret password to "jump" queue. which i both have. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH.

if you happen to be free on a day, just ride down in the morning and let the mechs attend to you. workmanship is probably one of the best, but dirty la. still, you can't beat the price/value it is.

weekday will be better than weekends for obvious reasons. and ah chong dont open on sunday.

they close at 8pm. hope that helps.

81st Time at Planet!

06/05/2011

01:50pm

weather: Hot!

Went to Planet to get my Phantom serviced. Phantom even longer didn't change engine oil.... :sian:

Think it's 5 months. But milage not even 1,500km. :dozed:

But knowing the engine oil will "Lao Hong" after 3 months have to change, so change lor... cannot treat my ”大老婆“ (first wife) any lesser than my “三姨太” (3rd mistress) mah.

Over at Planet, because I was rushing for time, I told the plump malaysia mech what to do and left to collect my “三姨太”from Seng Kwang. Things to do...

1. Change engine oil

2. Change air filter

3. Change brake pump brake still can use, but when pressed it's not very powerful, then press harder, suddenly very grip, so change.

When I got back, evrything was done. At first I saw the oil level almost totally full can hardly see the bubble, very worried over fill but when I tested it, the bubble bounce abit, became bigger then settled somewhere between the top and bottom limits. Well done!

When I went to pay Ah Chong, he asked the mech what was changed, and said "Die already, the front brake pump very expensive $100. But I charge you $60!" :lol: Hahaha! Only Planet quote the prices like that to the customers!

Then he ask what engine oil I used, I told him the American Rocket NASA one, Ah Chong said "Wah! That one is the most expensive one!" Hahahaha! :lol:

Total $102 including air filter. :smile:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

will planet open on monday ??

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

just sent my phantom for servicing at Planet this morning around 11.30am.

waited quite a while as there were a few bikes there already.

chex 9000 x1

spark plug x1

free tightening of chain and talking cock with mechanic.

total cost is 21 bucks. cheap.