SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

today.. after trail.. something wrong with my WR's clutch, feels like clutch slipping. bike does not respond to throttle..

though it needs to change clutch plate.. $$$

went to ah chong around 8:00pm and he is still busy with many customers.

told him clutch slipping and i will leave the bike.

chong said.."wait i try first"

he rode one round and adjusted the clutch cable...and told me "ok good alrdy.."

"if i want to earn your $$, i'll say clutch spoil.. but now it's good.. so go back.."

Really appreciate his honest advice and expert knowledge... Thumbs up for Ah Chong..

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

Realised I haven't been updating my Planet log for some time now. :cheeky:

66th Time at Planet

Went to Planet, with a hunch that one of the safely switch (emergency kill switch/side stand switch/clutch/ decompressoer switch) was causing an open circuit. So went down to experiement, but no luck went home disappointed. Ah Chong said it's most likely the CDI giving problem. And will try to "Do something"

67th Time at Planet

Went down to esort a classmate to Planet, because he never been there before, friend had his bike (XR400) stolen and bought a Phantom to use for a couple of months before he upgrade to class 2.

At Planet, we told San Wei that the bike got sound from the front near the engine, and he said the chain spoil, change the chain and spocket. We were abit sceptic, farther more my classmate only wanted to service the bike before selling, not restore it to mint condition. o_O So Ah Chong did a test ride, and announced chain need to tighten. Chain is a cheapo chain the previous owner changed to and it's not a very good chain, so got a lot of sound, when it goes round the front spocket, but can use. Phew!

San Wei got a black face the "Told you already, don't trust me" look.

But we were happy that the chain can still be used, instead of having to change a new chain. Anyway we changed the front fork seal (main reason we came to Planet), brakes pads and tighten the chain before going back.

68th Time at Planet

Went there to see what Dr Chong came up with for the CDI, Ah Chong actually got another bike's CDI and tried to connect it! :eek:

Too bad it didn't work so had to lay up the bike while we order replacement parts from overseas. :(

69th Time at Planet

Actually nothing much, just wen there to collect back my IC :cheeky:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

going there on monday too.. Headlight again.. 2 headlight assembly melted on my bulletheadlight assembly ;( iszt current( ampre) too high?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

get a led bulb in there sure not melt..i think,,

LED can be easily seen. But cannot flash on dark roads... Hence LED can be booster spot lights only..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

The ever best shop i love visiting. Went to planet to source for a 2nd hand headlight assembly as i got my stock assembly melt. End up searching high and low in ah chong store room and every corner in his shop. Found 1 after market headlight and it's good to go! It's a gift from ah chong. offered to pay for it. But he say nvm it's okay ;D haha

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Yap, got my headlight assembly from Ah Chong too, FREE!!! Also! :smile:

stock plastic assembly or glass??

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Stock TA150 plastic panel. Whole assembly! Including headlight lightbulb and wiring! :smile:

yes i took the whole assembly too. But pluck out the plastic only and use ;D

Ahh... maybe i'm selling of phantom and getting a Spark 135 ;D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

o_O?

what happen? why thumbs down?

i went just now to get advise and tighten my stomach for free wor.. it's always a thumbs up... :)

unless you are very "clean" and "neat" person.. den i would say planet is not a place for you..

cause i don't like them to touch my bike also.. whahaha!! so i diy most of the time.. unless... hard ones...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

+ 1 to that.. normally ah chong mechs saw how shine my chrome is, he will use a cloth to handle it..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

70th time at Planet

27/11/2010

02:55pm

weather:Unpredictable

mood: @#$%^ Weather.... :angry:

Went to Planet to get my DR800 seat a new cushion, on the way there, very hot and sunny in the carpark, once move off sudden down pour!!! Upon arriving at Planet no rain!

Ah Chong said "Tee Gong Pang Jio!" (Thunder god peeing) when he saw me in rain coat. When I was there, I asked Ah Chong if the Suzuki parts he asked the supplier to check out has got the parts already, Ah Chong told me "Supplier still checking, haven't call me, give them more time, need to ask Japan, if still no reply, next week I call them again."

Hear already sian 1/2, because the last time Ah Chong help me to ask them was about 10 days ago. 10 days to check stock.... not even to confirm if have. So I told Ah Chong when they call tell them no need to search, I am ordering the parts for the DR online from UK. Now you know why my bike so long still at Planet. Supplier for Suzuki parts in South East Asia sucks!

UK Shop was very very very efficient, after the 1st mail reply was given on the same day, and confirmed that they can get the parts shipped to Singapore inbetween 10-14 days.

Then before going, I siphoned out 1 gallon of petrol from my DR800 tanks to my Phantom, Phantom hit reserve on the way here. :cheeky:

But when trying to get the fuel out, cannot get anything when I on the fuel cock of the DR's tank?!?!?! Thaen Ah Chong told me, need fuel pump on, so fuel cock what position also nothing come out. :lol: So we put the fuel tank on the tyre machine, to siphone, but do 1/2 way Ah guan need to use, so quickly siphon 1 jug and run away! :angel:

Then when I went back to the Phantom... MY SUZUKI DR's SEAT WAS GONE!!! :eek:

Then saw it resting on some old tyres! Someone moved it to put on some old tyres... turtle.... make me sweat cold sweat on a cloudy day (yes now weather turning cloudy)

So went to Eugene to recushion and rewrap.

Edited by Silent Hunter

• 2 weeks later...

71, 72 and 73 time there!

09/12/2010

Parts for the DR800 have arrived! :clap:

Went to Planet to deliver the parts, then waited to make sure the bike can start before leaving, Ah Chong see already was all smiles. :smile:

After replacing the wire harness, stato coil, engine cover and CDI... Wooo.... the sparks from the spark plugs soooo big!

Wiring was done by the plump Malaysia Mech, and he did a real good job of it too. Heard from Ah Chong the next day that he washed the carb after I left too.

Transferred 4 litres of petrol to it from my Phantom just to be sure that when I collect the bike, can ride home.

Saw Bikee and PureIce when I was waiting for Ah Chong to do up the bike.

The China mech is getting really good at doing Phantoms now, he was doing overhaul for a Phantom when I was waiting. From the way I see him do it, he can service my Phantom any day.

10/12/2010

Went back to Planet, but without the seat for the DR and today is the inspection day! Die! No seat! :eek:

So asked Ah Chong to lend me a scrambler seat. But Ah Chong said "Don't Have! Use this one!" Haahahaa! It's an old seat! Looks like it's from an RXK or something like that. But can fit! :lol:

Only thing is it doesn't have the screw holes to secure it, so use net to secure then call tow truck! Sent for inspection! PASS!!! Hahahaha! :lol:

Then heard the bad news from Ah Chong, repair cost will be at least $1,000.

So on the way home went to ATM withdrew $1,000.

11/12/2010

Paid the Road Tax and went to collect the bike! Yay! Then rode to Eugene without any seat! Use newspaper to cover! Hahaha!

Ah Chong ask me to test ride first before going, so I tested.... test until go Eugene get back my seat and go Ah Boy to buy Disc Lock! :angel:

Ah Chong did a breakdown of the cost

3 x bottles of Motul engine oil

2 x spark plugs

1 x rewrapping of coil

labour for washing carb, wiring....

Total= $425 + Rental of old RXZ Seat $500

I took out my $1,000 of $50 notes, and paid Ah Chong $500, (A little extra to give the mechs a treat for the good job.)

When told Ah Chong I really withdraw $1,000 to make sure I got enough to pay, the China Mech who was behind him, drinking water spilled the water out in a fountain, really like merlion spray water from the mouth like that. Then I remembered, Ah Chong like to crack cold jokes..... :sian:

Bought extra headlight bulbs for my Malaysia trip too.

Just a note, LTA does not do Road Tax Payment anymore.