SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

We all learn from each other & share our experiences.

I am keen to know, how do you "e-brake with line of advance in direction of gap". Do you mean you can change direction while e-braking?

ya lor... we all learn n share mah, this i learn from a more senior biker so i just pass on lor

heh heh... accept or not up to individual :cheeky:

anyway, this is only a theoretical suggestion to an emergency situation aiming to minimise damage... i dunno whether it has been tested or proven yet. whether or not siam into gap for the remaining stopping distance could really result in a less serious impact and minimise damage, just hope so lor. guess its better than a slam direct into backside situation. but if suay, anything could go wrong.

i sincerely hope that no one needs to try it :pray:

trying to change direction while e-braking could cause your bike to skid... bike instructor demonstrated (he didn't buang though) this to us during the defensive riding course :p

as for sequence, guess it should be bike heading for gap then execute braking. else, i think sure skid one

dude take it easy, I think he meant what you're saying ;)

hahahahah... no worries mate, cooooool :angel:

may all be well and happy

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest @h_püi™
like hamsterwhale said or you wait and tahan till your next full servicing and do it all up then feel realy good :D

cos i scare too much of the hard starting later will lead to starter spoile

ya lor... we all learn n share mah, this i learn from a more senior biker so i just pass on lor

heh heh... accept or not up to individual :cheeky:

anyway, this is only a theoretical suggestion to an emergency situation aiming to minimise damage... i dunno whether it has been tested or proven yet. whether or not siam into gap for the remaining stopping distance could really result in a less serious impact and minimise damage, just hope so lor. guess its better than a slam direct into backside situation. but if suay, anything could go wrong.

i sincerely hope that no one needs to try it :pray:

trying to change direction while e-braking could cause your bike to skid... bike instructor demonstrated (he didn't buang though) this to us during the defensive riding course :p

as for sequence, guess it should be bike heading for gap then execute braking. else, i think sure skid one

hahahahah... no worries mate, cooooool :angel:

seen before my instructor sliding at bbdc during the ride safe event..hmm will see it agian this 22nd for my def riding too ;)

cos i scare too much of the hard starting later will lead to starter spoile

see who can answer you, I'd wanna go ask someone :)

Hi, just to enquire, is paying 1k for insurance(TPFT) common for a phantom? the TA200 version... I'm 19 and just passed my license...

Class 2B - 23 Nov 2007

Class 2A - 24 Mar 2009

Class 2 - 19 Oct 2010

Class 3 - 20 Jul 2011

wow thats kinda ex lol..so much for a phantom :giddy: mitsui is it? maybe its because of your P plate and your age.. mine's around 5-600+ for normal 3rd party i think.

actually ntuc quote me 900 plus... haha.. wif free ntuc voucher $50... is izzit worth the price? or is it better to find another insurance company?

Class 2B - 23 Nov 2007

Class 2A - 24 Mar 2009

Class 2 - 19 Oct 2010

Class 3 - 20 Jul 2011

bro, bo pian one. You too "you kee" liao. Insurance loading on age and P plate. Mine is $300 for 3rd party, and I got it on the 2nd day of passing. That was inclusive of the $150 loading for p-plate.

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/53/44/27584435/1_410853473l.jpg

heh heh... my 2nd party $245 i oredi complain like kenna rob... guess i can't make noise liow http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/evil-eyes-0039.gif

Why yours $300 onli? Big differences lei..

read below again.

bro, bo pian one. You too "you kee" liao. Insurance loading on age and P plate. Mine is $300 for 3rd party, and I got it on the 2nd day of passing. That was inclusive of the $150 loading for p-plate.

long time never hear anyone saying that word liao lol.."you kee" dude your age must be quite ahem ahem la to get that price lol.

if its real flat( you can tell visibly), don't ride, you'll just damage your rims or some other things and end up paying more and getting more frustrations in return.

if its just a nail in you TUBELESS tyre and your tyre is not punctured alot, then you still can ride slowly.still not advisable..

best to tow, 20 bucks and wait max for 2 hour(even at night) and you'll get a saviour in return.Metalfyre gave me that hotline before.Saved my night ;)

but i onli apply insurance onli after 2 weeks after i pass my license... how come still more expensive than noobike de? his 300 onli... he apply 2 days after he pass...

Class 2B - 23 Nov 2007

Class 2A - 24 Mar 2009

Class 2 - 19 Oct 2010

Class 3 - 20 Jul 2011

age dude, he could be older than 25 and in a diff age group while you're still below 20 and in a very expensive age group. Diff insurance companies do affect pricing a lil but its usually slight diff and ignored, in this case.Have to let him tell ya.

Guys, is it possible to lower our phantoms?

maxvelox I think this is the bike you are looking for. A real beauty (of course in the eyes of the beholder).

Steed has that kind of look, slender, higher tank and lower seat. The springer edition is a real eye catcher.

ste4-191[1].jpg

I just love the looks, feel and sound of an old good Guzzi, though it has been around since the time of my Grandfather. I guess "they" don't do things like that anymore! Well it's not true.

"They" still do URALS

actually ntuc quote me 900 plus... haha.. wif free ntuc voucher $50... is izzit worth the price? or is it better to find another insurance company?

Wah, im surprised it's of that price. Usually its tops! Mitsui is offering above 1K for the premium.

Anyways the differences that make up the price gaps are rider's age, Probation periods, riding experience, what bike/how many CCs, which insurance company and the relative premiums itself. The prices hiked 3 times in 2007, so dont be shocked to hear very low prices for insurances applied in the past, especially before this year.

maxvelox I think this is the bike you are looking for. A real beauty (of course in the eyes of the beholder).

Steed has that kind of look, slender, higher tank and lower seat. The springer edition is a real eye catcher.

Wow that's a beauty!!

I have the best signature.

quote=Mamduh;3590614]maxvelox I think this is the bike you are looking for. A real beauty (of course in the eyes of the beholder).

i think this is nicer and should our phantom look and performs like this I'll be glad ;)

http://www.dvmoto.ru/images/archiv_foto/honda/honda_x4/x4_3.JPG

the "modified pipe"

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/217/502581763_26f469fb75.jpg?v=0

hi guys

need some ideas here... one of my screws holding the speedo to petrol tank is stuck. sprayed lots of wd40, left overnight, spray again n turned allen key hard, still no go. gave up coz didn't wanna spoil the hex thread.

any suggestions? :angel:

Guest @h_püi™

did you use a longer screw driver?

when you turn that time one hand depress onto the screwdriver (putting pressure) the other hand turn