SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

how to check if the brake pad is rubbing against the disc?

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know how the mechs check it Visually, I still can't get the hang of it :( some do it by hearing, like when brake pad wears off and calipers is rubbing against disc you'll get the metal on metal sound

how to check if the brake pad is rubbing against the disc?

Gotta bend down low in front of the front tyre, look up 45 degrees towards the pads. Download the TA200 manual for reference on judging the extent of wear. I checked Hassan's recently, his is almost a goner.

I have the best signature.

Guest @h_püi™

Question:

What is the recommending timing to off the choke after having start up the bike when using it for a cold start?

trying to Answer:

is there such a timing guide in the manual? if there's not I suggest just push it back before you start riding would be okay..wouldn't it?

Hmm... that's quite true also...

Just think that it would make the phantom look that much nicer.

it'll be nice when you just got it, and when u just wash it. other than that, collect dust and dirt. :p

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/pp/rndops/web/ship/gif/rad70.gif

Wah... how much moolah might that cost? Any guess?

I estimate at least 100 for 2nd hand rims + installation + other changes maybe due to diff rim size or sth.. or you just get a 2nd hand rim from scrap yard identical to what we're using now, find someone to drill the holes you want and change it.

Do take note, drilling holes thru it MAY affect the structure and the strength of the wheel to hold up the weight being pressed downwards by your bike..its kinda late now, I'm just typing what I think could be happening..do your calculations right dude.

Ok the dust and dirt part sound sucky lol

i don't even want to think about it. :p

I estimate at least 100 for 2nd hand rims + installation + other changes maybe due to diff rim size or sth.. or you just get a 2nd hand rim from scrap yard identical to what we're using now, find someone to drill the holes you want and change it.

Do take note, drilling holes thru it MAY affect the structure and the strength of the wheel to hold up the weight being pressed downwards by your bike..its kinda late now, I'm just typing what I think could be happening..do your calculations right dude.

looks like someone is using his engineering.. :thumb:

nope, someone is just using some sleepy sense ZZzzz... anyways it won't hurt to help advise others..you'll get the much needed advice yourself when you ask for it ;)

nope, someone is just using some sleepy sense ZZzzz... anyways it won't hurt to help advise others..you'll get the much needed advice yourself when you ask for it ;)

;) go revise on your mechanics man.. shear strength and all.. :p

Hi all.

I tried to do a search in the forum but it seems not very helpful.

A newbie question. I'm curious if the rear rim of phantom could be changed to those with holes instead of a full disc? My very first post! :cheeky:

Actually i think cleaning it will be less of a b!tch... with more 'holes' = less area to clean mah? Except for spokerims of course.

By the ways, changing it to one with 'holes' should make the bike lighter from the back and easier to manouver (as we all know Phantom is ultra heavy by the rear and skidding risk is high) so i guess its worth the hunt. Maybe you should contact madman and see if Thailand has any rear rims or anything.

I have the best signature.

hmm how much weight can you lose? its just like those 2 strokers taking out their 2t pump and/or DIY-ing a 2t pump(water bottle) and thinking that would help lose weight..further more, having holes in the rim may affect the aerodynamics of the bike, its just like driving a car and having your windows open, affecting 5% of your aerodynamics

smile y'all,

jB

Actually i think cleaning it will be less of a b!tch... with more 'holes' = less area to clean mah? Except for spokerims of course.

By the ways, changing it to one with 'holes' should make the bike lighter from the back and easier to manouver (as we all know Phantom is ultra heavy by the rear and skidding risk is high) so i guess its worth the hunt. Maybe you should contact madman and see if Thailand has any rear rims or anything.

Hmmm speaking of which... maybe that is exactly why they have a full disc instead of holed ones; I mean the weight. :o