SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

i advise you to pass then buy.. but i believe you want to buy first also can.. what's your budget for a phantom? pls dont say the cheaper the better.. at least state roughly how old bike you want.. i can keep a lookout for you if i happen to go to bike shops.. which shop better a little hard to say.. you can try the buy sell section in the forum which will get you a better price rather than shops most of the time..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are many cruisers with non-full-solid rear rims.

Have you tried carrying your rear rim? It's fuggin heavy. You will lose a LOT of weight. To think the Phantom is fuggin heavy at the rear, you will definitely feel the difference. This is also supported by my friendly preferred mech :p

When safety is a concern, the price doesnt matter :)

Maybe they did their calculations correctly and its good. Like sports rim for cars or spokey rims for kups, how'd the whole bike/car support on those few sticks of metal connected to the shaft.. I did carry my bike from the rear before.Maybe thats why I need more massage from Land of Smiles :p

Yup price to pay for safety is better than price to pay for not being safe.

guys.. want to ask about gloves.. i need leather waterproof with some protection.

i dont need steel knuckle dianese gloves (now JR selling 80 $).

i've been using LAB half gloves, normal cotton/nylon gloves(freebies from RideSafe event) and now thinking of getting good (affordable) ones.

too bad Kev's leather gloves sold off, so anyone can recommend brand or model?

how about Rjays leather gloves? are they water proof ?

Would advise you to invest more in much comfy and protective gloves dude ;) Maybe try to find those Kevlar kinda types..Rs Taichi ain't bad it seems..essential..would get a pair of those soon for myself.

Hi all.. I'm going for my theory test next monday, then going to do license conversion.. wanna ask whether can go buy a bike first before getting my license or i have to wait till i completed my conversion then can buy. Then, which shop buy TA200 better ah? dun wanna become carrot also. :p

Some like myself would advise you to stay away from Alexandra shops to get bikes unless you've spare cash to pay or you know the owners personally. You can get the bike from shop first but they won't allow you to ride it because you're not insured(no licence). Its good to buy from private owners themselves(like buy from me :p ).

Smile! :]

well, looking for grey or black or silver colour TA200.. maybe FW and above plate... budget wise, around 2k plus minus 500 lo...

izzit hard to get the paper works done for the bike transfer? coz i notice, if buy from individual, need to purchase insurance, do transfer documents etc etc etc by our own.. how long does it take before i can start riding? Was hoping to get it from motortiam if it can save me all the hassle of running here and there for the paperwork..

ohh haha okay, mine's kinda black with a mixture of another colour which you can revert back to stock color :cheeky:

in that case you should get from shop ;)

since you wanna save trouble :thumb:

Maybe they did their calculations correctly and its good. Like sports rim for cars or spokey rims for kups, how'd the whole bike/car support on those few sticks of metal connected to the shaft.. I did carry my bike from the rear before.Maybe thats why I need more massage from Land of Smiles :p

Yup price to pay for safety is better than price to pay for not being safe.

Would advise you to invest more in much comfy and protective gloves dude ;) Maybe try to find those Kevlar kinda types..Rs Taichi ain't bad it seems..essential..would get a pair of those soon for myself.

Some like myself would advise you to stay away from Alexandra shops to get bikes unless you've spare cash to pay or you know the owners personally. You can get the bike from shop first but they won't allow you to ride it because you're not insured(no licence). Its good to buy from private owners themselves(like buy from me :p ).

Smile! :]

You got TA 200 for sale? :bounce: do PM me ya!

ohh haha okay, mine's kinda black with a mixture of another colour which you can revert back to stock color :cheeky:

in that case you should get from shop ;)

since you wanna save trouble :thumb:

Actually if it is not that troublesome to do the transfer, I dont mind doing it myself.

lol its your choice dude ;) but there is one friend who wants my bike already, I can't decide whether to keep it or upgrade to another 2b bike :D

haha keep track to my signature ;) or you can add me in msn dude..think I've 2 friends who want my bike as transport already lol..

Yea... thanks anyway. Still, if got anyone wanna sell your ride, do contact me ah!

heh heh... you can have my ride but at a premium lor. its kept n tuned to tip-top condition, new crash bar, new tyres, new chain n sprockets, new forks, new throttle grip, etc. wah! lots of things new... hahahaha

... HOSAY LIOW :angel:

regular riders and those who tried my bike can vouch for it :cheeky:

jB, borrow your slogan :D

may all be well and happy

Do fire & theft insurance covers the theft of saddlebags?

nope... we can learn from bro ausa's painful experience. his shadow's tank and many parts got stripped and stolen but insurance only cover when whole bike stolen, left bone also cannot... gotta replace from own pocket :giddy:

Do fire & theft insurance covers the theft of saddlebags?

you can say your insurance only covers the stock version of your ride at market rate ;)

heh heh... you can have my ride but at a premium lor. its kept n tuned to tip-top condition, new crash bar, new tyres, new chain n sprockets, new forks, new throttle grip, etc. wah! lots of things new... hahahaha

... HOSAY LIOW :angel:

regular riders and those who tried my bike can vouch for it :cheeky:

jB, borrow your slogan :D

HOSAY! where's my royalties? :angry:

pay me with a smile :]

i got one qsn...u finally recieve the letter from lta regarding the ownership transfer..it says there is 4 transfer so i m number what owner ar??5th or 4th?

wow my back whell skid when i do a ebrake at traffic light on my last ride sia...still abit shaken

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

i got one qsn...u finally recieve the letter from lta regarding the ownership transfer..it says there is 4 transfer so i m number what owner ar??5th or 4th?

wow my back whell skid when i do a ebrake at traffic light on my last ride sia...still abit shaken

dont worry common phantom prob. i just fishtail just now(think tts wad its called)

just try to control and brake early, front, back and engine brake.

dont worry common phantom prob. i just fishtail just now(think tts wad its called)

just try to control and brake early, front, back and engine brake.

huh??what thing that is the phantom common problem??what fishtail?

ever see a fish swim by flipping its tail sideways? phantom and many cruiser's have heavier backsides. when we brake too hard on slippery floor, our bike's backside skids sideways (steering cone as fulcrum) as its heavier ass has more momentum (mass x velocity). "fishtail" and loose balance becomes skid n buang... better ride with care and practice defensive riding

hey dynamics/physics students pls correct me if i'm wrong... last did my dynamics >17 years ago :sweat:

oh...like tat ar..ya i today back skid man

damn scary...i hope don have phobia for riding sia..lol...anyway...the letter from lta it says 4 transfer means i m 5th or 4th owner?

Hi all.. I'm going for my theory test next monday, then going to do license conversion.. wanna ask whether can go buy a bike first before getting my license or i have to wait till i completed my conversion then can buy. Then, which shop buy TA200 better ah? dun wanna become carrot also. :p

can buy, just dunno how to gonna bring home.

ta200 first hand can be tough to find.

2nd hand, no such thing as best buy best price. usually low price is old bike. young bike is high price. but if the young man got severe asthma, old man is bloody healthy... then its really luck. bringing an experienced friend to listen to the engine and check wear and tear really helps. to a certain extent lar.

anyone got experience that their stock pipe got a hole below? i happen to stand there, and felt the exhaust.. felt around, and there is a hole on my pipe, where the header joins the pipe...

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/pp/rndops/web/ship/gif/rad70.gif

call for a truck and ship it home :cool:

1st hand brand new ones still available... left over stocks. saw some in shops along serangoon road, including ASP :p

4th i guess..some of the transfer maybe from owner to shop so do you call that as you being 4th owner? haha someone correct me :D

ever see a fish swim by flipping its tail sideways? phantom and many cruiser's have heavier backsides. when we brake too hard on slippery floor, our bike's backside skids sideways (steering cone as fulcrum) as its heavier ass has more momentum (mass x velocity). "fishtail" and loose balance becomes skid n buang... better ride with care and practice defensive riding

hey dynamics/physics students pls correct me if i'm wrong... last did my dynamics >17 years ago :sweat:

I'm a physics student but I don't know whats dynamics(maybe studied but returned to lecturer :p)

anyway from a 19 year old's POV,

heavy rear, jammed brakes, bike shifts to one direction because your bike confirm not travelling 90 degree straight no matter what, you continue going forth, rear slides to another direction. and so on...

its better than a tankslap :p cuz till now I haven't learn the theoritical way of handling that.Anyone can help?

2nd hand, no such thing as best buy best price. usually low price is old bike. young bike is high price. but if the young man got severe asthma, old man is bloody healthy... then its really luck. bringing an experienced friend to listen to the engine and check wear and tear really helps. to a certain extent lar.

can be found, haha must know your contacts only ;) listening helps to an extent only like you mentioned.Cuz some things can't be heard or you can say what may happen maybe won't be heard by you now :p

anyone got experience that their stock pipe got a hole below? i happen to stand there, and felt the exhaust.. felt around, and there is a hole on my pipe, where the header joins the pipe...

its norm dude ;)