SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yesterday i sent in my bike for servicing and to repair a dent on the fuel tank, he discovered that my fuel tank is corroded due to wear and tear after draining out my petrol. he suggested changing to a brand new fuel tank for 300+ rather than knocking back the dent and touching up the paintwork for 100+ becos it may leak after a few months (which doesnt solve the problem). anyone here changed to a brand new fuel tank b4 and how much it cost? seeking opinions... thanks

Work to ride and ride to work :dot:

yesterday i sent in my bike for servicing and to repair a dent on the fuel tank, he discovered that my fuel tank is corroded due to wear and tear after draining out my petrol. he suggested changing to a brand new fuel tank for 300+ rather than knocking back the dent and touching up the paintwork for 100+ becos it may leak after a few months (which doesnt solve the problem). anyone here changed to a brand new fuel tank b4 and how much it cost? seeking opinions... thanks

get a decent one from scrapyard at less than 100 ? or a new bigger tank from madman which can hold up to many many litres :D

get a decent one from scrapyard at less than 100 ? or a new bigger tank from madman which can hold up to many many litres :D

can try Hup Lee Leong at 26 Sungei Kadut St 3... saw a phantom tank with speedo going for $65, if its still there. tank ok but need respray unless u not fussy

may all be well and happy

seriously would like to do sth with that tank to replace my tank before my bike goes..see when the spare cash comes along to play :]

one qsn i would like to ask...will the batt charge when there is movement like car??or we have to charge it once in awhile?

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

its constantly charging when your engine is running Mr surfer- blue dude ;)

when you throttle, pay attention to the brightness of your headlight at night.

same working as the cars... when bike engine starts, it also spins the alternator which generates ac current which is in turn converted to dc current by the rectifier. the dc current powers the bike's electrical parts and also charges the battery

same working as the cars... when bike engine starts, it also spins the alternator which generates ac current which is in turn converted to dc current by the rectifier. the dc current powers the bike's electrical parts and also charges the battery

thx man...:cool:

errr... tot i read someone posted saying if brightness goes up and down when we throttle up and release means batt (and possibly rectifier) not healthy and/or batt kenna taxed darn jialat liow :confused:

my bike headlight remains same brightness even if i throttle up leh

huh so if light get brighter den dimmer means smth wrong izit??

errr... tot i read someone posted saying if brightness goes up and down when we throttle up and release means batt (and possibly rectifier) not healthy and/or batt kenna taxed darn jialat liow :confused:

my bike headlight remains same brightness even if i throttle up leh

haha I don't know..our batt does have a lifespan..maybe mine going up lorry soon :p.. batt is cheap around 20 odd so not to worry..LAB is around the corner..

huh so if light get brighter den dimmer means smth wrong izit??

Still able to use, don't worry..take it easy and watch the rain droplets fall from the sky man..

your headlights should not dim or brighten when reving it should be constant, dimming would indicate a weakening battery (ie no longer holding full charge) my battery is showing signs of weakening but as yet headlight still constant.

one qsn i would like to ask...will the batt charge when there is movement like car??or we have to charge it once in awhile?

Bikes are similar to cars, their battery do get charged when they are started, but if the trip is only a short distance the battery is not fully charged. So it is better for the life span of the battery if u charge up yr battery once in a while. :)

HP: 93891138 :angel:

wah seh shear stress. hookers law: stress/strain :D

u watch too much Prison Break liao. :p

aiya... batts are very important, buy the better ones lah. too bad our batt housing so miserably small, otherwise i'ld put in a more solid one... heh heh :cheeky:

do what the previous owner of my old bike did.. take out the air box, fit in a K&N, and put in a S4 battery. ;)

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/pp/rndops/web/ship/gif/rad70.gif

hi, i'm curious as to why DID is so much preferred over other cheaper heavy duty chains. DID usually cost 130 in a set, heavy duty 50 bux. i can change almost 3 chains compared to 1 DID. just wondering why.

maybe the comparison is like IRC vs Pirelli, but again,

Most motordiams when queried about IRC and michelin, pirelli, metz would usually reply "ai ya it depends on how you ride, which rubber won't slide if you jam brake in wet weather?"

but not to pick the bones inside egg, i agree that i would take metz/pirelli over IRC anytime even if the price is double. personal experience, IRC slides over white line even in dry weather. i was like wadda fug.

but deep in my heart, if we go by this analogy all the time, spark plug must buy 22 dollar 1 else combustion not good, brakes must buy expensive EBC else braking risky, must buy metal braking hose, must change fully Syn every service and must svc every 1,000 else may kena piston jam..... the list goes on.

i must highlight that i'm just curious, and just whining. if anyone takes offense, i apologise in advance. Just like many people still debate over voltage stabilisers, i'm curious.

sorry abt the long post. hee

Heard before they said O ring is lighter than heavy duty and X is lighter than O.Thats what I heard.only used heavy duty and O ring before, weight diff I don't know..never held them up and compare.How long they can last and perform is one thing for the price.Its just like buying a cannondale bicycle with light weight body and a normal bicycle made of steel that will rust and weighs more.

hmm how much weight can you lose? its just like those 2 strokers taking out their 2t pump and/or DIY-ing a 2t pump(water bottle) and thinking that would help lose weight..further more, having holes in the rim may affect the aerodynamics of the bike, its just like driving a car and having your windows open, affecting 5% of your aerodynamics

jB

There are many cruisers with non-full-solid rear rims.

Have you tried carrying your rear rim? It's fuggin heavy. You will lose a LOT of weight. To think the Phantom is fuggin heavy at the rear, you will definitely feel the difference. This is also supported by my friendly preferred mech :p

sorry abt the long post. hee

I heard the DID would last longer, hence you tend to spend a lot lesser in the long run, and have to tighten the chain less often. Another example of saving money for the long run is the K&N Air Filter.

Matters such as tyres, of course must choose good ones. When safety is a concern, the price doesnt matter :)

Spark plugs and most other aspects you mentioned, they are of little concern or improvement to the Phantom's performance or none at all IMO, but go ahead and get the optimums if it works for you, even if its psychologically.

I have the best signature.

guys.. want to ask about gloves.. i need leather waterproof with some protection.

i dont need steel knuckle dianese gloves (now JR selling 80 $).

i've been using LAB half gloves, normal cotton/nylon gloves(freebies from RideSafe event) and now thinking of getting good (affordable) ones.

too bad Kev's leather gloves sold off, so anyone can recommend brand or model?

how about Rjays leather gloves? are they water proof ?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

Hi all.. I'm going for my theory test next monday, then going to do license conversion.. wanna ask whether can go buy a bike first before getting my license or i have to wait till i completed my conversion then can buy. Then, which shop buy TA200 better ah? dun wanna become carrot also. :p