SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SUSPension Related Discussion

sky_80

do anyone happen to know how much the inverted so called 'showa' fork cost how much

cos i bought my wave not long and it come with the full set showa inverted front fork and rear susp with canister actually my personal view la

i feel dat the front fork is actually not bad

its soft but not bouncy giving u pretty smooth corners

anway do anyone know where can i get those apart from JB ah boy

http://www.mototriti.gr/jpg/mtr/390/NEWS/1809093.jpg

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MERGED THREAD

Topic : Chain Too Near Main Stand

Description : Thousand apologies...

Thousand apologies to all who wanted to help but prevented by the language barrier. Sorry, I got carried away.

OK i'll rephrase my problem:

I'd changed my rear susp and added xtension brackets below. Recently i noticed that the gap between my chain and mainstand when folded is very close. I'm afraid that if i tighten the chain slack, it might be too tight especially that i almost always carry a pillion.

BTW whats the optimum slack of the chain (taking into account the pillion)?

Isn't it true when theres a pillion, the swingarm will thigten the slack due to the extra weight? Any ideas to widen the chain-to- mainstand gap? :sorry: :smile: :help:

Linux User #463727

2007/06 - 2009/01:Suzuki GSR400

2009/01 - 2013/12:BMW F800ST

2013/12 - Current:Yamaha FJR1300A

We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.

MERGED THREAD

Topic : Where to buy Rear and Front Suspension

Description : Yamaha X1

Does anyone know where In malaysia (J.B) can i buy cheap Rear and Front Suspension for Yamaha X1. How much does it cost including instal for both suspension. Prefer to have the Gold colour fork for the front and as for the rear suspension, if possible i will be getting the gold colour one or maybe other colour. Does anyone here know the price in RM??

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x219/ts_subaru/Hondasonic.jpg

NO more ROV/TP on the roads. :thumb:

where is the BPLUS located? Alot of cub items for sale there? In SG or Malaysia?

Fazer600S2 2007 Damage List

- Hel Brakelines (Carbon), Motovation Sliders, H&B Journey 50L Top Box, DNA Air Filter, Dynamyx Volt Meter, Spy Alarm LM209, Scottoiler V-System, Bagster Tank Bra, Broquet Fuel Charger B5T, PUIG Touring Windshield

Originally posted by sLapshock@Mar 15 2006, 04:20 AM

in sg. near auntie shop there...

yes.. accesories shop mainly POSH and original yamaha parts w/ serial.

but that shop also chop cut head kao kao one....

ya lor agree with u, the price thr quote double standard one, one of the guy quote me $80 for a set of item, whr as the lady quote me $40 for the same set of item. So contridicting, now everytime having second thoughts when one to buy things from thr.

Oh okay thx for the info... anyway i looking forward to my last mod then i think i can relax one side look at other modder struggle liao. Actually if wanna purchase POSH items JB also have lots of it at cheaper price and i always use the same old-school trick "Huh? so expensive? That shop down there quote me xxx price only~ If u charge me cheaper i let u do how bout it?" HAha and it works most of the time unless u know u already got the Rock-Bottom quote liao.... :cheer:

Fazer600S2 2007 Damage List

- Hel Brakelines (Carbon), Motovation Sliders, H&B Journey 50L Top Box, DNA Air Filter, Dynamyx Volt Meter, Spy Alarm LM209, Scottoiler V-System, Bagster Tank Bra, Broquet Fuel Charger B5T, PUIG Touring Windshield

The X-1 guys also havin the same problem after changing shock absorbers. Refer to this thread.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....c=74524&st=1980

History n Present ride

Nov '00 till Dec '00 - Aprilia RS 125cc 1 Mth

Dec '00 till Oct '05- Yamaha RXZ Delux 135cc 4 Years 11Mths

Feb '04 till Dec '09 - Honda Wave-S 125cc 5 Years 10Mths

Dec '09 till Sept '12 - Yamaha FZ150i 2 Years 9Mths

Sept 12 till Aug '19 - Yamaha Spark 135 RX 6 Years 11Mths

Aug '19 till Present - Honda CB125F

MERGED THREAD

Topic : WAVE Suspension

Description : Installation

Hi,

i want to install aftermarket wave rear suspensions myself. and trying to save some time and money here. does anyone knows how to remove the bodywork for the tailsection?

thank u

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

there are 4 screws below e mud guard, 2 at ur U-box, 2 in-between ur front n rear fairin, 1 in e center..tats all..

:thumb:

http://www.freewebtown.com/idioticlown/library/image/Pic_0011a.JPG

Lamer by Day Poser by Night

EX-Wives

r ppl whom u cant have....

Current Wife

is in ur heart nt on screen...

All is not lost..at least i did it b4.Have you? Life is not abt regrets, its abt how you live it 2 the fullest everyday..Bt its doesnt matters anymore cos i have been fooled by e deceptions of LIFE..

if ur suspension has a fake canister

jus put it upside down, then no need to cut fairing le

:cheeky:

PROBLEM is not serious, if it can be solved with MONEY ... the PROBLEM comes when you have NO MONEY

Honda Wave 110s - FT7476M

Honda CG 125 ----- FK7947T

Suzuki Bandit 400 - FM 8039Y

Yamaha Fazer 6 --- FW7537E

Honda Steed ------- FN 5565R

Yamaha YP 250 - FS2578R

Suzuki DL650 ---- FX9497T

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

think might be ur rear sus spoilt liao.. go ask mech ba. they shld know...

PasSion for rIdinG burns as long as my soul lives...

RidEs

_____

Kymco Zinc150..Honda TA150..Suzuki Despardo400..Honda CB400 PB1..Yamaha Spark110..Suzuki V_Strom 1000k3..Yamaha Majesty Yp250..Suzuki DR650 SE..Honda Sonic125..Yamaha Fino'08..Honda CBF150'07..Honda Deauville 650..B-Bone125..

• 4 weeks later...

MERGED THREAD

Topic : inverted fork for wave?

Description : need recommendation

Hi all,

Do you have any good inverted fork to recommend for wave. Could you include the brand (or what it is called), the place to get it, and the price (rough)?

Thanks ,

Tin:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

MERGED THREAD

Topic : Recommend me rear suspension

Description : What gantung to buy

Hi fellow Cubbers,

may I ask for your recommendation of which Brand/Model of rear suspension to get also the price and where to buy (singapore and JB)

Thanks!

"http://www.at-asia.org"

im currently using a showa fake from malaysia heard dat it cost about $200+ riggit

my friend just fixed a ohlin fake inverted plus a oversize brakedisc include bracket just cost him $400 ringgit

think u guys can check it out in malaysia if not try sg oso can i went to ask it cost about $120 if i dun remember wrongly

http://www.mototriti.gr/jpg/mtr/390/NEWS/1809093.jpg

yO bRo..

gAntuNgs aye? hEHEhe..de mOst iMpT tHing..fEr A sTBle cOner eTc..

jb gOt All Sorts LAh..hhEHehe..bUt iMport tHing iS da lEngTh..sOme lOng And sOme sHort..wat bIke u ridin?

mE rIde x-1..i bOught lOng gAntUng b4..da cOnerin all diff liAo..CG and aero dynamics all change..pLus uR mAin sTand Need to weld cOz da heigHT of da maIn stanD eqUils tO ur lOng gantUng..

lOng ones neeD time tO loosen up cOz ItS tOo hArd..sO u must PilliOn A lOt..cOz if tOo hArd, u cORner wObbLe..plus cOZ oF da heigHt n hArdnEss, ,mY bIke wObbLes lIke nO bodY bUsInEss @110km/h...n i mEan wObbLe lIKe cRaZy!!

hEhE..bUt Once da gantuNg sEasOn, pOwer... u can corner lIke crazy cOz, ur foot rest is actUlly hIghEr..so can .....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

hehEhe..bUt Now i cHAngE to da sHorT gantuNg..sAfter fer hIgh sPeed, cornERIng oSo oK lAr, sHorTer hEigHt of foot rest means i can use thinner tyrErS cOmpAred to lOnger gantungs(dis one can use90/80) HehEhE...

i gOt fEr da cOloR of da cOils n da coLour of da metal parts..i uSin GAZI bOugHt at BpLus fEr like 100 buCk..Jb oNe abt 150-200 rInGgIts iF i remEmbEr corRecTly..

tAke care...

Peace de man..

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/wanderin_spiritz/gsadventure.jpg

Men must be strong enough to know when he is weak, brave enough to encounter fear, dignified and having moral courage in honest defeat, humble and gentle in victory

TZM 150||X1 110||KTM LC4 400||CB400 Ver S||Suzuki GSXRR K7 600||Hyundai Verna 1.6M||Honda Phantom TA200||CB400 PB1||KTM 690 SMC