SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Collision on PG 1st straight..

Saw him a couple of times on the track and in workshop. Very humble, very approachable and very friendly guy. It is not just sad, but traumatising, to know about his mishap. Rest in peace, flowers. :(

It's agitating to know that there are actually people who felt that the accident could be due to Marcus' misjudgement. Doing a stoppie on the track is wrong. Regardless of whether the session has ended, starting, you win the championship or when the cows come home. There is no argument for it. Period.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/gnayed/n641300248_3172135_77.jpg

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He never carried a race number, Hil. He's just there for the ride, as he always said it.

But let's stop talking abt Marcus the rider. He's more than that.

He had just started a part-time degree course. He was aspiring for better opportunities. He was laughing abt some assignment due next week while he was out Xmas shopping with my GF and me in Taka last wk. And of course, his quite recent Mahjong craze, always chio-ing me to his place to play MJ with himself and Mokamoka. I always turned him down after the first few times where they both whipped the pants off me and took away a percentage of my month's salary. And my constant teasing him about his fashion-victim ways... his liking for Louis Vuitton and other designer labels. Hell, just a week plus back, we walked into a E. Zegna outlet, and I was ribbing him about his taste in fashion. And his pet guinea pigs which he named Rossi, Capirossi, Casey. I forgot the 4th little fella's name.

He had a great sense of humor. And of my years of friendship with him, I've never once even had a rough patch with him 'cos we were always laid back and easygoing abt virtually everything.

It's all the good memories of him that I'll remember him by.

Rudy,

He is a very respectable rider to me, he shares lots of common views, and never give a hoot how ugly our Ducs became ever since we introduce the bikes to the tracks. We love track weathered Ducs more than a garage queen Ducati, because we bought our Duc for the same reasons, track.

Yes, I will never forget his happy go lucky attitude, that I shall always remember him in my heart. Since I got news till now, every silent moments I have to myself, I see images of him in my head, the things we talk, joked, at my carpark, at the coffeeshop and lots of them on the tracks.

From the path we walked together, he's very much rider to me, and so very true to it. It is also amazing how much of a people person he is, the side of him that shines to you and the rider side of him that won my respect hands down, on such a down to earth guy that he truly is.

We shall remember him in ways we can, and I would very much want to fly a race number in honor of him, that such a wonderful person had given me the privileges to make my track riding much more of an experience.

Hilary.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48008&d=1198993193

flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)

#48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10

LollyPop: 1983-2011

#58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

y compare to gp 125?

For everybody's info, this is how death grip looks like.

Link

My mistake it was 250cc not 125cc. I am trying to say that a professional racer could not even avoid such a situation, much less hobby track riders like us.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48008&d=1198993193

Absolutely gutted to hear about this. I only knew him as flowers, the chap who brought me to PG for the first time, patiently guided us around the track for a couple of laps, explained the danger zones and stuff, encouraged me to take up professional classes to improve my timing...ever happy, ever optimistic. Having taken the news as such, I cannot imagine how his gf felt, witnessing the tragic accident unfold before her very eyes. To have such a bright spark extinguished by a stupid, dastardly act...committed by a moron who was too cowardly to face up to his own actions and slunk away like a low down rat, instead of rendering assistance. Go push your bike into the sea suah. It should have been you, not him.

My sincere condolences to the loved ones and friends of the deceased.

Postman Eating Inc*

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/murano04sfs/38y29ty14.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/155006-1/Mascot_scares_girl.gif

Squid defination: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

RIP to him who left, & condolences to his family members/closed ones.

If this (in singlet) is the Marcus (I knew him as "flower" when he was with his R6) I know, I am further deeply devastated.

Great rider, humble as always during that trip I organized to Mersing way back into 2005.

Losing a close one very painful. I have lost a great 10 year fren/rider in Aug, coincidentally also in the picture. Let alone bringing him back to SG. What has happened is past. Hope this painful event be a useful lesson pertaining to track etiquette, safety, first aid & all other aspects in riding.

Yes, its him. Close friends are deeply sadden. He has always been the Mr Nice Guy. The many happy kopi sessions and motorgp sessions that we had will always be remembered. Sad to say that this was his first crash and also his last. He has always been safe rider.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/Angkuguay/marcusakaflowers.jpg

RIP Marcus 1979-2007

I'm going to miss all your sms that chio me to go PG... Have heard that you've improve by leaps and bounds... wanted very much to spar with you... due to work... I've not been able to make it... I was looking forward to end of Jan when I should be free of some commitments... do an hour or two at PG...basically re-living our old days.

Items for sale

Ohlins rear shock spring 7.5 kg(mint)

Showa Fork w lower triple(used)

Stock FULL fairing 998s(used) w MS Prod Carbon Street Belly-pan

MS prod Carbon 998R tail fairing (used-DP#96938402B)

Bestem carbon belt (testastretta engine)

Ducati Corsa Screen-fabbri (new)

Oil Cooler (mint-#548.039.1A)

More parts than I can list here (mostly for 916 series)

(PM me for details)

Yes, its him. Close friends are deeply sadden. He has always been the Mr Nice Guy. The many happy kopi sessions and motorgp sessions that we had will always be remembered. Sad to say that this was his first crash and also his last. He has always been safe rider.

I'm going to miss all your sms that chio me to go PG... Have heard that you've improve by leaps and bounds... wanted very much to spar with you... due to work... I've not been able to make it... I was looking forward to end of Jan when I should be free of some commitments... do an hour or two at PG...basically re-living our old days.

Thanks to both of you to keep the network of friends contacted and support for the girlfriend too. She needs all the help we could render, physically and mentally. We may be friends because of bikes, but like Rudy said, there's also the friendship and bond that fostered without us noticing.

His death is very hard to take.

Ya... this is very sudden and heart-breaking... more so jia-lat for the family. I've always known Marcus for his fun loving, easy going and peace loving nature.

I've just read all the post and would like to humbly ask bikers not to take violent actions against the gixxer rider. Please respect Marcus and not take the law in your own hands using his name.

:cry: for sure i'll think of Marcus when I see the word "DUCATI" for a very very long time :cry:

Items for sale

Ohlins rear shock spring 7.5 kg(mint)

Showa Fork w lower triple(used)

Stock FULL fairing 998s(used) w MS Prod Carbon Street Belly-pan

MS prod Carbon 998R tail fairing (used-DP#96938402B)

Bestem carbon belt (testastretta engine)

Ducati Corsa Screen-fabbri (new)

Oil Cooler (mint-#548.039.1A)

More parts than I can list here (mostly for 916 series)

(PM me for details)

As of this morning, the wake has not been set up yet... I hope the parents do not have problems bringing him back

Rebuilding my dreams. But first, the gears

1) WP RS Taichi riding jacket

2) WP riding pants

3) Titanium riding gloves

4) Garmine Nuvi 550 GPS (US$259)

5) WP Komine riding boots

6) Arai Helmet

7) The BIKE of course! :cheeky:

This morning, an MSS rider messaged me the dreaded news on this festive day.

The 4th person in my life just passed on due to unnatural means within a short period of 2 months. 3 due to motorcycles.

Marcus fist joined me and my usual kaki on his Ducatic previously owned by an illustrious rider. Even though he was going very slow, neither did he dwell in envy nor gave up. His perseverance and burning passion for the track pushed him faster. He was very open towards new riding tactics and this led to his impressive learning curve.

It is indeed saddening to hear that a nice guy has passed away in the location which he has always loved to go. And on top of that due to an accident caused by a moron. While we mourn for his untimely death, we must remember the fact that Marcus signed the indemnity form before he commenced track. So did this handgun rider who caused his death. It is not worthwhile to do anything illegal to vindicate our dear friend's demise.

Many riders from the professional riding scene are already very upset with this handgun moron. Single out the moron and steer clear from him. Constantly let the biking community be reminded that there is such a Regan Lee of Pasir Gudang.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

This is incredibly tragic. I spent the rest of the day in shock after i heard the news. All the more coz i saw marcus prepping his bike b4 the session and he looked so happy and enthusiastic...this is a sad day for the biking community.

On a different note, i seriously think all stunts and showboaters should be banned from the track. I say that coz during the session today, I was going full bore when a nutter on a motard in front of me decided to pop a stand-up wheelie out of nowwhere, resulting in drastic measures from me to avoid him. I mean, seriously, I was so mad i nearly pop my own finger at him.

Please, leave the showboating somewhere else, this is a race track. We appreciate your talents, but for goodness' sakes, don't be an idiot and practice ur stunts at a track. I'm imploring you.

Today is a very tragic example of what can happen...

I agreed with you bro, in Apr trackday tis year, same incident happen to me, after the last turn full trottle and tis motard super*idiot*star pop-up his front wheel, it take less then sec to crash with him but manage to siam as what happen to the R6 before the the Duc braking with full pressure. Very very sad what had happen on the trackday, leaving pg with heavy heart.:(

RIP to him who left, & condolences to his family members

And for the stuntman who like to do stupid act, PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM ANY TRACK/ROAD. My piece of advice DO YOUR STUNT AT PAYAR LEBAR T.P HQ. What happen on the front straight is unforgiven. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Md Alseri aka asjunior

TSK 55

NOTHING LAST FOREVER

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r109/asjunior/bersamaMSF5.jpg

Deeply saddened by a life lost in a tragic manner. I feel compassion for his girlfriend, his sisters and as a mother myself, the late Marcus's mum.

My hubby is an ardent track goer for over a decade and his passion has escalated in the past 4 years. I would be lying if I say that I am at ease everytime he left for track cause I am not. My stomach would curdled, my heart would pounced from the time I bid my hubby goodbye till the time he is safely back home. But still I have never curb his passion...WHY??

He has instilled the mindset in me that track riding is of a controlled environment cause you would exercise safety measures. Many a times he would relate the day's event to me quoting a few examples of some inexperienced or in some cases reckless riders whose course of inept riding left little to be said. I would constantly...nope...diligently remind him to be extra extra careful and always be on his best guard to stay vigilant of such riders.

My worries has finally surfaced. I trust my husband but its those RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT that I am wary of. Each and everyone of the track riders has a social responsibilty to be on their best calibre to exercise safety on track and doing stupid stunts is not one of them. When an unfortunate calamity happened where my husband is present, I can't help wondering WHAT IF IT HAS BEEN MY HUSBAND???? He was just a few bikes away from the Suzy rider at the start but overtook him at some point and therefore was way in front after the chequered flag. What about our friend who was just behind the Suzy rider who managed to swerve to the right at the very last minute ????

Now I am having qualms about my hubby riding at PG Track while such reckless people are on the loose. There are more of them out there....I witnessed with my own eyes and if I may be blunt to say......I still implore wheelie stunts on track be it keeping to the right side of track away from the racing line or its justifiable due to the speed or whatsoever....... cause one wrong move and you could implicate others. Your two secs of kodak moment could cost two lives.

JCIRCUIT SDN BHD.....please make the track a safer place...for starter, please abolish the nincompoop reckless riders, have a more stringent safety measures to penalise such acts so that a wife like me, could breathe easier everytime my hubby is on track. Why the substandard compared to Sepang??? Because its RM20 cheaper during trackday in PG???

Mrs Ruddin

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/ruddin66/siggy.jpg

Multiply:ruddiani.multiply.com

Everybody,

Have received word from his loved ones that the wake has been extended a day till 26th, where he will be sent off. Pls help let all friends know. Thx.

If there are any updates or changes, I'll either post it up here, or update via SMS those I can.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

Deeply saddened by a life lost in a tragic manner. I feel compassion for his girlfriend, his sisters and as a mother myself, the late Marcus's mum.

My hubby is an ardent track goer for over a decade and his passion has escalated in the past 4 years. I would be lying if I say that I am at ease everytime he left for track cause I am not. My stomach would curdled, my heart would pounced from the time I bid my hubby goodbye till the time he is safely back home. But still I have never curb his passion...WHY??

He has instilled the mindset in me that track riding is of a controlled environment cause you would exercise safety measures. Many a times he would relate the day's event to me quoting a few examples of some inexperienced or in some cases reckless riders whose course of inept riding left little to be said. I would constantly...nope...diligently remind him to be extra extra careful and always be on his best guard to stay vigilant of such riders.

My worries has finally surfaced. I trust my husband but its those RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT that I am wary of. Each and everyone of the track riders has a social responsibilty to be on their best calibre to exercise safety on track and doing stupid stunts is not one of them. When an unfortunate calamity happened where my husband is present, I can't help wondering WHAT IF IT HAS BEEN MY HUSBAND???? He was just a few bikes away from the Suzy rider at the start but overtook him at some point and therefore was way in front after the chequered flag. What about our friend who was just behind the Suzy rider who managed to swerve to the right at the very last minute ????

Now I am having qualms about my hubby riding at PG Track while such reckless people are on the loose. There are more of them out there....I witnessed with my own eyes and if I may be blunt to say......I still implore wheelie stunts on track be it keeping to the right side of track away from the racing line or its justifiable due to the speed or whatsoever....... cause one wrong move and you could implicate others. Your two secs of kodak moment could cost two lives.

JCIRCUIT SDN BHD.....please make the track a safer place...for starter, please abolish the nincompoop reckless riders, have a more stringent safety measures to penalise such acts so that a wife like me, could breathe easier everytime my hubby is on track. Why the substandard compared to Sepang??? Because its RM20 cheaper during trackday in PG???

Mrs Ruddin

Good Day Mrs Ruddin,

It is always very heart wrenching to know a rider crashed and died in the track. And to stay away from track due to such accidents is also not going to profit anyone.

Your concerns are not baseless & I second your thoughts very much. Even with extreme aggression, the track still proved to be much safer than a public road.

Your concerns are the reasons why some of my kakis have shifted mostly to Saturday mornings. We can enter the track with more than 10 riders going between 1:35 to 1:55 in PG at cut throat competition riding style doing more than 25 laps within an hour with some rests. But there was zero accidents.

To be honest, track riding is like drug to a rider. You can only get more and more addicted. And with burning passion, you will need extraordinary forces to kick the addiction. So chances for you to stop your husband from riding in track is almost zero. And I wouldn't advise you to do that which can bring your relationship into jeopardy with a heated argument.

What I'd advise is that your hubby can cease riding with unfamiliar people. Join local race teams or proper track riding clubs. Proper riding etiquettes will be disseminated unbiasedly to all riders. And skill levels will also be improved. I believe your husband will know where to locate these clubs.

You will start to appreciate track safety when you see someone crashing at 140km/h during a turn with only a sprained ankle.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Guys and Gals,

Lets all show our respects to Marcus, who have moved on. Please stop all the flaming, speculations...etc.

For those who do not know him, we appreciate your well wishes.

For those who know him, as a close fren, as a brother, as a avid rider, lets all be there to send him on this last journey. The wake will be at Blk 56, Strathmore Ave.

we would appreciate if the gixxer rider would come forward to apologise to the parents in person as a form of respect.

Regards,

moka

I'd be heading down tonight and tomorrow to send him off. Who is going to take this last ride with him in full suit? I think he would like that. But I'm just worried that this might upset the family more.

I would appreciate it if you could seek his parents approval before doing this. Thanks.