SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Collision on PG 1st straight..

This is really sad. I heard of the news yesterday and felt an immediate loss. What made this worse is that this morning I found out via a cryptic SMS that Marcus is the son of my friend of 30 years, that I got to know in OCS, long before Marcus was born. When I first heard the news, I did not make the connection. Now "The Bear" and Peggy are devastated on the loss of their eldest. My thoughts are with them.

RIP Marcus. I will always remember you as the handsome, fit young lad in your photos.

Putting aside for a moment, the idiot that pulled the stupid stunt, I will also be quick to lay blame on the track owners who, in being evidently only interested in the $$ bottom line, once more demonstrate that they are simply not interested enough in rider safety. Anyone and anything is allowed on the track with little regard to speed differentials, skill levels, bike types and surface conditions - which are obvious safety concerns at most international level circuits. I've said it many times to close riding friends - PG trackdays are a death trap. This accident, seen through my own practiced eye, was an accident waiting to happen. Such a great pity that this had to happen to Marcus.

To the poster that reported Sayed saying the Gixxer rider will be banned in future, I ask this - do you really believe his and his employers' conviction to improve safety? Even if this was possible, what will prevent another dickH**d from attending a trackday and executing the same stupid stunt? Signing in for a trackday is so ridiculously easy (no IC or licence needed to prove identity) that even the original fool can gain entry on a false name.

Riders would do well to remember always that PG is UNSAFE. A lot needs to be done to improve safety by the track owners, and by riders. Hopefully, this sad event will spur everyone to action, and Marcus would not have died in vain.

Be safe, everyone.

:cool:

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly speaking Suturday or Sunday will not make any difference, is enough one reckless rider to take somebody life away.... PG have to apply strait rules like in Europe and Usa.

R.I.P. tp him & Condolences to his family members.

**Stocks are subject to availability**

Follow us on Facebook or log on to our website for updates and latest promotions. Ciao!

http://www.gmaxrace.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/gmaxracesgp

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp82/fernando8189/261162_103538701209_1609319559_n.jpg

Regards,

G-Max Race P/L

To be honest, track riding is like drug to a rider. You can only get more and more addicted. And with burning passion, you will need extraordinary forces to kick the addiction. So chances for you to stop your husband from riding in track is almost zero. And I wouldn't advise you to do that which can bring your relationship into jeopardy with a heated argument.

You will start to appreciate track safety when you see someone crashing at 140km/h during a turn with only a sprained ankle.

Good Day to you too :smile:

My sentiment exactly. After being with him for 18 years, my motto is "you wrecked your man's life when you deprived him of his passion".

But it is a shame nevertheless to lose an innocent life at the expense of someone else's stupidity. Now crashing in the manner you quoted above is far from it cause its all in the good name of track riding..... learn from mistakes.....Let it be of your own and not others.

If ever there is a lesson to be learnt from this calamity, is that while it is definitely much safer riding on track than on the road, one should never let his guard down. Be wary.....be utterly wary of such stupidity personified incorrigible stunter(s) who in his moment of folly has caused massive grievance to so many people.

Mrs Ruddin

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/ruddin66/siggy.jpg

Multiply:ruddiani.multiply.com

Forget it. Just take it that I never said anything. I would do some other things to remember him by. Apologies to anyone who might be offended with what I've posted.

No offense bro.

Whatever we do, we will need to get his parent's approval. hope you understand.

No one is offended, and both of you know flowers in person. AKG and I used to chill with flowers watching MotoGP at AKG's house......we understand, and we respect flowers' parent.

I thank both of you who have flowers in your heart.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48008&d=1198993193

flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)

#48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10

LollyPop: 1983-2011

#58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

May the vixctim R.i.p.... :pray: Condolence to the family

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/punkchenko/1_540916461l1.jpg

yun leong ngo cheh yat sam pat kei fung chung ngoi chi yau

yau wui pat yau yat tin wui tit tow

i think its a malay fellow, (if i'm not wrong) short small fellow, in greyish white suit.

This short f**k again?...To the short f**k: I hope you will stop riding for God and everyone's sake. This time you have really caused someone's life..u f**kin idiot! The last time u did it I was behind you and luckily i managed to avoid, u f**kin idiot. If you wanna show, go elsewhere not at the track. A**Hole!!!!!

1999 - 2000 ~ Honda Hornet

2001 - 2002 ~ Honda Fireblade L-Model

2002 - ???? ~ Yamaha YZF R1 2002

2007 - 2008 ~ Yamaha X1

2008 - ???? ~ Yamaha Spark 135

Most Memorable Trip On My Bike - 1864 Corners

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa285/danesious/DIGI0011-1.jpg

dear all, if you do witness an accident involving a rider, PLEASE do not remove his helmet as his skull might be cracked and also, please do check for spinal injuries before lifting him up onto a stretcher.

what you can do is to talk to him, give him your encouragement and also provide more informations when the pararmedics or doctors arrive at scene.

last but not least,

Godspeed flowers, may you RIP.

If u're patience in one moment of anger, u will avoid 100 days of sorrow.

Hi Bro,

Truly sad that some thing like this has happened. You were referring to kim peng in the picture other than Marcus right. Can you give me a call? I may need your help. my number is 9823 9388. Tks

My GOD! My condolence to this Ducati rider. If wheelie on the track, i would take it acceptable .. but what is this guy trying to prove by doing stoppie? even i wouldnt dare do stoppie on the track....

RIP my 2-wheel brother..... My prayer be with u ....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/indralove/Track/Edited123.jpg

May the Gravity be with you

Retirement of the Wheelie Jedi

Bro .. u know this malay guy ?

The last time u did it I was behind you and luckily i managed to avoid, u f**kin idiot. If you wanna show, go elsewhere not at the track. A**Hole!!!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/indralove/Track/Edited123.jpg

May the Gravity be with you

Retirement of the Wheelie Jedi

i could not believe my eyes when i saw the msg, and it was just sat nite when marcus chio us to go track.

i am so looking forward to fixing up my bike and joining marcus .............

bro rip, you will be forever remembered.

lets remember marcus for all he is, such a humble person who has been a great companion and what a tragic lost he is to us as a biking community. lets ride with sense the next time we hit the road.

He's like my 999 brother. The only 999 rider i knew and will go track with. We were suppose to change our fairings together. I was about to order a set for him. What more can i say abt him. He's really a nice guy. Kept telling me i'm crazy on the track. Becuz i keep wanting to go faster. It was fun pacing with him on the track. I think i'm really a crazy rider on the track, and the way he rides, he a safe rider on the track. Good news for me, i'm out from reservist.

I'll be heading down to the wake tonight.

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/625498_10151506336500777_489049580_n.jpg

Bikes Ridden & Riding Currently.

Yamaha YZF125 - 2001

Super 4 Spec II - 2002

Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2003

Ducati 999 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2006

Yamaha R1'09 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2009

+ Vespa LX150 - 2012

FJR1300A '13 / Vespa Lx150 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2013