SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Suspension Related Issue

civicblade

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

showa is a good brand. but as it's an OEM model, it's at the base of the model range. it's like the xjr which comes stock with ohlins, but the base model as well.

bitubo is way better than showa in this case..

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

The showa on the stock super 4 is mass production for OEM equipment. This does not mean that the shock is no good.

Just like to know from fellow Super 4 rider who had tried both the OEM showa and the bitubo if the Bitubo upgrade is really worth the money in terms of improved performace.

Thanks in advance.

bitubo is really gd. i sat on s4vtec aka thomas' bike then stand up, the bitubo suspension springs up fast n strong(machiam kena poke in the backside). my showa cant match that standard.

FU2***L NSR 150 SP Pramac (RIP)

FBB 1***H Spark 135 Lmt Ed (RIP)

FZ4***B Aprilia RS125 (RIP)

FT3***J S4 Spec1 (RIP)

FG7***E RXZ (RIP)

FBD***** YZF-R1 (RIP)

FBD8***D YZF-R6 (RIP)

The showa on the stock super 4 is mass production for OEM equipment. This does not mean that the shock is no good.

Just like to know from fellow Super 4 rider who had tried both the OEM showa and the bitubo if the Bitubo upgrade is really worth the money in terms of improved performace.

Thanks in advance.

most if not all s4 owners who upgraded to bitubo used to have showa stock on their bikes.

the price for a pair of stock showa suspension can buy you the top of the line bitubo suspension for s4, with change to spare.

if showa's suspension is really that good for s4, why do people change/upgrade to bitubo?

Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

though bitubo shocks are better, but when pushing bike to shop, they still will press the price down cos its not OEM. so i believed for this reason, most ppl will still like showa. not bcos its good but not to let the shops chop. :D

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

though bitubo shocks are better, but when pushing bike to shop, they still will press the price down cos its not OEM. so i believed for this reason, most ppl will still like showa. not bcos its good but not to let the shops chop. :D

bitubo have resell value..

here's a tip, keep your stock showa at home after upgrading to bitubo.. and when you decide to sell yr s4 or push it to shop, take out the bitubo and put back the showa.. and sell the bitubo separately on the forum..

tats why its always adviced to keep any stock parts tat u replace with after market parts. cos, when u intend to sell ur bike, all the stock parts are still around to install back to ur bike. at the same time, u also can sell the after market parts if the next owner of ur bike do not want them... :thumb:

AMKS4 Riders, Gathering S4 Riders of our Tomato Land

- My current ride, Honda CB 400 Super 4 Hyper VTEC. More pictures @ friendster.com/s4vtec -

http://photos-566.friendster.com/e1/photos/66/56/31526566/1_265855588l.jpg

- Feel free to contact Thomas aka s4vtec @ 969-11-787 should you have any questions about your S4. -

well, this i know. to keep the part so that next time sell can put back.

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

KYB,YSS,BIBUTOS and Showa. I kinda like Bitubo though. looks like its very good.

Honda Rebel 125 (Rebeliah) 2004-2006

Super 4 Ver S (Sephia) 2006-

Mersing(Air papan), Desaru,Tanjung Balau,Tanjung Piai,Pahang/Rompin,Penyabong,bekok waterfalls,Sepang/KL, Penang/KL,Melacca/Gunung Ledang,Pahang Endau Rompin Jungle. more to come~

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/salleh_/S4MHondaman.jpg