SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

♂♀ Loners - Dare To Ride Alone...

Mrace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would love to ride alone up north but haven't really done so yet as I'm unsure of a few things...

1. Safety - Is it ok to go up alone? Will I get robbed, and my bike stolen?

2. Breakdowns - What the hell am I going to do if the bike breaks down??

3. Traffic - I know how the drivers/riders/truckers are like in Singapore, but in Malaysia...??

Any kind souls here care to enlighten a fellow loner? 'Cos I'd like to ride up to Genting soon, and experience what it's like riding in the cool, clean mountain air!

Would love to ride alone up north but haven't really done so yet as I'm unsure of a few things...

1. Safety - Is it ok to go up alone? Will I get robbed, and my bike stolen?

2. Breakdowns - What the hell am I going to do if the bike breaks down??

3. Traffic - I know how the drivers/riders/truckers are like in Singapore, but in Malaysia...??

Any kind souls here care to enlighten a fellow loner? 'Cos I'd like to ride up to Genting soon, and experience what it's like riding in the cool, clean mountain air!

1. Depends on your luck

2. Google for Msia towing service numbers.(Have a tyre repair kit on you just in case)

3. No speed is too fast for them.

22 May 2014 - Passed TP (1st attempt)

28 May 2014 - Pulsar 200 NS (FBH2***Y)

Genting is very far. Unless you are riding class 2 (maybe 2A is OK), otherwise probably not worth to attempt it.

You can also start by making short trips to nearby places in Malaysia.

Although this is a Loners thread, I think you should do this with experience riders before you attempt riding up North alone.

Yamaha Power Valve, Suzuki scrambler, Honda Scrambler (1992 - 1998)

Suzuki Swift : 2001 - 2003

Honda City : 2003 - 2011

Honda Civic VTI : 2011 - 2015

Suzuki Impulse GSX400V 2014 - 2017, extend till Oct 2022 (Scrap in Nov 2020) 😢

Honda Vezel : 2015 - Nov 2025

Thanks for the valuable advice guys! In terms of getting mugged in the streets, I've been lucky thus far in Malaysia. Maybe it's because I try not to appear like a typical 'Lansi' Singaporean! Haha!

I've got a 2A bike, but that has some reliability issues that need to be sorted before I attempt any kind of a trip up north. So where's a nice destination for a short trip? Been to Desaru already, nice riding but the place sucks ass! As for going up with experienced riders, totally agreed! Been scouring the meet-up/rides threads but nothing seems to be happening right now...

Try Kluang... Exit NS highway at 80km mark, not too far for 2A. I guess stay a night there is OK. Nothing much happening there. I suggest only because my wife is from there, so I go there occasionally. I've seen some Singapore registered S4 there. Batu Pahat also same exit on NS highway but I am not familiar with the place.

Yamaha Power Valve, Suzuki scrambler, Honda Scrambler (1992 - 1998)

Suzuki Swift : 2001 - 2003

Honda City : 2003 - 2011

Honda Civic VTI : 2011 - 2015

Suzuki Impulse GSX400V 2014 - 2017, extend till Oct 2022 (Scrap in Nov 2020) 😢

Honda Vezel : 2015 - Nov 2025

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Go lorong bapok snow wash yesterday. Got 1 lady rider on her FZ16 (i think). Cute. 😄 but with bf (i think) also riding.

• Yamaha RXZ 135
  • Honda Wave 125
  • Honda CB400 Spec 3
  • Yamaha FZ6 
  • Yamaha FZ1S
  • Yamaha XMAX 300 & Yamaha R15

Go lorong bapok snow wash yesterday. Got 1 lady rider on her FZ16 (i think). Cute. ������ but with bf (i think) also riding.

hey, i thought thats my life

• 11 months later...