SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Engine Oil

Whitey3

What 4T best supported?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What 4T best supported?

Very simple, the same 3 level of products, say durain.

Salesman 1 call it: "budget", "normal" and "best".

Salesman 2 will call it: "best", "even better" and "best of the best"

So can you see that "normal" for one is really the same as "even better" for another salesman? The sad case is that the term "fully synthetic" has become just like the term "even better".

It all started in the 90's when big oil companies started arguing that certain 'high grade' petroleum base oils are 'as good as' synthetic base oils for 'general use'.

So they swapped the more expensive synthetic base for that cheap highly refined petroleum base and still market it as 'fully synthetic' at the same price before. Production cost reduced a lot, but sell same price, make big money. Lawsuits were filed but surprisingly they won. Now it become common practice.

The quality of the 'fully synthetic' product cannot make it for extreme applications (like racing and motorcycles), so along came "100% fully synthetic". Only a handful of performance oils are still true synthetic base and usually they will state clearly "100% fully synthetic" and "PAO" or "Ester" base. Hope this makes it clearer.

So wat fully synthetic EO tat u sell? At wat price? Can PM me?:p:)

Rider Can Be Driver, But Driver Cannot Be Rider......

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks ah pek for the EO change for my phantom 150, will feedback the results on my 2 stroke engine after i clock more mileage. :cool:

Edited by ahcaibiker

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

• 4 weeks later...

Ahpek! Ahpek! Ahpek! i feel the need to meet u for eo change and tons of question for a very noob s4 rider here.. pls pm me ur number il contact u and book an appt for u busy schedule. HAHA. my bike needs help..

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu171/rif37/039.jpg

~Ride Safely... Think of your loved one...~

CB400 spec 3 - Sept 2010 to Oct 2012

FZ1S - Oct 2012 to Current

i just met ahpek for the AP engine oil change yesterday and heres my review.

1. He takes time and good care of your bike during oil drainage and replacement

2. Has plenty of useful technical advice for the benefit of the rider.

3. Explains in detail with regards to all your queries

My helmet strap broke while walking at his carpark and my helmet dropped and my visor broke. Thankfully he had a flathead screwdriver for me to remove my broken visor. The effects of AP engine oil is immediate. After using a variety of engine oils of various grades and viscocity, this is by far the best with its x1r treatment. I can feel my bike is much quieter, previously i used to hear my timing chain ticking, but its silent now, amazing! I usually ride cruising ard 5-6rpm, but now after the change to AP oil, the bike screams for me to go throttle crazy with it. Long ride home to bukit batok, i had a hard time trying to keep my helmet down(no strap already, it broke) and trying to fight the tears forming in my eyes due to the high rpms i was doing with no visor. I would HIGHLY recommend to everyone to try. I seldom go above 12rpm, and amazingly i managed to pull one easily and fast yesterday! You have a loyal customer here! Would be coming in the future for grounding, eps and coolant definitely. Worth the long ride to and fro. Plenty of useful technical advice for all. Good chit chat as well. Sorry couldn't get you kopi o la ahpek, i not familiar with the area. HAHA

Thrash? Don't mind if i do.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126/59442677.gif

My helmet strap broke while walking at his carpark and my helmet dropped and my visor broke. Thankfully he had a flathead screwdriver for me to remove my broken visor. The effects of AP engine oil is immediate. After using a variety of engine oils of various grades and viscocity, this is by far the best with its x1r treatment. I can feel my bike is much quieter, previously i used to hear my timing chain ticking, but its silent now, amazing! I usually ride cruising ard 5-6rpm, but now after the change to AP oil, the bike screams for me to go throttle crazy with it. Long ride home to bukit batok, i had a hard time trying to keep my helmet down(no strap already, it broke) and trying to fight the tears forming in my eyes due to the high rpms i was doing with no visor. I would HIGHLY recommend to everyone to try. I seldom go above 12rpm, and amazingly i managed to pull one easily and fast yesterday! You have a loyal customer here! Would be coming in the future for grounding, eps and coolant definitely. Worth the long ride to and fro. Plenty of useful technical advice for all. Good chit chat as well. Sorry couldn't get you kopi o la ahpek, i not familiar with the area. HAHA

Betol nye "angs" LOL..

• Yamaha RXZ 135
  • Honda Wave 125
  • Honda CB400 Spec 3
  • Yamaha FZ6 
  • Yamaha FZ1S
  • Yamaha XMAX 300 & Yamaha R15

Betol nye "angs" LOL..

• Yamaha RXZ 135
  • Honda Wave 125
  • Honda CB400 Spec 3
  • Yamaha FZ6 
  • Yamaha FZ1S
  • Yamaha XMAX 300 & Yamaha R15

well. thats my honest review. if its good. share to all la. this is not angkat. i dont get $ out of this.

Thanks bro...good mean good..cannot bluff one...LOL! Not everyone get to use my stuff. I don't sell but you believe and asked for it, we share its' goodness. Thanks for your kind words. ;0)

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Ah pek need to find u for ur EO and EPS soon

I'll be getting my newly beast ST on friday

kekeke

Wah lau!!!...you strike ToTo or what???..just gotten car over Class2 bike..then still want CL2 bike..admire admire!!!...eh..insurance second ame free leh..can add my name or not..can borrow ur ST go Thailand sometime...heee...x2!

bo la never strike toto where got lucky

just that this current owner hardly utilise his bike and road tax gonna expire soon

i just top up $500 and COI this bike

kekekeke

• 2 weeks later...

lol! kano, u seem to be fan of endlessloop eh? i just love reading his blog but now he stop i also no more adventure liao...

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

how the NEW eo coming along ah pek? i change gear at about 6 to 8rpm. lolx just clocking my mileage atm. shld be visiting you again soon. :)

Yah...got liao but somewhat experimental still lah..a few ppl using it liao..cost a little more for that extra add on. Anyway..the old stuff is still as good though.

Yah...got liao but somewhat experimental still lah..a few ppl using it liao..cost a little more for that extra add on. Anyway..the old stuff is still as good though.

ah pek.. wats ur new eo about? i haven get to try ur nano, u come up wif new one liao ah... i going to change eo soon.. mind telling wats ur new eo about?? thx hehe

WTS givi e16 smile box, with led @$20

interested party , do PM me..

must try!! singaporean SOP kiasu must try best of best

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/fluzzy_flu/Junkies/bff.jpg

ah pek.. wats ur new eo about? i haven get to try ur nano, u come up wif new one liao ah... i going to change eo soon.. mind telling wats ur new eo about?? thx hehe

Just improve it by making it more "lubed" by adding "film" to it. More slippery without causing clutch slippage lah. Anyone oso can do..if they know what to add.

• 2 weeks later...

alreadi one week wif ahpek EO.. Can reallie feel the EO kick in now. Feels the engine well lubricated with the X1r stuck to the walls of my engine.. Bike at low gears very smooth and even smoother at higher speed.. can even feel the bike moving so calm at high speed.. Well done by Ahpek.. thanks for the tips n tricks..

like wat the master always say.. "Ride Safe My Friend"...

hehee. still must try. i really trash my bike. waiting for 10k mileage then change. now 8k already.

change gear 8rpm. LOL travel like FLASH. :cheeky:

Wah~! Seems you like to chiong with V-tec on ar... I was thinking if we could bypass the V-tec solenoid and leave it energised all the time... :):):)

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

Wah~! Seems you like to chiong with V-tec on ar... I was thinking if we could bypass the V-tec solenoid and leave it energised all the time... :):):)

what does dat realli mean bro? by pass the solenoid? noobie here.. :)

what does dat realli mean bro? by pass the solenoid? noobie here.. :)

He wants a non Vtec on a Vtec bike...LOL!