SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Engine Oil

Whitey3

What 4T best supported?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What 4T best supported?

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tot car eo is meant for dry crutch?

Bikes are generally wet crutch... Any long term effects???

You need to do a google check on the PDS (Product Data Sheet) on the type of car engine oil used. Some automotive engine oil are suitable for wet clutch system like Schaeffer Fully Syn Racing 5w50 or Redline 10w40, 15w50. But best is to get dedicated 4T JASO MA spec oil like Mobil Racing 10w40 4T or Motul 300v 10w40.

Went to try AP oil today and I must say it's really amazing.. Bike feels super smooth n shiok to the point you really just want to keep whacking the throttle! Hahaha.. Try to believe it!

Really nice guy who loves to share knowledge and have a good chat.. You can sense the passion in him.. Highly recommended!

Ah Pek I'm really tempted to try the grounding.. Will contact you again.. Thanks a lot for the help!

Went to try AP oil today and I must say it's really amazing.. Bike feels super smooth n shiok to the point you really just want to keep whacking the throttle! Hahaha.. Try to believe it!

Really nice guy who loves to share knowledge and have a good chat.. You can sense the passion in him.. Highly recommended!

Ah Pek I'm really tempted to try the grounding.. Will contact you again.. Thanks a lot for the help!

Heh Arsyad...if that's u..thanks for the kind words mannn! :0)

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Unless I DIY what do you mean? It's cheaper then maxima tho.. Mine can last me for 8k before my oil changes..

as in change the oil yourself. cheaper than maxima meh? per bottle is not 1L of oil.

its doesn't work out to be cheaper for me as i don't drag my oil change interval

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.

Yesterday went to try Ah Pek's EO. I would say now my bike feels smoother, less jerky and rev to a higher rpm much faster. Definitely worth every penny!!

BTW, Ah Pek, yesterday you were saying that when I cruise at 100km/h, my rpm should stick at 6k at 6th gear. But then, I tried this morning, it seemed that at rpm 6k, my speed only showed around 95km/h +-. What's the prob ar?

Oh yeah, my heating prob seems to slow down after changing the EO. Will monitor for another few days if the prob will get better.

Yeah man, i change my EO with Ah Pek last week and the outcome i must say is tremendously amazing. No more jerky feeling during changing of lower gears and RPM increase even faster than before. Truly amazed by Ah Pek's EO. Im very happy with the outcome. Definitely will come back to him in the future.

Thumbs up Ah Pek.

Its not how fast you can reach your destination and its not how you modify your machine but at the end of the day, its HOW you ride the machine!!!!.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l251/tanjianhua/ed.jpg

Ha...x3! Bro!..you really good at Photoshopping! Thanks!...wish I can market a product as such..if I do, I make u my packaging designer :0)

Need some opinion regarding Engine Oil.

Who feels that ur bike only suitable for certain/selected brand of engine oil?

As in u tried other brands engine oil although is the same viscosity and grade, u will find ur ride is rougher and drop in performance.

Do share the worst Engine oil u ever experience with.

Do share around! thx

Why not you share first? Which brand your bike not suitable to?

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

Ha...x3! Bro!..you really good at Photoshopping! Thanks!...wish I can market a product as such..if I do, I make u my packaging designer :0)

haha swee... nice one... ah pek.. looks like everyons loving ur concoction.. ur kopi susu damn power....

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu171/rif37/039.jpg

~Ride Safely... Think of your loved one...~

CB400 spec 3 - Sept 2010 to Oct 2012

FZ1S - Oct 2012 to Current

Need some opinion regarding Engine Oil.

Who feels that ur bike only suitable for certain/selected brand of engine oil?

As in u tried other brands engine oil although is the same viscosity and grade, u will find ur ride is rougher and drop in performance.

Do share the worst Engine oil u ever experience with.

Do share around! thx

I dont think that only certain brands of EO will suit our bike. Its down to the condition of your own bike. If your bike is problem free and does the engine is in perfect working condition, i believe that it will be suitable for any kinds of EO that are suited for your Super 4s. So far never heard of anyone saying that his bike is not suitable for certain type of EO and die-die must use certain type of EO only. As long as your bike can move it means that there is nothing wrong with the EO. Only if you think that your bike cannot "fly" after you use certain type of EO, then i think its the rider is too fussy. Like i said if your bike is healthy and in perfect working condition, im sure you can use any type of EO which are available for that specific bike.

Its not how fast you can reach your destination and its not how you modify your machine but at the end of the day, its HOW you ride the machine!!!!.

I dont think that only certain brands of EO will suit our bike. Its down to the condition of your own bike. If your bike is problem free and does the engine is in perfect working condition, i believe that it will be suitable for any kinds of EO that are suited for your Super 4s. So far never heard of anyone saying that his bike is not suitable for certain type of EO and die-die must use certain type of EO only. As long as your bike can move it means that there is nothing wrong with the EO. Only if you think that your bike cannot "fly" after you use certain type of EO, then i think its the rider is too fussy. Like i said if your bike is healthy and in perfect working condition, im sure you can use any type of EO which are available for that specific bike.

Well said bro! If ur engine is in bad condition..rgardless of how good the eo, its of no valid but do last an edge longer. Anything else xtra into it (eo)will be an extra mile in reliability with regards to maintenance.

Edited by Ah Pek

Well said bro! If ur engine is in bad condition..rgardless of how good the eo, its of no valid but do last an edge longer. Anything else xtra into it is for that extra mile in reliability withregards to maintenance.

ah pek.. can i ask... if ur engine got problem... not really the eo u are using contribution 100% to engine problem rite? if like say ~choi choi~ my engine got problem, i use the top grade the best eo.. will it solve my problem? totally depends on alot of tings rite? sorry to ask this noob question.... :angel:

TA 200'02 | JUN 2008 - JUN 2010

S4 SPEC3'07 | JUN 2010 - MAY 2012

FZ6 S2'07 | MAY 2012 - CURRENT

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af70/heskeydal/signature1.jpg

ah pek.. can i ask... if ur engine got problem... not really the eo u are using contribution 100% to engine problem rite? if like say ~choi choi~ my engine got problem, i use the top grade the best eo.. will it solve my problem? totally depends on alot of tings rite? sorry to ask this noob question.... :angel:

Well.simply put as an example...the best eo in the world cannot repair a worn out bearing or tooth of a gear..these parts need to be replace..right? The only best thing it can do is prolong further damage..hopefully enough time for one to save $s to get the parts replace. Hope I have answered ur quest.

Well.simply put as an example...the best eo in the world cannot repair a worn out bearing or tooth of a gear..these parts need to be replace..right? The only best thing it can do is prolong further damage..hopefully enough time for one to save $s to get the parts replace. Hope I have answered ur quest.

thanks ah pek..!!! really ans my quest~!!!

TA 200'02 | JUN 2008 - JUN 2010

S4 SPEC3'07 | JUN 2010 - MAY 2012

FZ6 S2'07 | MAY 2012 - CURRENT

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af70/heskeydal/signature1.jpg

Well said bro! If ur engine is in bad condition..rgardless of how good the eo, its of no valid but do last an edge longer. Anything else xtra into it (eo)will be an extra mile in reliability with regards to maintenance.

Thumbs up Ah Pek..

good day guys

today i pumped my first full tank after changing to ahpek's EO on 19/11. i was stunned by my Spec2 FC. 23.99km/L!

average for my last 10 pumps was 22.52km/L, running on some Agip oil. really shocking, i believe my next tank gonna give me as good mileage. Ahpek EO simply sedap!