SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Mt 03

sniperkiller

2 hours ago, khorlin said:

I never go that fast 120 I think good enough in Sg highway, but in Msia side would like to try one time what is the max speed. 

Any guru here know if the bike idling of 30 min crossing JB would kill the bike? Ur input would be appreciated.

My friend ask me to changed to Motul cool expert hybrid as it protect the radiator, he say the heat goes up slower. I am willing to try provided it help also 

So far never wack the bike yet but start to ichy fingers already to mod . haha.

For coolant, engine ice better ba..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• Administrators
On 5/28/2021 at 5:22 PM, khorlin said:

I read, engine ice good for high rev and top speed, but not for stop and go. 

Unless I am wrong.

Engine Ice is the best coolant i've used, bar none. I think another bro here also had issues with overheating, changed to Engine Ice and the situation improved significantly.

Normal idling crossing borders should be no hard to the engine especially MT-03, Yamahas are quite hardy bikes.

You can get Engine Ice from @Unique_Motorsports, SG's exclusive distributor. They are a SingaporeBikes vendor so you can get a nice discount if you mention SBF.

Good luck!

P.S. I've had overheating issues when number plate of radiator guard blocks the airflow so you can try removing if you face overheating issues.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 5:22 PM, khorlin said:

I read, engine ice good for high rev and top speed, but not for stop and go. 

Unless I am wrong.

that was my initial thoughts as well.. but i heard from the motorcycle shops that they have change the contents over the years and upgraded. It now even comes with a thin layer of protection against rust and corrosion in the coolant.

I have upgraded to engine ice and it seems a lot more better then normal coolants.

On 5/30/2021 at 9:54 PM, SBF said:

Engine Ice is the best coolant i've used, bar none. I think another bro here also had issues with overheating, changed to Engine Ice and the situation improved significantly.

Normal idling crossing borders should be no hard to the engine especially MT-03, Yamahas are quite hardy bikes.

You can get Engine Ice from @Unique_Motorsports, SG's exclusive distributor. They are a SingaporeBikes vendor so you can get a nice discount if you mention SBF.

Good luck!

P.S. I've had overheating issues when number plate of radiator guard blocks the airflow so you can try removing if you face overheating issues.

indeed~ 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

SBF admin,

Thank you for ur advice. I will get Engine Ice in due time.

Kamsia

Adesmond2, 

Thank you as well, as I am more confident with Engine ice now.

Kamsia

• Like 1

no problem.. just join the FB group and have a chat there also.. haha

• 10 months later...
On 5/28/2021 at 1:02 PM, khorlin said:

I never go that fast 120 I think good enough in Sg highway, but in Msia side would like to try one time what is the max speed. 

Any guru here know if the bike idling of 30 min crossing JB would kill the bike? Ur input would be appreciated.

My friend ask me to changed to Motul cool expert hybrid as it protect the radiator, he say the heat goes up slower. I am willing to try provided it help also 

So far never wack the bike yet but start to ichy fingers already to mod . haha.

so it's been a year and border open already.. got go and try border crossing? 😛

Update us after you tried idling for 30min and top speed you managed to reach.. 😛