SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Do you gear up when riding?

arthur_chan

Do you gear up when riding?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Do you gear up when riding?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AUS$ not really weakend as its about 1 for 1 now? if it was S$1 to A$1.3.. wah that will be good..

anyway, how much is mw selling komine jk412 now? the full mesh jacket..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

AUS$ not really weakend as its about 1 for 1 now? if it was S$1 to A$1.3.. wah that will be good..

anyway, how much is mw selling komine jk412 now? the full mesh jacket..

going regina tml to have a look at rjay.. i dunno which model is jk412.. but i saw the camo pattern on on sale at motoworld 199

yeah.. wanted to exchange some A$.. now too late..

actually.. isn't now a good time to buy aussie dollars if u speculate that it will rise in value against the SGD in the future? Me investment noobie.. Don't quote me.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

yes you are right pplater.. i misread neo's reply.. i was saying if the exchange rate was like S$1 to A$1.3 then it would be good since their $ is weaker than ours. then he quote saying it was A$1.3 to S$1 a few months back and i read wrongly. i am also an investment noobie.. you can edit your reply that you quote me already.. haha.

so how much is the jk412 komine full mesh selling at mw recently?

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

maybe its just me, but I find some of rjays products sadly lacking the Ozzie built quality, no?

Brand is OZ, but don't tink its made there.. Like most other jacket, shld be made in China. Correct me if i'm wrong, i never own Rjays before. Wanted to get one.. But looking at the quality.... maybe i went wrong plc to look for Rjays stuff, LAB...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/855609689.png

Brand is OZ, but don't tink its made there.. Like most other jacket, shld be made in China. Correct me if i'm wrong, i never own Rjays before. Wanted to get one.. But looking at the quality.... maybe i went wrong plc to look for Rjays stuff, LAB...

if its made in Oz, i doubt the price will be so cheap.

nowadays everything is made in china.

american shuttle, russian shuttle, whats the difference?

all made in china

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

thanks for the link.. but the brands they are comparing are not the common brands we are considering to buy leh.. ie komine, rs taichi, rjay etc..

thanks for the link.. but the brands they are comparing are not the common brands we are considering to buy leh.. ie komine, rs taichi, rjay etc..

Actually I have the Vanson Vent Jacket for sale that was reviewed and rated the best among all the mesh jackets from the weblink :p

Check it out here:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219301

• 2 weeks later...

got a black rjay octane from lab at 170.. The problem is that tis jacket is kinda long at the sleeve for me, so the elbow guard always slip below my elbow. But i managed to zhng up a velcro so tat i can strap up the elbow guard.. not bad after all..

Saw a forummer selling his L size komine air stream for 179 only.. too bad i got my jacket already if not sure get his one

the rjay octane one huh.. i don't think the lower armour piece is meant for the elbows. Its supposed to be located at the fore-arm, between the elbows and wrists.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

the rjay octane one huh.. i don't think the lower armour piece is meant for the elbows. Its supposed to be located at the fore-arm, between the elbows and wrists.

oopss.. izzit? i didnt know man.. cos i try komine one and e one has e guard for elbow so i tot rjays' for elbow as well

oopss.. izzit? i didnt know man.. cos i try komine one and e one has e guard for elbow so i tot rjays' for elbow as well

I guess it's difference in designing... but from what is see, the rjays' octane jacket should be quite lasting lah... except for the velcros which might wear out over time...

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

any other full mesh jackets to recommend that's in the region of $100+? komine 412 dun have my size, rs taichi size also limited, i am not too impressed with rjay octane but i wont rule that out..

how useful is the waterproof inner lining? do you all use it or prefer to just wear your normal raincoat over?

any other full mesh jackets to recommend that's in the region of $100+? komine 412 dun have my size, rs taichi size also limited, i am not too impressed with rjay octane but i wont rule that out..

how useful is the waterproof inner lining? do you all use it or prefer to just wear your normal raincoat over?

Umm... well... you can start your search at Motoworld... They should have a wide variety of mesh jackets to choose from...

As for the waterproof inner lining, I really feel that it's too hot for S'pore. I don't use it at all even though it comes together with my other Clover mesh jacket.

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg